My theory on how to *Aoe Grind with Barbarian*

ArchSaber - Sanctuary
ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
Barbarians are not that great at Aoe grinding due to only 1 strong Aoe, but i can change the way people think. I am not 100% sure this could work, since i have never tried it before and i for one am not a barbarian. But i saw it in my dreams when i was sleeping last night and it looked like it worked. b:laugh

Requirements:
-Level 99
-Cultivation: Demon
-High HP
-Axe with Sacrificial Strike(optional but recommended)
-Tree of Protection
-Demon Sunder
-Demon Armageddon
-Demon Beastial Rage
-Demon True Form

Instructions:
1. Go to Old Valley of the Scarred (3rd OHT Map)
2. Buff up
3. Go in True Form
4. Gather as many mobs as you can.
5. Once you have gathered at least 20 mobs, use Beastial Rage.
6. Right after you use Beastial Rage, Use your Demon Sunder.
7. After Sunder is done, quickly go back into Normal Form and fire Armageddon away.
8. To save yourself from dieing, go into True Form and go pop Tree of Protection.

Q: How do you do Armageddon when you used your sparks on sunder?
A: Using Beastial Rage with 20+ mobs hitting you, you will build chi faster then an Assassin or 5 attacks per second.

Q: What is the point of Sunder?
A: Demon Sunder transforms all attacks into a Critical hit for 5 seconds. High HP with 20% chance to cause double damage with a Critical hit followed by Demon Armageddon that adds an extra 10% damage shall 1-shot those monsters near the OVS entrance.

Q: What is the point of Demon True Form?
A: Demon True Form doesn't reduce damage.

Q: What if Armageddon doesn't one-shot it?
A: Throw in a Slam.

I know this probably does not work, but i am just sharing my thoughts. So don't call me anything bad.

Peace.
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on
AP classes are a real butt pounding...

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pretty much what I do in Scarred.

and I'm Sage. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i kill them all with Sunder>Surf Impact>Beastial Onlslaught>Slam , so don't really need to use Armageddon
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You can aoe grind in 3rd map and only need your own buffs and a few mana pots. It usually only takes a demon spark, surf impact, sunder (by this time, most of the mobs are dead), swell, and slam to kill the remaining mobs. After that you'll have enough sparks to continue without needing to rest. I have rage activated so I have at least 2 sparks after everything's killed. Sunder gives pretty much a full HP bar after the mobs are dead. There is no down time so you can go without any need to recoup hp or to gain sparks. You may need a good weapon to kill majority of them with 2-3 aoes after triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Templar already made a video of this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/zrhtemplar#p/a/u/0/EVm3WFzeUG8

EDIT: He's a sage barb and doesn't use sunder. So it's definitely possible by a demon arma as well.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    its only good to use Armageddon if you have no charm, you can avoid it tho with ToP
  • Usamaki - Archosaur
    Usamaki - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Does this really work o.o
    Feeling dizzy?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1. Requires Phy attack mobs with no range skills/attacks

2. Requires always 3 Sparks to cast the skills

The order to cast the skills is easy.

Sunder - Firestorm - Slam (running) - Swell - Slam (running) and so on

The problem is the short aggro time of the mobs. Spots full with masses of mobs are pretty rarely.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    those mobs shouldnt hurt a Barb much, even 30 of them :d

they dont even hurt me much lol
    i like potato
  • vampywar
    vampywar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i like the idea of Armageddon AoE
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I pull mobs in with Roar/frighten -> bestial rage -> sunder -> surf impact -> standup -> swell -> slam -> bestial onslaught -> few normals -> repeat from swell.

get enough chi built back up and use whatever double spark skill you want whether it be armageddon (I don't use it - mines still only level 1) sunder again, or double spark your swell/slam combo.

I don't use zerk axes either :p
    oh yeah.. tangling mire on a STR build genie works nice to make aoe fighting faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Aoe grinding in Valley I absolutely see no reason to use slam, it only spreads all the mobs.

You'll have better success with Firestorm/Swell.

Gather all mobs, using Roar/Frighten, Beastial Rage, Demon spark, Tangling Mire, Sunder, Surf Impact.

If mobs aint dead by then, go human form and Firestorm/Swell.

Barb's gather alot of chi inthere so easy, remember you can get chi while gathering mobs also.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You shouldn't worry about death here, i believe the max they hit on me is like 60s....what's fun to do is use Tree of Protection and then armageddon....it hits them really hard :) or you can use Holy Path while pulling them.....also if you go farther down this valley you can pull nearly 200 magical and range mobs....these are fun when you have a veno with you b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    sorry OP, but barbs can AOE starting at 39, maybe not as much, but it can be done (I started with like 5-6)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    its only good to use Armageddon if you have no charm, you can avoid it tho with ToP

i use Armageddon without a harm all the time i've been aoe grinding since lvl 60. team up with a cleirc and your definitly set, but if you wanna do it solo hers a great way to ensure everythign dies.

gather mobs, stop.

Sage/demonspark,

tangling mire,

sunder,

(dont forget to have bestial rage going as stop/after you sage spark,

standing form,swell

tree of protection, wait till your hp is fully filled and Armageddon, if they aren't all dead slam, then finish off whatever is left, most likely a increased life will be there with bestial onslaught as its away from you.

there are def other combination for these skills that may or may not be better, and depending on your chi gain/mob placement which skills are going to be better all depends on these things gotta think on the fly, not jsut one way to do it, but i believe that barbs are just as good at aoe grinding then bms if not better >:D
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    You could get you some gear to max out your HP and then have fun with Tangling mire + Armageddon or Tree of Protection and Armageddon

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lets face it the melee mobs in third map are a joke, i kill with one sunder XD.

however the ranged ones are a bit trickier to grind, i do them sometimes for card boss drops.

I get about 60 of the little suckers, often flying back with invoke or solid sehild to keep htem from reseeting.

So i have 60 of them behind me, i will invoke, do a circle movement bunching them up at least enough for my aoes.

Then i'll run over there and sunder > armagedden and that takes care of all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Aoe grinding in Valley I absolutely see no reason to use slam, it only spreads all the mobs.

You'll have better success with Firestorm/Swell.

Gather all mobs, using Roar/Frighten, Beastial Rage, Demon spark, Tangling Mire, Sunder, Surf Impact.

If mobs aint dead by then, go human form and Firestorm/Swell.

Barb's gather alot of chi inthere so easy, remember you can get chi while gathering mobs also.

slam is a great aoe if not our best besides Armageddon/sunder you want to spread out melee mobs that will give you a few seconds to regen some hp its great after a sunder or a Armageddon, not to mention does awesome damage at lvl 10, great to knock back then use bestial onslaught on your increases life mob if you got one to throw in some extra damage, and reduce evasion of all the mobs around it to make your next aoe group better, also helps cool downs catch up.
    You could get you some gear to max out your HP and then have fun with Tangling mire + Armageddon or Tree of Protection and Armageddon

or tangling mire+ ToP wich is what i do =)just need at least 150 energy on your genie =D
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    To get to these guys you have to go through the bh dish so don't be afraid to ask other classes for buffs either. My favorite buffs for entering are clerics defense buff and sins blood paint.