why?

Options
Sweetginger - Harshlands
Sweetginger - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
so iwas wondering what drew you into choosing a venomancer as your class was it the pets? the skills?something else.
reason for this thread is because i've been thinging lately why did i choose a veno and couldn't find a decent answer, i actuallity i'm seem more like a cleric person. Anyway post and feel free to explain furtherb:victory
Post edited by Sweetginger - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Because it is actually fun to be controlling two things at once. It is great having a versatile character that DDs or tanks. Moreover, loved the fact that our repair costs barely costed anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The fox part. :p
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The pets. I love animals. <3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the skill tree. that's how i was comparing classes when deciding whether to play PWI, looking at skill lists, and the debuff skillset of the veno just looked amazingly fun. (it is.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You can scamper around as a fox with eye shadow and glowing paws while your flaming chicken kills every player in sight...nuff said
  • ropihl
    ropihl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The antlers....b:victory
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1. I love pets.
    2. I like being able to solo things sometimes.
    3. I'm addicted to summoner-type classes.
    4. I love versatility.
    5. I like to be a support player in a group, but not anything as intensive as a Cleric--I get to be helpful without having to stress over everybody's hp.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • AKshaYa - Archosaur
    AKshaYa - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1. I love pets.
    4. I love versatility.
    5. I like to be a support player in a group, but not anything as intensive as a Cleric--I get to be helpful without having to stress over everybody's hp.

Well said.
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I like the ability to solo 90% of the game, whilst being an incredibly asset to any squad. I, too, love animals and like to pretend herc is furry. b:chuckle

Herc. Like that movie. http://cjhallman44.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/where_the_wild_things_are_poster2.jpg
  • Yamiko - Dreamweaver
    Yamiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The cat ears and the Pets. *-*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like the fact of not have to always depend on squads to get stuff done
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The cat ears and the Pets. *-*

Nice siggy b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Heavenberry - Dreamweaver
    Heavenberry - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1. I love pets.
    4. I love versatility.

This would be my quote of choice.
    Plus I like cats...and my veno has cat tail and ears.
    Achievment unlocked: Lagg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I know why you cry, but it is something I can never do.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for me it was the pets. no matter what game i play im always some sort of magician class, and being a magic class + a pet sounded really nice to me, so i always had someone to play with LOL even if he wasnt a real person <3 i somehow always manage to pass up my bf in levels, so we dont really get to train together much, so its nice that im not "lonely" all the time... lol.

and then when i kept going with it, i began to love their "debuff" skills too. and the fact that the pet has very many possibilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Belith_ - Heavens Tear
    Belith_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Like so many before me have stated the pets :D. I also like being able to solo things when I'm not in the mood to find a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The fact that the race is called Untamed and that you can control wild animals. It just feels superior b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's the pets...
    (<was playing cleric saw a veno.. ooooooh! I wanta pet tooooo :O )

and I just gotta say ^^
    I love to lure stuff... Hopping in and out foxform on bosses to debuff etc.
    I love helping people out and I like the fact that I can solo a lot so I'm not always bound to get help from other people :)
    and well... ofcourse I love my furry tail and ears b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    For me it was mostly the versatility of a class that could both deal phys and mag damage and attack both long and short range. Yes, pets helped close the deal. I also think that a veno's role in a squad is one of the most fun and challenging.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I like the veno, personally.

I have two main reasons for choosing to play mine:

1) The ability to solo most things, if and when I want to solo.

2) The low repair costs makerunning a veno a perfect way to feed my other toons. (via catshopping drop items.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Vixennia - Raging Tide
    Vixennia - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    First thing that made me want to play a veno was the look. I tend to want to play attractive/exotic characters. I actually made a char of each class except barbarian and cleric cuz I have zero interest in healing and I don't like the lack of customizing options on the barb nor do I wish to play a male character.

But once I started playing the character I really enjoyed the idea of being able to be a caster which is my preferred class type and being able to have a pet to hold aggro off me. Made things much faster. The low cost thing was definitely a plus as well.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well know this sounds stupid but would it be possible for a veno to function without a pet.
    what i mean by that is a part from squads when solo grinding can we act as a wizard like person kite and cast?
    i know someone might ask why would u want to do that? reason is for me it would seem relaxing even if it's just a couple of mobs to not have to worry about healing anything else but me unless it's an archer mob:O
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ive been told to pick veno when i 1st started due to my playing style... i hate asking for help and i hate depending on others to get my stuff done. Beside a veno is the one that can help others too from the early lvls. After i started to play this class i learned the rest of the usefull stuff a veno can do and realized it was the best choise ever. I love everything about venos, the look, the skills, the gameplay, the multiple functions a veno can have in a squad, from tank to DD, debuffer, chi sender, even buffer :p
    On the other side, as some1 asked, yes i love being a "wizzie" sometimes, and i act like one in most BHs instances. In fb99 i dont sumon my herc except for luring or when DDing at boss. Why? coz of many mobs ppl use to avoid and its very difficult to do this with a pet following ur ****. Beside im a kamikaze veno, never actually worry about my charm ticking therefore i grab agro all the time b:laugh (b:surrender blame my channeling:P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BusinessVeno - Archosaur
    BusinessVeno - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I chose the Venomancer for its ability to help others kill their bosses. Yes, the normal cleric/barb combo is the most sought after, but finding both just for a boss can take a lot of time. With the Venomancer, I can just ride to the rescue, kill the boss, myself, and take off.

Also, after playing a cleric for a long time, it's nice not to have constant pms begging for rezzes.

Addendum:
    Demon Fox Form = win
    ==========================
    BusinessVeno

"The general must be first in the toils and fatigues of the army. In the heat of summer he does not spread his parasol, nor in the cold of winter don thick clothing ... . He waits until the army's wells have been dug and only then drinks; until the army's food is cooked before he eats; until the army's fortifications have been completed, to shelter himself."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War