What is the max amount of dex a barb should have?

helpicantfindthespacebar
helpicantfindthespacebar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
I was reading where it said I shoould go past 30 or 50 dex. Someone told me ingame that if I did I would become fail. I'm aiming for pvp/tank build(which means I will need dex but also want to become good tank) So how far should i go with my dex? I'm following the wep req then putting rest in vit from this website here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=12
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life without sunlight is like, well, night
Post edited by helpicantfindthespacebar on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    With all the -int people running around, in Fuzzy's opinion, its all fair game at this point to play with any build.

The pure tank build? Sure, you can tank it all till... 70-80ish? Then the int people are going to be relied on as tanks and not a barb. To continue a pure vit build beyond level 70ish is waste of time these dayz.

A pure str build? Sure, one you get to end game you can probably dd all you want for squads made up of the other end game players on your friends list, but if you stat for this all the way, your friends list is gonna be pretty small since you will be a **** tank from level 1 till 70ish..

A pure dex build? Sorta all around total fail... unless you wait until end game, gets some claws, restat to this and ALSO have a ton of $ for vit shards, jade of def shards and pure even gear refined to probably a minimum of 8.

A pure magic build? Could be fun... but lets be honest...

Fuzzy just gonna say.. a basic tank build works till around level 70ish... but after that? Why rely on what others say? You need to get a mix of all stats (magic aside) so that when you need to tank a Nirvana or an Abaddon... no problem, you can. Or, when you need to pk, you can hit as hard as the rest.. or when you are just along for the ride in an instance you can comfortably hold your own and take up the tanking spot in an emergency.

The idea of capping any one stat at end game these days is useless. You are more than likely not going to tank every instance you run but you will need to be able to do it when it calls...

There is still freedom to play with the builds and gear.

Don't get locked into the midset so many are stuck in that a barb can only be built one way.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I went for 54 base (nirvana requirement) + w/e my items give me on top. I'd def say make sure you get 60 with base + items for the extra crit the rest is up to you. If you have very good gear then it's possible to push that up higher to almost 80 just for accuracy and what not.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Usamaki - Archosaur
    Usamaki - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wow thanks guys for fast reply! b:pleased I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!*someday*
    Feeling dizzy?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i have 100 dex base, but therefor no dex on gear.
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    Shiilune - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    With all the -int people running around, in Fuzzy's opinion, its all fair game at this point to play with any build.

The pure tank build? Sure, you can tank it all till... 70-80ish? Then the int people are going to be relied on as tanks and not a barb. To continue a pure vit build beyond level 70ish is waste of time these dayz.

A pure str build? Sure, one you get to end game you can probably dd all you want for squads made up of the other end game players on your friends list, but if you stat for this all the way, your friends list is gonna be pretty small since you will be a **** tank from level 1 till 70ish..

A pure dex build? Sorta all around total fail... unless you wait until end game, gets some claws, restat to this and ALSO have a ton of $ for vit shards, jade of def shards and pure even gear refined to probably a minimum of 8.

A pure magic build? Could be fun... but lets be honest...

Fuzzy just gonna say.. a basic tank build works till around level 70ish... but after that? Why rely on what others say? You need to get a mix of all stats (magic aside) so that when you need to tank a Nirvana or an Abaddon... no problem, you can. Or, when you need to pk, you can hit as hard as the rest.. or when you are just along for the ride in an instance you can comfortably hold your own and take up the tanking spot in an emergency.

The idea of capping any one stat at end game these days is useless. You are more than likely not going to tank every instance you run but you will need to be able to do it when it calls...

There is still freedom to play with the builds and gear.

Don't get locked into the midset so many are stuck in that a barb can only be built one way.

b:victory
    This post is full of win. b:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    193, minimum for lunar claws b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Im aiming for 100 dex once I get my TT99 boots done.

Afterwards, if claws are still around....193 dex....<___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Domenic - Dreamweaver
    Domenic - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have a base dex of 60 and 67 dex with adds. Im a pure tank build for the most part and i love it. There are alot of -interval players out there and when i run instances with them i usually let them tank it. If u plan to pk alot tank build is a good build to go you'll have great hp and do good damage. I have seeen alot of barbs switch up builds such as dex barbs whitch i think is totally fail unless your planning to go claw and have the interval already because that lack of Hp is going to kill you. But in the end its up to you the most dex i would ever thinking of putting on my barb would be 80 just so i'd have a little more accuracy with bloodbath on.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've got around 60 or 62 base dex. I don't see myself adding any more unless I decide to re-stat for claws, and it will take a great deal of convincing me to do that.

I agree with Fuzzy...don't get stuck on any 'pure this" or "pure that" build. Keep minimums for equipment as you level through your 70's, 80's and 90's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I went 62 dex because a) one of the guides said this was endgame, b) I wanted the extra crit (60) and c) the lvl 20 stashbox bow takes 62 dex, and I used it to pull with before the genies came out. (still handy in occasional frost runs)

I have no plans to ever go fist/claw, and threw every point that wasnt required for armor (str) to vit. Gotta make up for the Demon penalty.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I used to think I was weird for having between 130-150 dex (pending gear & wep), but I guess not all that unusual these days. For myself, I'd say cap at 200 dex - the extra 7 points above Decide req. will earn you another % crit.

Aside from that, Fuzzy's got the right of it. -Interval threw the standard tank build out the window by 80+.
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if you don't have the money to go all out and do interval/claws go for around 100 dex if you want a good pk build and you have money to make up for the lost hp sage barb her i had 100 dex with equips, i recently restated i have 80 now and i keep my 15% crit as a sage barb so i'm pretty set and now i have slightly more hp as well i hit like a truck with tt99 gold axes if i refine them more ill be set for sure right now only +4 but i'm pretty good in pvp hard to survive now with all these wizards with +10 and over weapons, which is why i re-stat a a bit at least until i can get tt99 gear and refine more then +5/ get some vit shards b:dirty
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Really??? 200 dex??? So basicly you are saying NO to roughly 1700 hp (not including hp buff and bonuses)

You are a barb, act like one. If you wear decide that doesn't mean you can tank better, bm's and sins will allways steal agro from you. Mainly because of the fist mastery and, well, sins are natural born DD.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Really??? 200 dex??? So basicly you are saying NO to roughly 1700 hp (not including hp buff and bonuses)

You are a barb, act like one. If you wear decide that doesn't mean you can tank better, bm's and sins will allways steal agro from you. Mainly because of the fist mastery and, well, sins are natural born DD.

say that to Endless_life XD
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Most of the barbs that go fists have high refines and vit stones in their armor which give them around 21k+ HP. A mere 1.7k hp is nothing compared to a 5 aps beast with 18k HP in humanoid form and 20k+ in tiger form.

I beg to differ on the BMs stealing aggro part. Even though they do have fist mastery, we can throw in equal amount of damage + we've a skill that "builds" aggro / resets it. And as for the sins... sure, an LA sin stealing aggro from an HA barb and getting 2 shotted by the boss, I'ld say he asked for it b:chuckle
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010

i think its more for pvp then tanking bosses, barbs can switch back and forth from claws and axes and can still use penetrate, flesh ream, devour, to help hold aggro there isn't just one way to play, it is a game so people should be able to play however they want.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Currently, I am capped at 100 Dex. My HP is 14.9K in Human form and 19.2K in Tiger form with Sage HP Buff.

Any more dex after that is not worth it using unless you go claw barb, which I probably will eventually.....

2.6K accuracy with Sage Bloodbath....which I guess is good. Either way, I love not missing with my axes in TW anymore. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I can out DD BMs and Sins with the same attack speed as me.

1700 HP sounds like a lot but when you have 10k hp base then that 1700 isn't going to make a huge difference. The extra dex is extremely useful in PvP. I can get kills a lot easier now with my increased crit rate, I don't need to use mistys so I can equip other rings for more attack and crit rate. I don't need to use bloodbath so that gives me an extra 15% hp there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."