Flight speed

Options
Voltori - Heavens Tear
Voltori - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
i just want to make sure the only to to move faster with flying is accelerate on your wing or the 1 genie skill on the white genie. speed skills like the archer buff or + movement speed gear or like holy path do not effect flight speed. is this correct .b:surrender
Post edited by Voltori - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that's right...

Yes it's right. Otherwise we'd see Barbarians in True Form zooming around like jets.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i just want to make sure the only to to move faster with flying is accelerate on your wing or the 1 genie skill on the white genie. speed skills like the archer buff or + movement speed gear or like holy path do not effect flight speed. is this correct .b:surrender

That is correct... mage distance shrink works though. BM leap forward/backward does, but you can't use those skill while flying forward... you need to stop to use the skill which kinda defeats the purpose, imo..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    also, the psychic's lvl 79 skill boost flying speed
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voltori - Heavens Tear
    Voltori - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so it true that summer spirit and barb true forms has no effect on flight speed? and the only things that do is accelerate the 1 starter genie skill of the white one and the 1 psychic skill, and for elves flight mystery but thats only for there basic wings?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    For flight speed itself there's

1: Flight Mastery (Only applies to natural elven wings)
    2: Accelerate
    3: Wind Force (Discipline starting skill)
    4: Essential Sutra (Psychic 79 skill that really should be a winged elf thing but whatever stupid fish)

For just plain movement there's

1: Distance Shrink
    2: Tiger Leap/Leap Back
    3: Shadow Jump
    4: Shadow Teleport

Aside from those, no skills increase or decrease flight speed and there aren't any other ways to instantly jump around in the air. That being said, it's worth noting that your fall speed is equal to your running speed. So you can actually cover some good distance when falling if you choose to do so.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so it true that summer spirit and barb true forms has no effect on flight speed? and the only things that do is accelerate the 1 starter genie skill of the white one and the 1 psychic skill, and for elves flight mystery but thats only for there basic wings?
    Yep. Nothin but skills that say it's specifically for flight speed will do anything. Like I said we don't see barbs zooming around like jets do we.
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Also forgot to add that all classes have the same default flight speed of 5.0, so class differences (default speed of 4.8 vs 5.2, for instance) or gear that adds +speed will not have any effect on flight speed.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    To be precise the aerogear you get for "free" at level 30 gives a +0.5 boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    To be precise the aerogear you get for "free" at level 30 gives a +0.5 boost.

Not sure I get how you meant that. I'm assuming you mean that the free aeros add +0.5 to the 5.0 base flight speed (So you'd be flying at 5.5) and not that it adds 0.5 to your classes base run seed to give you a flight speed (IE: clerics with eagle wings fly at 5.3 but archers would do 5.7).

If it's the former, apologies in advance since I just wanted that clarified.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's the former.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric