The fail barb

Options
13»

Comments

• Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As amusing as that rant was to read, it sounds like you did act pretty irritatingly. I mean, you're the tank class. You need to be a bit flexible.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Meh, I`ve had some archer also, yet he is never gotten hit by Rankar`s aoe.
    Archers may be able to attack from outside the fire AOE range. I don't have one so I can't say. The game doesn't have any range measuring tools so the max distance I can measure with my characters is ~30 m.
    But yeah, never seen Rankar do his fire aoe so I cannot really comment how hard it is if it happens to exist.
    You've seen it. He does it about every 10-20 seconds. The fewest times I've been hit by it in a fight is once, and that was in an overkill squad with two level 100s, two level 90s, helping one person with her BH51. Rankar went down in about 15 seconds.
    Even if that aoe does exist, doesn`t change the fact that bb is just plain waste on Rankar, if AA/LA cannot survive that aoe, they have to fail somewhere. Ijs if I get QQd about my gear as it is no uber one, I kinda expect those same DD classes not to be oneshots for weak aoes `cause only if they get oneshot by that fire aoe, is your argument valid for the need of bb.
    No, that is not my argument. My argument is that most people don't know he has two AOEs. So an arcane experiences the fire AOE (weak on arcanes), figures that's his only AOE, then ends up wandering into his physical AOE range. His physical AOE can one-shot arcanes (though by the time you get BH51 it's usually two-shot).

Personally I think the cleric should just let them die when that happens, so the arcane will learn not to do it again. But most cleric players seem to be very soft-hearted and will do whatever it takes to keep squad members alive. So in that scenario, BB is just about the only choice, since it'll halve damage and give the arcane a chance to survive the physical AOE.
    If they dun get oneshot, cleric can aoe heal that dmg, making it no problem for anybody. Other scenarios you mentioned just consisted of fail, which in fact doesn`t make using bb smart.
    L10 AOE heal is 3.5 sec channel, 3 sec cooldown (6.5 sec total cycle time, 5 sec w/ 43% channel). It heals 1070 + 20% matk.

BB is 5 sec between heal ticks, heals 300 + 20% matk. But the 50% damage reduction effectively makes it equivalent to doubling everyone's hp and healing 600 + 40% matk every 5 sec. So it passes 5 sec AOE heal in effectiveness if you have more than 2350 matk. It has about half the mana cost of AOE heal, but slightly less range. The 2 sparks to start it means you can't instantly restart it if it's interrupted (at least without a veno to feed you sparks), but if interrupted you can always fall back on AOE heal.

In most cases where a squad member is being knocked down to half hp or lower, BB is the better choice of the two - it gives better survivability, effectively heals more, costs less mana, and cycles faster for most clerics at that level who haven't amassed tons of channel gear. Needing 2 sparks to restart is not a disadvantage because if you do get interrupted, you're no worse off than if you'd been AOE healing (if you're paying attention and not afk). So the only way BB loses out is the range (15m vs 20m).

AOE heal becomes better when you get the sage/demon versions, which may be why you think BB is fail. Healed amount goes up to 1600/2200 + 25%, and range increases to 26/21 m. BB does not have a sage/demon upgrade. But I would assume any squad doing BH51 does not have the sage/demon versions of AOE heal either.
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well i am flattered the person ranting about me posted on the threadb:thanks b:laugh as for the comment keep em coming but i gota gree with this one
    ok, from reading that girls post about u, i have to see that its not ur barbarian that fails, its you. YOU FAILL!!!!!!

mutch agreed im a c0cky person who is over confident and i highly belive in my abilities, i finaly got the answer i was looking for
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    mutch agreed im a c0cky person who is over confident and i highly belive in my abilities, i finaly got the answer i was looking for

You weren't so cocky and overconfident then more then horribly mislead.

Four months ago you were able to stand and make a claim Rankar was only (yeah, only) hitting you. Four months ago you were also able to repeatedly warn a perfectly capable squad that Fushma was coming despite the fact you were well off the radar and had said the same thing at least two times before within a two minute period.

That to me does not scream overconfident more then it screams mislead and damn near paranoid.

However, past is the past. My only question is why the hell you even wanted to post about this given the fact it's four months old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You weren't so cocky and overconfident then more then horribly mislead.

Four months ago you were able to stand and make a claim Rankar was only (yeah, only) hitting you. Four months ago you were also able to repeatedly warn a perfectly capable squad that Fushma was coming despite the fact you were well off the radar and had said the same thing at least two times before within a two minute period.

That to me does not scream overconfident more then it screams mislead and damn near paranoid.

However, past is the past. My only question is why the hell you even wanted to post about this given the fact it's four months old.
    dont get your undies in a bunch hun, i googled my self found it and thought it might be funny to see what comments i got when i posted it ^^
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    2) Ties in with point one. What's ironic is it wasn't your skills I necessarily questioned and complained about, it was your attitude. Point one is exactly what I was talking about.

Seriously you silly forum people, since when was talking about somebody's attitude and personality the same thing as talking about somebody's ability to actually play the game? Better yet is you're all sitting here discussing a rant from four months ago that, up until I saw this thread, I couldn't even remember existed. Hell, I'd forgotten about Saitada's forum a long while ago, too.

You make me laugh.

BTW Grav, I miss you too. ;~;

I think your the one with the attitude problem reread what you wrote and think about it a little and then decide who has the bad attitude you or him?...

I dont really care when the rant was wrote and I dont see how that is relevent or why bringing the point up that it was four months ago excuses you to rip someone apart.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think your the one with the attitude problem reread what you wrote and think about it a little and then decide who has the bad attitude you or him?...

I dont really care when the rant was wrote and I dont see how that is relevent or why bringing the point up that it was four months ago excuses you to rip someone apart.

Lol, QQ more hun.

I read what I read and still completely agree with it. Don't like it? Tough cookies, go play in some other sand box then. I don't need to have an "excuse" to call somebody out on having a ****ty attitude in a squad.

Much like you're going to turn around and say you don't need an excuse to sit here whining that I'm the one with the attitude problem.

Even funnier is how you missed the complete point that the rant was made four months ago. You know, four months ago in the past which is a long enough time that nobody actually cares any more and there's really very little to say. Aside from how potentially petty it is to bring it up again.

That would be like me starting a thread and quoting every time somebody said my name. It's pointless, it's stupid and shows far more attitude issues then a four month old rant about some guy's **** attitude back then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol, QQ more hun.

To QQ about something does it not need to actualy affect you?
    I read what I read and still completely agree with it. Don't like it? Tough cookies, go play in some other sand box then. I don't need to have an "excuse" to call somebody out on having a ****ty attitude in a squad.

I did not realise I was playing in your sandbox next time I will make sure to make sure I dont wonder in to your sandbox again. And not needing a reason to verbaly bash some one else explains more to me that words ever could.

Even funnier is how you missed the complete point that the rant was made four months ago. You know, four months ago in the past which is a long enough time that nobody actually cares any more and there's really very little to say. Aside from how potentially petty it is to bring it up again.

I allready addressed that issue in my last post.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh look a kick **** flame thread!
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol, QQ more hun.

Much like you're going to turn around and say you don't need an excuse to sit here whining that I'm the one with the attitude problem.

That would be like me starting a thread and quoting every time somebody said my name. It's pointless, it's stupid and shows far more attitude issues then a four month old rant about some guy's **** attitude back then.

well in all honesty i dont see why your so bent out of shape i posted this to get people's opinions, yet you bluntly come here and argue, yes this did happen in the past, yes its over and through with, but i wanted people's opinions and wanted to know what they thought of the incident if you read it all i accept the bad comment and the good. but you, you come here and insult me, and insult others who post a comment on here. i dont know about you but if i had to re read your rant and then read your comments, id have to agree with the people saying you have an additude problem. but that is not why i posted this thread, i want other peoples opinions.

no im glad to see even more ^^ 7 pages is quite alot of comments, and i gota say xD that what some of your peoples opinions are funnier then a rat chasin a cat, keep them coming pleasebb:thanks

P.S. Please stop flaming this thread you have stated your opinion, now let other people state theres.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You didn't create this thread to get people's opinions. You created this thread to hear people say "Omg that veno is so noob, don't worry about them you're pro."

You just wanted to get your epeen stroked.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rhapsodus wrote: »
    You didn't create this thread to get people's opinions. You created this thread to hear people say "Omg that veno is so noob, don't worry about them you're pro."

You just wanted to get your epeen stroked.

not really o.o, i dont mind if people give comments that insult me it dosent bother me. im just happy to see so many comments^^

P.S. its ego not epeen
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well in all honesty i dont see why your so bent out of shape i posted this to get people's opinions, yet you bluntly come here and argue, yes this did happen in the past, yes its over and through with, but i wanted people's opinions and wanted to know what they thought of the incident if you read it all i accept the bad comment and the good. but you, you come here and insult me, and insult others who post a comment on here. i dont know about you but if i had to re read your rant and then read your comments, id have to agree with the people saying you have an additude problem. but that is not why i posted this thread, i want other peoples opinions.

no im glad to see even more ^^ 7 pages is quite alot of comments, and i gota say xD that what some of your peoples opinions are funnier then a rat chasin a cat, keep them coming pleasebb:thanks

P.S. Please stop flaming this thread you have stated your opinion, now let other people state theres.

1) I've insulted nobody. Aside from telling one person to quit with his QQ and poorly formulated arguments, all I've done is said once upon a time, you had a bad attitude. (And oh hey if you look I'm not the only one. Yet I'm the only person you'll call out on it. Sore feelings? )

2) I haven't flamed the thread either. I just came here asking why you honestly felt the need to post something from four months ago? Because the opinions really wouldn't matter given how long ago this was in the first place. Had this thread been, ya know, a couple of days after the incident, I'd have understood it. But... four months? (What's funny is that me seriously asking why you felt the need to post this has become an "big meany argument" even though all I ever did was ask why such an old issue ever needed to be given more opinions in the first place.)

Keep it up, you guys. You're doing a very good job of making yourself both look very bad, because all I did was come in here, clarify a couple of things, and ask you why this honestly had to be posted because it's not like anybody's opinion on a four month old issue will change anything now, and you're both sitting here whining that I'm being all aggressive and mean and trolling and "QQ stop flaming."

Really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhapsodus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not really o.o, i dont mind if people give comments that insult me it dosent bother me. im just happy to see so many comments^^

If it doesn't bother you, why bother making this thread at all? Certainly it bothers you enough that you want to boost your ego by making a thread full of "HimiInuOni U PROOZZ MA HERROOZZZ".

This is all your first post says.

"This person called me fail QQ. I'm so fail QQQ, but I don't think I'm fail T_T. Please comment and say otherwise and tell me I'm pro".

That's what it loosely translates to.

You know those people who purposely say something like "Oh my god guys, I look terrible in this dress." and then hope other people say "oh nooo! you look beautiful!"?

That's what you sound like.

PS. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=epeen
    edited July 2010
    Options
    please quit flaming this thread, i am wanting to hear comments not flaming
  • rhapsodus
    edited July 2010
    Options
    please quit flaming this thread, i am wanting to hear comments not flaming

K. HimiInuOni, you are undoubtedly the best barbarian to ever grace Perfect World. If Chuck Norris was to be reincarnated into a half beast half human, it would fit no one other than you. The skills you bring to the table and your gracious and kind attitude make you the furry animal everyone dreams of.

It is simply inconceivable that those people could think so lowly of you. Clearly they are blind to the blatant truth that you are none other than the pinnacle of perfection, a prodigy. Your reputation that precedes you is nothing more than lies and slander born from hate and spite.

Once again, let me express my deepest love for you, and my loyalty to your epeen is ever growing.

Can I also lick your shoes?
  • Dangerk - Dreamweaver
    Dangerk - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok so this may come out harsh or rude w/e you guys wana call it but im being straight honest. iv worked with you himi i know how you act.. i think this thread is a cry looking for people telling you that your not fail so you can feel good about your self. and ofc your going to get flames this is just a thread to boost your ego. personally i found that post funny as hell and i can totally see all of that happening.
    just my 2 cents
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rhapsodus please quit the anoying stuff, im wanting comments you have stated yours, now please stop flaming ^^

and to dangerk im glad to hear honnest opinions, atleast some one is stating what they honestly thing and not getting mad and then ranting
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh for pete's sake, mod/gm close this thread already?

1. Himi only wants attention, me thinks :3
    2. Flame thread anyone?
    3. I and most ppl dont really care bout this
    4. like Aryll stated already, it's a necro in disguise -> original post 4 mnths old already and who the hell cares bout this really? (see pnt 3 :P)
    5. who the hell cares bout this?
    6... who cares bout this?
    7. ..... you get the point

Oh yeh, and whole of Dreamweaver knows/heard of himi already through stories like Aryll's, WCs, Faction chats and vents etc etc. So we already know with whom we're dealing with here. b:bye Hiya DW peepz b:bye

tyvm b:cute
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Is it me?

You have no idea how often he says that.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1) I've insulted nobody. Aside from telling one person to quit with his QQ and poorly formulated arguments, all I've done is said once upon a time, you had a bad attitude. (And oh hey if you look I'm not the only one. Yet I'm the only person you'll call out on it. Sore feelings? )

Poorly formulated argument? lol at least I dont keep repeating my self.

Keep it up, you guys. You're doing a very good job of making yourself both look very bad, because all I did was come in here, clarify a couple of things, and ask you why this honestly had to be posted because it's not like anybody's opinion on a four month old issue will change anything now, and you're both sitting here whining that I'm being all aggressive and mean and trolling and "QQ stop flaming."

Really?

I doubt I am making my self look bad well no worse than you have made your self look so dont worry about that b:pleased and I never once said you was aggressive or that you was trolling but the fact still remains your attitude sucks..

Anyway my last post here holding a conversation with you is like competing in the special olympics.... You might win but your still a r etard.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Poor baby has to call people names now that he's run out of false statements and poor arguments.

You're the only person actually calling anybody offensive names here, so you really don't prove your case very well when you say I'm making myself look bad.

Shoo now. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apc21
    apc21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think when we call someone a "Fail Barb" one is refering to his/hers barbarian capacities, and in no way any connection to the personality ... or one would refer to the person himself/herself.b:laugh
    So having sorted out that confusion, I have only two things to add: A special thank you to the member who praised one of my factions barbs.
    And now to the actual issue in question, IS Himi a Fail Barb ? I can only say what I believe in, I have squaded with him, he has tanked a World Boss for my faction and I have no complaints. So is he a Fail Barb ? NO WAYYYYYYYYYY b:pleased
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    NERUDA why dont you post with your toon showing? and tanking a WB doesnt mean you cant be a fail lol the general agreement is that its his attitude that sucks now if thats true or not remains to be proven but from his past not looking to good is attitude and treat ment of others is whats beeing called fail not his toon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "fail" is overused. its annoying
    Cool story bro.

hey i like your signature.
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User