guys: stop acting desperate

Alenta - Lost City
Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
My main character is a female and I'm also a female in real life. A trend I notice among male players is they are nice to me, but only because they have the intention of becoming my in-game bf or cyber sex partner o.O

I'm not interested in that kind of connection because not only do I have a rl bf, but wanting to be my bf when they don't even know me screams desperation. I let this one guy carry me for chi, we get along and end up being friends, then 5 minutes later he's already calling be "baby". like wtf. Do these guys not realize how silly this makes them look? They're still nice guys and in a way, I kinda feel bad for them. I don't lead them on either. I hate it when they begin to treat me differently when I tell them I have a rl bf. Like I lost a friend because of my rl dating status. Get real guys.

/rant
Post edited by Alenta - Lost City on

Comments

• Yamiko - Dreamweaver
    Yamiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    May the Blacklist be blessed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They are lost souls.
    Send them flying is there is no other way but in a polite manner, of course.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    guys: stop acting desperate = guys say stop acting desperate. U.N.: Warheads dealings out of control = U.N. says warheads dealings are out of control. When you list a party before a colon in a subject, it means they are saying something.

Couldn't help myself in calling that out. Sorry!

Anyway, yes guys in online games are probably desiring a girlfriend in one way or another. That's what you get for being a girl in an MMORPG. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but facts are the facts and I'm sure this will never go away.

Guys like women and we have a natural drive to find a mating partner whenever and where ever we think we see an opportunity. The smart guys can control these stupid urges, and most guys are too stupid to control themselves from the actions you mentioned.

Everything comes with a consequence, including playing online games as a female. You can go play baseball instead, and I'm sure you'll have annoying aspects there as well.

Pros and cons. Choose which ones you want to deal with, but don't think you can escape them.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Cool story bro.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Cool story sister.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    QQMORE, introduce yourself as Robert if you get bothered.

Your right stuff like this never happens irl, or maybe you are ugly or unapproachable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This happens in real life too unless you are completely oblivious. Have you been to a bar or club?
  • Nertiti - Sanctuary
    Nertiti - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    And pardon me for stating the obvious.. women are just as bad as the guys in these games. I have seen countless females calling in wc.. LF Male to Marry, must be willing to buy both packs<--can you say gold digger? Even in game they exist.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Its kind of amusing in my opinion :) I dealt with it a lot as a lowbie, not so much anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Do what someone said in the other thread. Milk those desperadoes for everything they have and then , dump them.

On an unrelated subject, I think theres a veno who have married like 4 times in my server.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alenta - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    QQMORE, introduce yourself as Robert if you get bothered.

Your right stuff like this never happens irl, or maybe you are ugly or unapproachable.

Of course stuff like this happens in real life, nearly everywhere. Excuse me for thinking that guys/girls play this game for fun as opposed to using it as some dating service. It appears to be more of the latter sometimes.
  • Alenta - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Cool story bro.

your're cool

/sarcasm
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Do what someone said in the other thread. Milk those desperadoes for everything they have and then , dump them.

On an unrelated subject, I think theres a veno who have married like 4 times in my server.

I'm sure there are a few people who have married more than that b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuzzly - Lost City
    Nuzzly - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My main character is a female and I'm also a female in real life. A trend I notice among male players is they are nice to me, but only because they have the intention of becoming my in-game bf or cyber sex partner o.O

I'm not interested in that kind of connection because not only do I have a rl bf, but wanting to be my bf when they don't even know me screams desperation. I let this one guy carry me for chi, we get along and end up being friends, then 5 minutes later he's already calling be "baby". like wtf. Do these guys not realize how silly this makes them look? They're still nice guys and in a way, I kinda feel bad for them. I don't lead them on either. I hate it when they begin to treat me differently when I tell them I have a rl bf. Like I lost a friend because of my rl dating status. Get real guys.

/rant

I would like to formally welcome you to the internet,

this happens EVERY FRIGGEN WHERE.
    Either get used to it, or get off the internet. Not trying to be mean, just being honest. You seriously cannot get uppity over it. This will, can, has, and will continue to happen in every game across the board.

Learn to deal, or roll a male character if it's that bothersome. OR, you know what you could do?

Ignore them.

Zomigaw.

(PS- I'm a female, and have been gaming for too many years. I've dealt with this too, just learn to look at it as flattering/funny. Don't take it so seriously.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    cool story bro

when i talk with female friends i pretty often use sweet nicknames - and they call me sweet back

some sweet talk, more or less flirtish sometimes

does it make us all desperate?

u seem bit uptight - chill out hun b:chuckle

although h0rny ppl happens, it s not really worth QQ thread b:bye
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear
    KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It is fairly pathetic..there was a thread on here the other day of some guy wanting girls to leave certain info about themselves..whether it was serious or not it's still pretty sad. I understand guys wanting companionship..but harassing someone who isn't interested is out of order.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure there are a few people who have married more than that b:shocked
    Shoot :/ I only married 3 times. 4 if you count marrying myself.

What can I say I love me <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Shoot :/ I only married 3 times. 4 if you count marrying myself.

marrying yourself can make you blind b:shutup
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    marrying yourself can make you blind b:shutup
    ROFL
    lolzVILK.jpg

No he's not blinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    he sure.. married himself - a lot b:surrender

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Should I remind you of the fate of Narcissus?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sounds to me like ur a little insecure with ur feminity. A normal girl with good self-esteem and knowledge of herself would've shrugged off the advances, and said "any guy that wanted me only for my body is not worth my time anyway". You, however, hid behind the fact that you were hurt that ur status as a girl is hurting you. Perhaps ur not too normal of a girl then, but is a girl that longs for attention from internet guys. Also guys don't get too worked up over the word "girl" on the internet. A lot of them are hideous, put nicely. A pattern i noticed is that girls that are insecure with their feelings, easily hurt, or complain alot like the OP here is probably a whale, while the cooler chicks that hangs out with you and is rly chill are actually the pretty ones. So...choose ur internet mates wisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Should I remind you of the fate of Narcissus?

He drowned. Oops, spoilers.
    Sounds to me like ur a little insecure with ur feminity. A normal girl with good self-esteem and knowledge of herself would've shrugged off the advances, and said "any guy that wanted me only for my body is not worth my time anyway". You, however, hid behind the fact that you were hurt that ur status as a girl is hurting you. Perhaps ur not too normal of a girl then, but is a girl that longs for attention from internet guys. Also guys don't get too worked up over the word "girl" on the internet. A lot of them are hideous, put nicely. A pattern i noticed is that girls that are insecure with their feelings, easily hurt, or complain alot like the OP here is probably a whale, while the cooler chicks that hangs out with you and is rly chill are actually the pretty ones. So...choose ur internet mates wisely.

It seems you are very picky, intolerant and judgmental. Or maybe it's just that you wanted to troll.
    In both cases, I pity you.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Alenta - Lost City
    edited July 2010

Hmmm...perhaps you don't understand girls too well because it's actually the "less attractive" girls who desire male attention on the internet rather than the pretty girls who get enough of male attention in real life and use the internet as a means to get away from feeling constantly sexually harassed as it is. Unless the girl is an attention *****, a modest girl who already gets enough attention will not feel the need to get it on the internet.
  • Nuzzly - Lost City
    Nuzzly - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm...perhaps you don't understand girls too well because it's actually the "less attractive" girls who desire male attention on the internet rather than the pretty girls who get enough of male attention in real life and use the internet as a means to get away from feeling constantly sexually harassed as it is.

Wow, ma'am.

Generalize much?

I highly doubt all females get on the internet to AVOID attention. I know many who are gorgeous, but use the internet males as a means of trying to grab more attention. I also know many girls who might be consider "unattractive" who don't give a good ******n about what men on here think.

It just comes down to your self esteem. Even models have esteem issues, and "unattractive" women can be completely comfortable in their own skin.

Seriously, just learn to /ignore them. You're just picking fights over nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    mrmine went way too far with his assumption - just like you did in first post

but:
    to get away from feeling constantly sexually harassed as it is.

chill girl =o

• Alenta - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Wow, ma'am.

Generalize much?

I highly doubt all females get on the internet to AVOID attention. I know many who are gorgeous, but use the internet males as a means of trying to grab more attention. I also know many girls who might be consider "unattractive" who don't give a good ******n about what men on here think.

It just comes down to your self esteem. Even models have esteem issues, and "unattractive" women can be completely comfortable in their own skin.

Seriously, just learn to /ignore them. You're just picking fights over nothing.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to generalize. What I really meant to say was if a girl is not a major attention seeker and gets enough of it in her daily life then she wouldn't have that craving for male attention over the net. On the other hand, I know there are girls - regardless of looks - who seek attention in real life and on the net simply because they love the ego boost. But according to MrMime, girls who are easily upset over unwanted male advances on the internet are insecure/whales/unattractive/not in touch with their feminine side/etc. I don't see any logic in that because I imagine the internet would be a gateway for insecure girls to try to attract male attention.
  • Nertiti - Sanctuary
    Nertiti - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm...perhaps you don't understand girls too well because it's actually the "less attractive" girls who desire male attention on the internet rather than the pretty girls who get enough of male attention in real life and use the internet as a means to get away from feeling constantly sexually harassed as it is. Unless the girl is an attention *****, a modest girl who already gets enough attention will not feel the need to get it on the internet.

Hate to tell you this, but by the standards of today's society I would be below "less attractive" and I definately do not desire any male's attention except my real life husband. Also, vice versa, being an old yahoo chatter I can tell you there are enough fairly attractive women that also turn into attention wh0res. It's not what you look like, it's how you act, how you feel about yourself and how you view those around you also.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Maybe the way I wrote it was confusing but what i meant was that the less attractive girls are MORE LIKELY to be attention getters while the more attractive ones are not.

IN MOST CASES. I know its generalization but hey im not the first person to generalize.

The original purpose of the OP is one of the following
    1. make a remark about rly how frustrated she was with attention.
    2. just want to put internet guys down in general.
    3. bored.

I rly think 1 is unlikely. If it's 2 or 3, then she is being quite harsh, and it's only fair to be harsh in response of harsh things said. Might be trolling, but i seriously hate ppl that put othes down on purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.