Abolish the Player Shops

Options
BloodShogen - Dreamweaver
BloodShogen - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
I personally believe this game doesn't need player shops when theres a auction house. i mean it would also stop the cities being packed full of useless hard to navigate market areas. may also make it lag free for some people. also has a chance to stop some gold farmers in some ways.

fiesta had the same dam problem where the markets were so bloody packed.

only differences between this and fiesta is that this is a better game and it has an auction house. i find if more people used the auction house and didn't use the player shop it would be a hole lot better in the cities.

i also think it would stop venomancer getting ripped off with insane prices 10k for a tank pet where if i were the one selling a magmite or glacial it would be 1k

this could just be me ranting a bit but if anyone with me and they think the market system is stupid when they have an auction houseb:boredb:tired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
darkness is what Killed this warrior
Post edited by BloodShogen - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I personally believe this game doesn't need player shops when theres a auction house. i mean it would also stop the cities being packed full of useless hard to navigate market areas. may also make it lag free for some people. also has a chance to stop some gold farmers in some ways.

only differences between this and fiesta is that this is a better game and it has an auction house. i find if more people used the auction house and didn't use the player shop it would be a hole lot better in the cities.

i also think it would stop venomancer getting ripped off with insane prices 10k for a tank pet where if i were the one selling a magmite or glacial it would be 1k

this could just be me ranting a bit but if anyone with me and they think the market system is stupid when they have an auction houseb:boredb:tired

Problem with the Auction House is the fee attached to selling it doesnt resemble the current market value of the items. Ever try selling mirages at the AH? It wants to take 2k per mirage away from you for a listing fee, in addition to the 5%. Likewise most harvested materials are outragiously over proportioned in their listing fees. They base the listing fees on a portion of the NPC sale price, which doesnt reflect market prices. Another game i used to play did this, but they switched over to the listing fees also being proportional to how much the player is selling the item for, so it wasnt so odd.

Also There many items that cant be sold at the Auction House, mostly boutique items, but they can be cat-shopped. Its impossible to sell any of the packs or pack reward items via the Auction House. And then theres times when it takes them forever to add some things to the filters, for instance the ninja outfits, someone can post it at the AH, but a buyer could never find it at the moment.

So while i completely support the Auction House system over cat-shops, in this game, it doesnt have the full functionality to replace catshop.

Edit: Also that same afore-mentioned game i used to play, had player bazaars. However, in cities there was a 10% tax on any good sold from the bazaar, i forgot if it was payed by the merchant or buyer. But it acted as a coin sink & encouraged more people to use the Auction house, or at the least, to not completely clutter up a city. Amusingly, there's became a small area just outside the main city people came to know as the unified place to set up the bazaars, to avoid the tax. Which was fine, if i needed to check for those types of big items, i went there, but it wasnt lagging up my city.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    First: It's not allowed to name other MMO's in the forums (not that anyone in the Suggestion Box cares about that... and not that I do care about personally)

Second:

That's the way it is. Player Shops are a good option beside an Auction House (avoiding fee's and such). And also PWI is making money out of it (see, the shop licenses they're selling for 5g each).

About venomancers or rather players getting ripped off, it's like irl, c'est la vie.

It is true that locations like especially West Archosaur are totally filled up with player shops, but well, at least it's just the West District which is so immensely packed.

A solution for "clearing" the West District would be - as several times suggested before - a market area, where player's could put up their shops.
  • minitar0
    minitar0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

the whole get rid of shop thing is stupid but i do agree with the veno rip why make them worth 1 gold in shop then sell for like 10 to 20k when u could get it for free i know i sell for 100gp up to 5k depending on the lvl and skills the pet has