4aps axe barb,it's possible?

thornymushroom
thornymushroom Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
There is a barb build that reach 4aps with pole axes/pole hammers/dual axes/dual hammers with demon spark?
If yes,someone can post the item list and maybe the stats needed?

I want something like a perma spark claw barb,but in tiger form b:angry

1)Axe damage is higher than claws(and you can use Axe and Hammer mastery)
4aps axe = 5 aps claws...
2)Demon True Form=100% atk with 60% more physical def,50% more speed and 30% more hp.You can use tiger skills, like Devour,Frighten,Sunder and Invoke the Spiritb:dirty
3)Demon Poison Fang=+50% wood damage instead of +40%
4)Demon Beast King Ispiration=50% more chi for perma spark!!!
5)Demon Blood Bath=300% accuracy(if needed)

A tanker with tons of hp,scary debuffs and a deadly melee attack...It's too much,isn't it?b:cry

I just wanna know if it's theoretically possible with lvl100 uber $$$ gear.

Thanks in advance b:pleased
Post edited by thornymushroom on

Comments

• Rated_X - Sanctuary
    Rated_X - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That would be flippin' insane b:dirty
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Meh, I think it`s possible to get 1,3 aps unsparked, demon spark and it`s 1,79 aps. That with polehammer, so I dun think it`s possible.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • thornymushroom
    edited July 2010
    This set don't work?

Love Up and Down Tome or PanGu Tome -.05
    Lunarglade Robe -.05
    Most Bracers -.05 or TT90 or TT99 Gold Bracers -.1
    Nirvana Leggings -.05
    Rank 4,6,7 Armor -.05 or Rank 8 Armor -.1
    Two items from TT99 Gold Heavy -.05
    Two items from TT99 Gold Light -.05

+

Dragon's Vibrancy
    Dual Hammers
    Grade Rank 12
    Attack Frequency(Times/second) 0.91
    Physical Attack 846-1269
    Requisite Lv. 97
    Requisite Strength 297
    Requisite Agility 48
    Interval Between attack -0.1
    Accuracy +198
    Dexterity +13

+

Demon Spark -25%

3str - 1dex - 1vit each level

Maybe is also possible to use more - int HA pieces(with this a lot of dex is needed=less vit),but True form still cover for the physical defence/hp loss of the build and you also gain more magic defence.

The goal is to mantain 4aps sparked(perma 4aps spark thanks to Demon Beast's King Inspiration +50% chi gain)...no more
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Rank armor for barbs is HA which means no int bonus. Otherwise it might work. I suggest you test it in PWcalc.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • thornymushroom
    edited July 2010
    Mmmmh...ok,it's impossible b:cry

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8005e06e090db3cf

With this a barb can only reach 2aps with Demon spark...A BM with claws would have 6.67aps,more than the max cap without using triple spark.

Sad conclusion:
    After lvl 90 is better to let claws BM tank,they can keep aggro better for sure XD

We can only hope in a new patch b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Mmmmh...ok,it's impossible b:cry

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8005e06e090db3cf

With this a barb can only reach 2aps with Demon spark...A BM with claws would have 6.67aps,more than the max cap without using triple spark.

Sad conclusion:
    After lvl 90 is better to let claws BM tank,they can keep aggro better for sure XD

We can only hope in a new patch b:surrender

Just restat and use claws yourself. You wouldn't be the first one to do that.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • thornymushroom
    edited July 2010
    Claws aren't meant for Barbs.We have more damage output than a BM with them and still more hp,but with a lot less physical defence and we can't use skills.

Barb role is tanking,not to be a squishy DD.

I hope that developers will add the speed bonus in tiger form also at the attach rate...with +50% attack speed stackable with Demon Spark we can reach 3-4aps,that's quite good at least.
  • SinDK - Heavens Tear
    SinDK - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    4)Demon Beast King Ispiration=50% more chi for perma spark!!!

This just made me laugh.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Claws aren't meant for Barbs.We have more damage output than a BM with them and still more hp,but with a lot less physical defence and we can't use skills.

I hope that developers will add the speed bonus in tiger form also at the attach rate...with +50% attack speed stackable with Demon Spark we can reach 3-4aps,that's quite good at least.

lol if the developers really do that then there will be factions containing only clerics and barbs b:laugh no need for DDs anymore.. a perma spark with axes >/= perma spark with claws, a stun ability, p def debuff, slowing down skills, crit increase ability, accuracy more than archers, decreasing 90% of the dmg which can optionally be kept permanently, highest pdef, highest HP, wood dmg, AND the biggest p.atk aoe in the game... give me one good reason why you'll need any other classes except clerics b:chuckle
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Demon HP Buff doesnt let you gain 50% more chi per hit. You gain 50% more chi only when you use it. And after 2 times using your MP is close to zero.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I am thinking of restatting to claws when I got decent gear. Cause meh, I think I need my armor +5-6 and I can do everything I need, prolly even easier than now. As far as I know, we got no need ubt PK/TW for that 30k+ hp, even 20k+ is enough for PvE, easily. For the stuff we lack hp, with claws farming coins is so much easier that we can refine higher & not lack hp. When I restat to claws, I am taking ~140 points from vit to dex, I`ll be losing ~2,4k hp unbuffed, with hp buff that is 3,1k and in tiggy 3,8k. Imo it`s not that much when you think about it, makes it possible for me to tank again, which kinda is why I made barb. I could reroll as BM but meh, I just love my barb and I rather see if that can work. So in the end, when we`re talking about the gear that will give those normal GX wielding barbs 30k hp, I`ll be at 26k, difference isn`t too big in my eyes. I just rather do more than just buff the BM that tanks =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Indeed. If claws will give me back my role as the "main character" in the squad, I'll do it too.

Don't want them BM's stealing my spotlight. >.>
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    A barb in tiger form with claws, is the best thing for tanking TT, dmg of a bm and more defense and hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    A barb in tiger form with claws, is the best thing for tanking TT, dmg of a bm and more defense and hp.

just too bad we can't use fists in tiger form >.<
    with that aps there'd be no need to even have a veno shoot spark anymore.

I'm personally of the opinion though that they need to rework the aggro threshold on Flesh Ream. I mean they obviously designed the Barbarian class to be the tank class when they made that skill, roar, and untamed wrath. however - and especially with the new powerhouse DD classes - I can spam FR at each cool down and even throw in a devour whenever my chi is built up high enough for it, but I'll loose aggro quick to those DD's that do nothing but build their toon with highest DPS in mind, and ignore defenses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Claws are awesome, there's a way to use claws in true form but you need to be a member of the secret club to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if it has anything to do with altering game files or otherwise doing something that could result in having my account banned or deleted, count me out. I'll stick to playing the game cheat free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This set don't work?

Love Up and Down Tome or PanGu Tome -.05
    Lunarglade Robe -.05
    Most Bracers -.05 or TT90 or TT99 Gold Bracers -.1
    Nirvana Leggings -.05
    Rank 4,6,7 Armor -.05 or Rank 8 Armor -.1
    Two items from TT99 Gold Heavy -.05
    Two items from TT99 Gold Light -.05

+

Dragon's Vibrancy
    Dual Hammers
    Grade Rank 12
    Attack Frequency(Times/second) 0.91
    Physical Attack 846-1269
    Requisite Lv. 97
    Requisite Strength 297
    Requisite Agility 48
    Interval Between attack -0.1
    Accuracy +198
    Dexterity +13

+

Demon Spark -25%

3str - 1dex - 1vit each level

Maybe is also possible to use more - int HA pieces(with this a lot of dex is needed=less vit),but True form still cover for the physical defence/hp loss of the build and you also gain more magic defence.

The goal is to mantain 4aps sparked(perma 4aps spark thanks to Demon Beast's King Inspiration +50% chi gain)...no more
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561

.... you DO know that LA rank gear is only or sins and archers right? Barb has HA rank gear, which doesn't have -int to it. So you can take -0.1int off that list
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pretty sure around 1.78 hits/second is the highest with axes.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Claws are awesome, there's a way to use claws in true form but you need to be a member of the secret club to join.

yeah a club so secret it will banned when GM's find out, watched a barb get caught the other day and was given a warning, if they get caught again ban hammer time =)
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Dragon Vibrancy normal attack rate is .81 before the -.10 interval so they are still .91 interval, not 1.01 interval. The axe you'd want would be a Gold Dijin axe with two negative interval stats, either dropped from last card boss or crafted with pure luck.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.