The fail barb

Options

Comments

• Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont know your abilities now(and based on the story I really hope they changedb:surrender),but just based on the story you definitely were or are still a fail barb b:shocked.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reading the text I gotta point out that BH squad itself was made of idiots... Rankar aoes, but it`s quite easily out ranged, he hit`s so low on HAs that it`s better for cleric to throw aoe heal once in a while than to BB. If barb needs so much healing that those once and while throwed aoe heals cause trouble, please re-roll. No, AAs shouldn`t be in the freaking range of it at all. Either that is the fact or AAs in my BH51 squads are freaking pro who do something godly during that instance as they dun need heals.

Yet acting like di.ck towards squad isn`t really the best way to deal with situation. If you got something to point out, do it in respectful manner, getting treated like child makes the one needing advice just flat out ignore the point. Whining all the time about something/treating squad like idiots/etc usually just makes the squad bad, everybody get pissed for that. One more thing for that, if somebody fails at something, look if it was accident or does he do it again, before going all out QQing. I myself try to be rather funny than try to instruct squad, if something goes wrong, we laugh and make sure we dun do it again.

And meh, getting asked to instances doesn`t make good barb, hell, I got pretty much spammed "come do this" when I say anything in guild chat or somebody from FL notices that barb logged on, lol. I actually was spotted yesterday on south Archosaur when ppl were looking for barb, god I need to hide better next time =/. But meh, ppl tend to throw invites on my FL after instances, guess I don`t fail too badly as I got some ppl there and I myself haven`t ever invited anybody there before they invited me =p. And hp is irrelevant, I have done FC since I had 9k hp in tiggy, so meh, hp on 9x barb is totally irrelevant when it comes to being good at fc. But meh, like somebody said, 9x FC isn`t about survivability, it`s about speed if you can`t keep aggro/die, you can`t be fast, but w/o speed you aren`t pro either.

Not being in squad I cannot tell if you fail badly, but I gotta say neither of you seemed too pro after what I have read during these last minutes. If veno calls cleric pro whom freaking BBs next to Rankar, veno has to fail, otherwise she/he would have corrected something or at least haven`t talked about cleric the manner she/he did.

Ps. I myself dun squad again with ppl who QQ about every charm tick/some stupid stuff like that. Also ppl whom make run rather annoying dun deserve another spot, I rather have fun while playing, even if it means lil more repairs/charms tick/etc.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The word fail is over used in this game.

Not just overused, but misused. See my signature.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yep, it is misused and abused!

KayLinda, I have to comment on your signature. A lot of people call Assasins something else than sins... It's just the forums and all... that don't allow itb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Himi, even if you're not a fail barb, I do have a tendency to not squad with people who have an attitude like yours. I have no problem with you, but several times in the Equinox vent, I had to leave with several others since you'd interrupt the conversation with constant bragging and dissing on other classes. (e.g. "BMs aren't DDs")

I have gotten bossy in squads, namely in FC when tossing around aggro was a constant problem for me in squads where normally a sin or a BM would tank, and an archer or a wizard would demon spark before the tank even had proper aggro. That is the only time I got annoyed in squads, really.

Edit: I miss Air QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think.. I would have blacklisted you..

leave the mothering to the Clerics and just save some ****. wether its yours or someone elses.I get what she is saying it was overly annoying you telling them what to do.when they know what they're doing, and its easy to just run into somthing if your not paying attention.

.. However... I don't know why the cleric had to bb at ranker... a simple IH would have worked... and everyone else could have just not stuck thy're heads or rankers butt... at lvl 60 yeah it can hurt but not at maxed range..obviously if your too close get back...

Also.. rly hope the bragging stage is over.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    see what happens when you google yourself?

you should have googled my name instead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    see what happens when you google yourself?

you should have googled my name instead

howd u know i googled myself o.o *out of boredom*
    you have a fail barb rep, ive done fc with you and i think you refused to tank the magic mobs hall at that time...which is sometime all barbs can do.

and who cares about some executor from arma? the only factions that matter in dreamweaver are calamity and equinox. and you have been either kciked out or quit equinox.
    u must have the wrong barb, i go out of my way to get apo just for that hall way ask Lucretious or AznAssasin

And still glad to see both positive and negative comment keep em comming
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    as to islamey well said b:victory , an example of kicking chuckx an executor for the faction armagedon
    he was kicked from squad for badmouthing so geuss what he decided to do. Squad whipe us log out log back in kill heads log out and relog agean to kill more of em, and his faction did nothing when i messeged there director *she said she would talk to him* nothing was :P *this is one of many examples of me kicking people*
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/inuyasha1052/2010-06-0920-33-59.jpg
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/inuyasha1052/2010-06-0920-36-14.jpg

what I get from your post is that you decide to kick ppl out of squad; that you abuse the power of the leader, a decorative position imho.
    I believe that a squad is a group of people cooperating and any change should be made only if the majority agrees. i despise squads with a dictator and you clearly behave as one.

unless it is clearly stated in the beginning that you are the Leader and Ruler of the squad your behavior is horrible, unacceptable and you fail, not as barb, but as a player.

I never squaded with you as far as I remember and you may not behave like I thought. I'm just judging from what I have read. In case some of my assumptions are not correct ignore the last paragraph.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I didnt bother to read any of this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I didnt bother to read any of this

why did you post if you didnt read it :p u trying to look coolb:victory
  • ZmLr - Dreamweaver
    ZmLr - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u are fail barb b:chuckleb:embarrass
  • TheRemedy - Dreamweaver
    TheRemedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I do remeber squading you in a bh 51 a Loong time ago. I dont have quite the same views as the veno did. I remember you were a bit bossy but, I really had no problems with you as to how good a barb you were I dont recall you being to terribly horrible or that godly spectacular so...I would say your a mediocre barb. As to attitude i cant really judge because i have never known you personally but i have seen some of your comments on wc and to fellow faction mates and friends of mine. Your attitude towards others does not do much to encourage others too be friendly toward you. So I give you advice, you need to be friendly to make friends.
  • LiNeSsA - Dreamweaver
    LiNeSsA - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ur question on the first topic is if this is a fail barb or a angry complain, well in my opinion e a bit of both. Personaly i dont know much about u, we squad once to help u open a TT run but i see ur WC and taking in consideration the post of that veno and reading some post here on the thread i wouldnt say ur a fail barb, that was long ago and ppl change, well ur post where u say u have 16.6k and ur demon and sage have just 15k, my friend a good barb isnt judge by the hp they have... but by their acts, by the actions he takes in diferent situation during a BH, TT, FC, RB whatever and the way u talk to others. i think u arent a fail but u need to learn how to threat ppl, the same way u wont like ppl bossing u, other dont like either, kick ppl from squad and mind on other business is good to get a fail barb reputation as u say u have on ur server, also i see that u change faction alot of times and u cant stay in one for longer... u blame this player, that one or even the faction system... but did u think that the problem might be you and not others? Still dont worry ur lvl 96 but we are always learning and we make mistakes so we can learn with them
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

The Urban Dictionary is far removed from being a legit grammatical reference
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Himi you may or may not still be the same as i remember but i can tell you if you havent changed your attitude then you may as well quit the game cuz no one will want to squad with you. From what i remember you acted and probly though you were the best player ever and that you and your class were far better than any others. Also no amount of gear or any specific stat decides if your "fail" its your attitude and how you play the game you cannot substitute stats and gear for true skill and and a plesant attitude thats what makes a good player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no amount of gear or any specific stat decides if your "fail", its your attitude.

I couldnt had really said it better.
    To get respected you must respect others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    howd u know i googled myself o.o *out of boredom*

u must have the wrong barb, i go out of my way to get apo just for that hall way ask Lucretious or AznAssasin

And still glad to see both positive and negative comment keep em comming

...I believe AznAssasin did a better job pulling and tanking fc than you. And yes, getting apo is good, but most barb does not even need apo b:bye. That kinda says something right?

But you know your class, and keep aggro and all, theres nothing wrong with the way you play your class except maybe insisting that a DD Barb at lower level is not a fail.

However, my view of you comes from everything, world chat(I can still remember Alaxan said something about you), how often you change your faction, and personal squadding experience with you. And the 'fail' reps comes from there. Its jsut a rep though, but since many others in this thread sorta see how you 'fail' in one way or another, i suppose it true.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reading the text I gotta point out that BH squad itself was made of idiots... Rankar aoes, but it`s quite easily out ranged, he hit`s so low on HAs that it`s better for cleric to throw aoe heal once in a while than to BB. If barb needs so much healing that those once and while throwed aoe heals cause trouble, please re-roll. No, AAs shouldn`t be in the freaking range of it at all. Either that is the fact or AAs in my BH51 squads are freaking pro who do something godly during that instance as they dun need heals.
    Rankar has two AOEs. A short-range physical AOE, and a long-range fire AOE. I have never been able to attack him while being outside the fire AOE. If you are close enough to cast spells on him, you are inside the fire AOE range and will take damage.

Usually this is not a problem for arcanes since they have high mdef. However, since most people don't know he has two AOEs, what will frequently happen is that on the first run the arcane player learns he can't get outside the fire AOE range. On the second run, the player figures since he's going to be hit by the AOE anyway, it doesn't really matter where he stands. So he just attacks from where ever, and ends up getting too close and is within physical AOE range. Then the cleric has to BB to save his butt.

Yeah, pro players know about both AOEs. But lots of players don't (including apparently you). So it's up to the cleric to save their butts when these players get themselves into a bad situation, and usually the best way to do that is BB since in addition to healing, it halves all incoming damage. I would imagine the fire AOE is not exactly easy on BMs and light armor classes either if they don't have a lot of hp.

Another time the cleric may have to BB is when melee classes don't know about Rankar's physical AOE being short range, and attack him from both sides. This will probably force the cleric to stand within Rankar's physical AOE to hit all the melee classes with an AOE heal. If the cleric is arcane, the AOE heal probably won't be enough for himself, so he's forced to BB to keep himself alive.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Rankar has two AOEs. A short-range physical AOE, and a long-range fire AOE. I have never been able to attack him while being outside the fire AOE. If you are close enough to cast spells on him, you are inside the fire AOE range and will take damage.

Usually this is not a problem for arcanes since they have high mdef. However, since most people don't know he has two AOEs, what will frequently happen is that on the first run the arcane player learns he can't get outside the fire AOE range. On the second run, the player figures since he's going to be hit by the AOE anyway, it doesn't really matter where he stands. So he just attacks from where ever, and ends up getting too close and is within physical AOE range. Then the cleric has to BB to save his butt.

Yeah, pro players know about both AOEs. But lots of players don't (including apparently you). So it's up to the cleric to save their butts when these players get themselves into a bad situation, and usually the best way to do that is BB since in addition to healing, it halves all incoming damage. I would imagine the fire AOE is not exactly easy on BMs and light armor classes either if they don't have a lot of hp.

Another time the cleric may have to BB is when melee classes don't know about Rankar's physical AOE being short range, and attack him from both sides. This will probably force the cleric to stand within Rankar's physical AOE to hit all the melee classes with an AOE heal. If the cleric is arcane, the AOE heal probably won't be enough for himself, so he's forced to BB to keep himself alive.

Meh, I`ve had some archer also, yet he is never gotten hit by Rankar`s aoe. But yeah, never seen Rankar do his fire aoe so I cannot really comment how hard it is if it happens to exist. Even if that aoe does exist, doesn`t change the fact that bb is just plain waste on Rankar, if AA/LA cannot survive that aoe, they have to fail somewhere. Ijs if I get QQd about my gear as it is no uber one, I kinda expect those same DD classes not to be oneshots for weak aoes `cause only if they get oneshot by that fire aoe, is your argument valid for the need of bb. If they dun get oneshot, cleric can aoe heal that dmg, making it no problem for anybody. Other scenarios you mentioned just consisted of fail, which in fact doesn`t make using bb smart.

Ps. Really, bb halves dmg? Sorry, too tired to troll you for that.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The close range physical aoe should be able to kill a normal geared AA at that level in 1 or 2 shot.

The fire aoe interupts so good luck with the squad heal. A perfect interupt would kill your squad unless everyone pots, which is kinda rare. (its the fire aoe that interupts the BB too btw)

And bb halves damage taken.

I would think of BB as a luxury, theres no harm in using it as long as everyone knows how to benefit from it and knows the risk of it being interupted.
  • Sedokk - Harshlands
    Sedokk - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok, from reading that girls post about u, i have to see that its not ur barbarian that fails, its you. YOU FAILL!!!!!!
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well OP the person your talking about is crazy irl so it can't be helped.b:chuckle
    ok, from reading that girls post about u, i have to see that its not ur barbarian that fails, its you. YOU FAILL!!!!!!

lvl 53 Bm's know what they're talking about, amirite?
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah HimiInuOni, you are by fare the biggest idiot and fail barb I ve ever seen.
    And damn it I ve seen many barbs failing ...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Here's what's funny, and what seems to have escaped so many people's notice:

1) That rant thread? Did you look at the date on it? Did you? March. Wednesday, the 10th of March, 2010. Four. Months. Ago. Are you so petty? This is nearly like a weird kind of necro - but rather then just necro the original thread I made on these forums you just decided to make a whole new topic about it.

2) Ties in with point one. What's ironic is it wasn't your skills I necessarily questioned and complained about, it was your attitude. Point one is exactly what I was talking about.

3) It's also finny that everybody seems to think I'm calling the cleric pro - when all I said was that she had the best attitude of everybody in the squad. Really?

Seriously you silly forum people, since when was talking about somebody's attitude and personality the same thing as talking about somebody's ability to actually play the game? Better yet is you're all sitting here discussing a rant from four months ago that, up until I saw this thread, I couldn't even remember existed. Hell, I'd forgotten about Saitada's forum a long while ago, too.

You make me laugh.

BTW Grav, I miss you too. ;~;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ingway - Sanctuary
    Ingway - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Interesting stuff. The only thing I've ever noticed is how it hits very hard in close range and not too hard when out of range. I've always attributed this to distance, but I'm corrected here.

Still, I would never propose a cleric, especially the sole cleric, to BB. I've never seen anyone die to Rankar's AOE except when the barb pulls too close to arcane classes. I'd rather type in squad chat for squishies to stand close to me than to run forth and BB to save their asses at the risk of interrupts.

The only exception I ever had clerics BB-ing for Rankar was when we had 2 archers and 3 clerics to do Rankar, so yeah, the halving of damage from BB was necessary. Once BB dropped, another cleric popped it up. Quite unfortunately, I was two-shotted the moment BB dropped, so the cleric whose BB dropped had to res me.

Thus, I'd rather not BB on Rankar.
    3) It's also finny that everybody seems to think I'm calling the cleric pro - when all I said was that she had the best attitude of everybody in the squad. Really?

Seriously you silly forum people, since when was talking about somebody's attitude and personality the same thing as talking about somebody's ability to actually play the game?

The cleric was named xxx if I remember rightly, and she was awesome. I loved her attitude and her personality, she just plain rocked. Or he. I dunno, could have been a guy playing a girl toon. But either way, this was the best person in this squad.

^ Best person in the squad could be interpreted in ways more than one.

At least for me, I had this notion that you thought she was 'best' overall, not just in attitude--especially when you stood on her side about the whole BB thing.

HimiInuOni - you are a failure of a barbarian. I would hate to see how much of a failure this level 98 cleric you supposedly have, is.

^ Then this should be irrelevant. His failure as a person should not be tied in to his job classes.

Thus the further misunderstanding, if that's what it is.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The cleric was named xxx if I remember rightly, and she was awesome. I loved her attitude and her personality, she just plain rocked. Or he. I dunno, could have been a guy playing a girl toon. But either way, this was the best person in this squad.

^ Best person in the squad could be interpreted in ways more than one.

At least for me, I had this notion that you thought she was 'best' overall, not just in attitude--especially when you stood on her side about the whole BB thing.

HimiInuOni - you are a failure of a barbarian. I would hate to see how much of a failure this level 98 cleric you supposedly have, is.

^ Then this should be irrelevant. His failure as a person should not be tied in to his job classes.

Thus the further misunderstanding, if that's what it is.

Then that's your interpretation, and your choice to assume it was meant like that. However, I have come along here and clarified that I was talking about her attitude. She was polite, she had a good sense of humour and she was talkative, we both got along well. I was never once discussing her ability as a cleric (although the fact she kept everybody alive is good enough skill for me), and only discussing her personality.

[Also, if you had read the original thread on these forums, all I said about her BB on Rankar was that I wasn't used to it, but hey it was working so why should I complain?
    That =/= OMFG THIS PERSON IS SO PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ]

And I suppose you are right, but remember, this was a rant. A rant from four months ago no less.

Don't you think this whole thing is irrelevant given that fact?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BTW Grav, I miss you too. ;~;

b:dirty

*ahem*
    And yes, getting apo is good, but most barb does not even need apo b:bye. That kinda says something right?

This. A lot of BMs, and some sins/archers I know can too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is a fail thread. No poll....I can't vote!!....b:cry
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.