What shards should a Vit-Arcane Veno use?

Options
Xetheras - Harshlands
Xetheras - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
I do apologize if this is a repeat thread. I tried using the search feature to search for a thread similar to my question but to no luck. So, I would like to ask other venos with similar builds or well.. just all around advice! To start things off, I am a 74 vit-arcane Veno. I know my gear isn't up to date (Got mixes from different levels due to - channeling %). When I hit 77, I plan on getting gear that's either right on the spot or just lacking a few levels. So I was wondering.. What would be a good level to start sharding? Some say around 70 or so but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before wasting any coins.

Here's the main part of the question: Should I use Garnet or Citrine shards when I do go to shard? I remember either being told, reading, or maybe both, that Garnet shards would be best. My hp as of now is around 3018 with no buffs (Gear has +hp and I have.. I think the Retribution's Flame or whatever the vit/mag level one tome is) and without it, it's around 2k with no buffs. Perhaps a mixture of the two would work? I just need some advice b:laugh.

If you also have any recommendation for gear (I understand that it would be personal preference, but I'm open for ideas), please let me know! Thanks in advance~
Post edited by Xetheras - Harshlands on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well I wouldn't bother with TT gear untill TT90 :o so 3 starts and legendary stuff will be oke :)
    I'dd really recommend sleeves of the sea captain though ^^

for a vit/mag build garnets will work like a charm. You might wanna take in consideration though that gear will sell easier later with citrines in it :)

Also at higher lvl the vit might get in your way (I'm lvl 83 now with about 75 vit statted and have 101vit with gear)
    The vit I statted in is getting in my way as in that I like to dish out some damage and the pet heal will be less.
    I don't know if it'll get in your way or not. But you might wanna consider that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    use garnets.dont worry about healing pet,my vit with gear is like 158 with gear,without would be 100.
    i keep my vit same as my lvl since i start this veno and didnt have issues with healing pet with my +4 weapons lol.use mold sleeves (lvl 77) and leggings (lvl 70) till 90,no need for tt gear b4.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i keep my vit same as my lvl since i start this veno and didnt have issues with healing pet with my +4 weapons lol.

Then you haven't pushed your limits.

If you're wasting stats on vit, I wouldn't bother wasting coin on shards, especially pre 90. You lose coin on resale no matter what shard you use and that coin is better saved for restating.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    true i didnt,but pve is only one part of game in this server,theres also pvp and tw's.
    i knew i wont cs,so this seemed like best build for me considering the low refines.my gear is still +3 and +4,would be higher probably if i keep playing,but i didnt log in game for months,only forum.
    i lose money either ways,cuz i bind new piece of equipment soon as i get it. b:chuckle
    but yeah,dont spend alot of money on shards,u can use some lower grade ones for now.
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Basically what tweaks said. Just focus on leveling to 90 and getting your TT90 gear. Save up as much coin as you can. Sell all shards less than flawless.

Start doing TT 2-3 and 3-1 runs in your 80's to get the needed mats for your TT90 gear. Buy the mats if you find them for cheap. Craft your gear before you hit 90. If it's got less than 3 sockets, sell it and recraft it (socket stones are expensive at that level gear).

As a Vit build you are lacking magic (offense and a bit of magic defense as well). You make up for it with survivability, you can usually take an extra hit because of your extra vitality padding. Your physical defense is not much better than a full magic build. If I were you, I'd shard the best garnets I could afford, refine up to +4 with mirages then to +5 with a dragon orb, wear the best channeling gear I could get my hands on, and use a weapon that only has attack bonuses (like +15 magic, -6% channel, +142 max damage).

Good luck b:pleasedb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The only TT gear I have is my TT70 weapon if that counts xD. I was planning on getting Sleeves of Sea Captain. I had kinda planned out the rest of my gear so to speak until i d get to higher levels (Or to 90 as you all suggested). Here;s what I got so far.

Helmet - Cap of the Soothsayer Note - couldn't find anything else that was to my liking. Any suggestions?
    Top - Steppenwolf Lord's Cape
    Leggings - Dark Pants of Hades
    Foot - Genesis boots (two star) - same as the helmet issue

Necklace - Equine Talisman - perhaps the same as the helmet.
    cape - Hermit's Cape - same as the helmet (two hp +50)
    wristguard - Sleeves of Sea Captain
    Belt - Pirate King's Seal
    rings - 2x Demon's Heart Ring - same as helmet. both this and Pirate's King Seal just struck my fancy.

I've already got the mold for the sleeves. So, what do you think? Decent or needs more work? I'm loving all the advice. Thank you all <3

EDIT: Since someone said something about vit, when would be a good place to cap vit at? i believe without my current gear on, it's around 80. With it on, it's 98.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's quite a lot of vit. Of course, hitpoints are good. I stopped at around 50.

Your equipment...

You have chosen an mdef belt. Why? +5 magic is ok, but you'll get better bonuses on any and everything.
    I'd suggest a pdef belt for normal play, and try to find a -channel belt for when you need that.

The same logic applies to the necklace, but that necklace has a decent amount of pdef on it (1% counts for roughly 40 pdef) so that's not a bad necklace. Might go find one of those myself.

Hat - yeah, whatever hat you can find with decent bonuses (again - pdef uber alles, hp is good too.)
    The TT drummers hat isn't bad - but is a pita to get hold of.

Shirt - I'd say find a Genesis Vestemet with decent bonuses. Or use the rank gear - miragemaster ( http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12672 ) has 25 less pdef, but channel, +magic and a few hp.

Pants of hades are a solid choice.

Capes... again yeah, pick whatever has the best bonuses. Although the Cape of Tauran Chieftain isn't bad - a bit of regen is nice. Not exactly a must-have though.

Demon ring is a solid +matk. another choice there is the attendance ring - though +crit is often a very very bad thing to have.
    Also keep your eye open for -channel rings. Those are lubberly.

Edit:
    Shards.
    Garnets and citrines. Mainly garnets, citrines really only if you don't have any HP at all - there's a few bosses that will just ignore your defences and hurt you, and you'll need HP to survive that.
    The advice I was given was around 3k HP. There's a really good thread on what the breakeven point betwene HP and defence is here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5851002
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was just looking around at all kind of gear, I suppose and forgot to look into the protection belts. I'll do some more research with the added information.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was just looking around at all kind of gear, I suppose and forgot to look into the protection belts. I'll do some more research with the added information.

For belts, I chose a normal 3* purple belt with the best physical def I could find. I also have a channeling belt stashed in my inventory so I can use it whenever I need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute