is dq worth it ???

migalia
migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
well here is the thing. I'm poor and trying to get a bracers of blood moon and I'm not sure whether or not it's worth it to do the dq quest for the orders to get them. I can't even find a guide anymore that says which items it takes for dq71 to self judge if it's worth it myself.
Post edited by migalia on

Comments

• KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear
    KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Not worth it, sell DQ items to NPC.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wiki to the rescue!
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Dragon_Quests

And pwd lists all the DQ items here:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/itype/8077

Is dragon-quest worth it? All in all, even with the drop in price for DQ items, probably not.

There's a few, a VERY few items which can only be got that way, a few more which can be got other ways too...

But the good items need a LOT of dragon-quest runs, and the high runs too, to get gold and silver orders.

Saying all that - I am doing DQ currently - it's something to do, after all.

On to the specifics. Blood moon needs 25 copper and 25 silver.
    That's not impossible to attain - but you're looking at at least 50 DQ runs (more likely at least 70, you'll end up with the wrong number of one of the orders sure as eggs is eggs)

DQ71 items sell for 2,320, you need 20 per item stage, and there are four of those stages in a DQ run. That's 185,600 coin per order. Nearly 13m total for the mold. (And a bunch of time - though on the plus side you get XP for that time)

So - is that mold worth 13m to you? Can you buy the orders cheaper than grinding them out yourself? Will a lvl60 mold really last you all that long (-interval suggests that yes, yes it will)
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    well the 25 silver is all i was really itnerested in grinding, and roughtly 200k per run isn't much different then if i was to buy the silver orders in the first place other then buying them is a guraranteed silver when farming them is not. guess i'll just leave the grinding up to the drops for coin, and save up 2-4m for a really low blood moon if i get lucky enough to find one.

edit: it's guaranteed silver charm with chance for gold for similar price to a silver order. I'll do dq71 but none of the earlier ones. since i can buy bronze orders extremely cheap
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yes, it's worth doing for the bracers of blood moon. Don't let people who knows **** about the bracer tell you other wise. That LA bracer can be used from lvl 60-99 until you get your TT99 bracers. It actually has a bit more physical defense than the TT 99 LA bracer, easy and cost less to four socket it, and resell-able if you decide to get TT99.

Before the dq items worth got dwarfed, it cost about 5 mill worth of dq items to get it (doing the dq quest 71+ almost guarantees you a silver order each time - or a gold order which you can sell for more than the worth of the silver). Of course that 5 mil doesn't factor in the cost of teleport fee and time spent grinding for dq mats and doing the dq quests. So the mold it self is usually sold for 5-7 mil. Very well worth the price since you can use it for so many levels and with superb stats. I know many people has it, but decides to keep it for their alts, so it can be a rare find.

Believe me, you won't find a good LA bracer that can beat blood moon from level 60-99 (possible but not easy). Honestly, I prefer Blood Moon over TT99 because of the +4 dex, cheap to socket, and a bit higher physical defense points when I attack with fists at melee range. The only reason for the switch to TT99 is because of the attack speed interval of 0.05 from wearing two TT99 pieces and higher hp refines.
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    well i didn't know all the exact details on the bracers. but i plan on getting them for 3 of my chars so it'll be a pain (archer/bm/sin) all of which are in the lvl range to use them
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok what about this item: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13163

Magic ring with stats: Mag. Attk +85, Chan -6%, Vit +5~6, Mag +5~6.

50 Gold orders, 50 silver orders.

Is that worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I bought bracers 4 socketed w/ flawless citrines and +3 for 8m, for my assassin alt. I thought it was a good price, and they are AWESOME to have.
  • Grindcore - Raging Tide
    Grindcore - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok what about this item: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13163

Magic ring with stats: Mag. Attk +85, Chan -6%, Vit +5~6, Mag +5~6.

50 Gold orders, 50 silver orders.

Is that worth it?

Depends, do you have the time to farm that many DQ's for it? or do you have the coin to farm the ring?

I'd say it's moreso of if it is worth it to YOU. Because, in all honesty, who cares what others think.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Depends, do you have the time to farm that many DQ's for it? or do you have the coin to farm the ring?

I'd say it's moreso of if it is worth it to YOU. Because, in all honesty, who cares what others think.

What i'm really asking is. Are there other rings of equal or greater stats that would require less effort to obtain? Yea this ring looks awesome, And i want it, but if there's gonna be some better ring I could get in 5-10 levels or something, it would be pointless to waste my time farming for that long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That's a nice ring o.o
    Only better rings that come to mind is the gold lunar rings and the CoA rings. Bear in mind they're really, really expensive.

Oh, and the FF gold rings aren't bad either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Same math, easy enough. Except since you need gold orders you have to do 81 and 91.

81 is 2,680 * 4 * 20 = 214,400
    91 is 3,160 * 4 * 25 = 316,000

Fifty of each is... 26,520,000 - 26m

So.. that's a LOT of coin. But it's a DAMN good ring. Another of those "Very few unique items" - and was the one I was kinda going for.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What i'm really asking is. Are there other rings of equal or greater stats that would require less effort to obtain? Yea this ring looks awesome, And i want it, but if there's gonna be some better ring I could get in 5-10 levels or something, it would be pointless to waste my time farming for that long.

Anything needing gold orders isn't worth it imo. Keep in mind that even at lvl 91, you only have a 30% chance of getting 1 so at 300k a try or whatever, it costs way more than it should. The gold frost ring has similar stats to that DQ ring if you're after channeling and while expensive, it won't cost nearly as much as it would take to do DQ for gold orders.

The only DQ item worth getting imo are the -int bracers. Copper orders are cheap to buy and silver orders can be gotten with relative certainty. Personally I got lucky and found someone selling so I bought mine to save time but it can be farmed if you have the patience.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Anything needing gold orders isn't worth it imo. Keep in mind that even at lvl 91, you only have a 30% chance of getting 1 so at 300k a try or whatever, it costs way more than it should. The gold frost ring has similar stats to that DQ ring if you're after channeling and while expensive, it won't cost nearly as much as it would take to do DQ for gold orders.

The only DQ item worth getting imo are the -int bracers. Copper orders are cheap to buy and silver orders can be gotten with relative certainty. Personally I got lucky and found someone selling so I bought mine to save time but it can be farmed if you have the patience.

As of right now I have 8 copper and 2 silver lol. I have refrained from spending too much time on them until I find out if i REALLY want to go for that ring.

And thanks for the links. I'll think about what i'm gonna do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    migalia wrote: »
    well here is the thing. I'm poor and trying to get a bracers of blood moon and I'm not sure whether or not it's worth it to do the dq quest for the orders to get them. I can't even find a guide anymore that says which items it takes for dq71 to self judge if it's worth it myself.

It's worth it.

DQ71 is good to do for Silver Orders, since no matter what, you will not incur a loss. DQ41 - DQ61 is more likely to incur major loss for Copper Orders with too low a chance for Silver Orders. Copper Orders would probably be better done with either DQ21 or bought straight off.

If you do DQ71, and either buy copper orders/do DQ21, it'd cost you 5mil+ worth of DQ drops (all farmed) to get the mold.

The only question is time, effort and patience.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Then again I am a collector of sorts.

Sure it takes time but that's a currency I have plenty off.
    Do I level much of late? Hell no lolz. But to me it's a trade off of sorts I am willing to pay.

Up till now I grinded out the Copper and Silver coins for 2 "Mold: Robes of Blood Might", 1 "Mold: Bones of the Dead" and a 1 "Mold: Fine Pataka of Bodhi".

So depending on what you want it might be good or bad.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.