So many QQs about archers end game...

OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Archer
archers have the most complex skill set IMO if your not up for diffcult PVP then dont choose an archer. If you watch a (good) archer in pvp they use many different skills and the timing has to be perfect especially if theyre getting ganked like in most pvp situations. PVP with an archer can go very well or very badly depending on luck timing etc (less badly with good gear). The most powerfull archer (physical) skill is Take aim (at lvl 11) and it is based purely on weapon damage therfore if your weapon sucks - you will too.

90% of archers hate gameplay because
a) they are too poor for good gear
b) they have poor reflexes
c) they have no idea how to play

There is alot of Luck, skill and cash shopping involved in playing an archer thats why its the best, it has it all. No more QQ threads plz b:laugh
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The most powerfull archer (physical) skill is aim low

I don't know what to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Mythysin - Heavens Tear
    Mythysin - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The most powerfull archer (physical) skill is aim low (at lvl 11)

Deadly shot.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lol @ Aim Low being the most powerful. And it is not based off of weapon damage. What you are referring to is Take Aim. Though i dont know how you confuse the two.

imo, Barrage -> Take Aim -> Deadly Shot
  • Khanderin - Lost City
    Khanderin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Stop pretending you know anything about PvP lol. All you do is camp hidden orchid and secret passage and kill level 30s.
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    http://blog.infinitemonkeysblog.com/files/images/obvious_troll.preview.jpg

I honestly hope you were trolling and not being serious.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    archers have the most complex skill set IMO if your not up for diffcult PVP then dont choose an archer. If you watch a (good) archer in pvp they use many different skills and the timing has to be perfect especially if theyre getting ganked like in most pvp situations. PVP with an archer can go very well or very badly depending on luck timing etc (less badly with good gear). The most powerfull archer (physical) skill is aim low (at lvl 11) and it is based purely on weapon damage therfore if your weapon sucks - you will too.

90% of archers hate gameplay because
    a) they are too poor for good gear
    b) they have poor reflexes
    c) they have no idea how to play

There is alot of Luck, skill and cash shopping involved in playing an archer thats why its the best, it has it all. No more QQ threads plz b:laugh

Your post makes no sense. No one really uses Aim Low much in pvp unless stun is on cool down and you wanna stop someone from running towards/away from you. Aim low doesn't even have a %-in weapon dmg add on. Its fixed dmg and requires 1 spark.

So im gonna guess you mean Take aim, which gives 400-500% of weapon. Its a good skill to bypass peoples hp-charm if you crit + have a heavily refined weapon + 30 blessing + is Sage.

For Demon archer i say Stun Arrow + Quick Shoot is more affective in most cases.

Archer is also not the strongest endgame pvp class 1v1, thats plain fact. Its not QQ, its common knowledge coming from people that played serveral different classes 100+

Doesnt matter how much an archer cash shops and spends on gear, if you make a barb or wiz for example and spend same amount of money on them endgame you will have a slightly stronger char. How ever you can still be awesome as archer, its a fun class to play and very versatile in both pve and pvp.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OP:

-is level 80
    -has less pk kills than someone who hasn't turned protections off in 10+ months.
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TAKE AIM* jese one typo and the whole forum goes crazy omg troll troll! and no not all i do is camp secret passage, and if i did dont you think they would call people to come nd try and kill me -> experianced in pvp. so shut your face b:chuckle

my point was our MOST POWERFULL skills are based on weapon damage and fyi u dont know anything because if you have a good weapon take aim outdoes deadly shot by far, not to mention its faster and has lower cooldown.

FYI display pic is wrong im lvl 94 been pking since lvl 37, red named since lvl 47 get your facts strait.
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    GG..You've got a red name, I bet your the hotshot of LC. getting a red name doesnt mean sheat ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Archer's Most Important combination of skills is this: Zooming Thunder Powder -> Town Teleport. ijs. That's not based on weapon damage.
    Faster Take Aim? Only Demon, and only if you double tap. Double Tap reduces damage.

PKing at 3x isn't PK. It's who isn't uncharmed and can /faceroll the keyboard quickest.
    Red named since 47? So you pk'ed lowbies at SP. Congratulations.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Deadly shot.

No........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Archers are potentially one of the best classes assuming the person knows how to play it and doesn't just run around shooting people.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Archers are potentially one of the best classes assuming the person knows how to play it and doesn't just run around shooting people.

And what are you basing this on?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    only 1 way to find out wich ist the best >class< at farming players

multiply the kill rankings !

ol'bob has 200 kills is a archer +200 for archer...
    jim has 1000 kills is a...

oh for more accurate results:
    use the profiles of every single player, not the rankings
    i like potato
  • Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2010

thats true i've seen archers using deadly shot on barbsb:chuckle full phys atk on a barb thats just stupid.

just kite properly and use wings of grace i see way to less people using it.b:angry it can save you while ganked and is also a good combo with absolute domain against sins
  • Acoi - Lost City
    Acoi - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    GG..You've got a red name, I bet your the hotshot of LC. getting a red name doesnt mean sheat ijs.

+1. Red name only shows your ability to pk lower levels. Grats on your accomplishment
  • Treallis - Heavens Tear
    Treallis - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I just started an archer, and they seem to be easy in the earlier levels. But an archer isnt a bad class for pvp, barbs hurt us REALLY bad, but avoid barbs. The class is simple if you understand it. We do have to pay REAL cash, but do the earn zen **** and make 10 bucks wort of zen in 20 minutes. To me, you just seem to be someone who is mad they fail at pvp.b:pleased
  • RowanaHood - Harshlands
    RowanaHood - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i dont get it wat r red names and i have to agree it was hard lvling up because i didnt kno a thing and i used give my points out equally and that meant that my attack points wer low b:cry it was awful i had to continually ask ppl for help uh. we need to go to plumcity help lower lvls thats ho i lved up because of a guy named mageofwill he helped ever since i was a young archer and yet i am still learning it really sucks and all those trhat waste ur time pking stop ok b:angry kil ppl ur own lvl or help lower lvls hey its better than doing nothing.
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    One more QQ with proof b:chuckle
    Look this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=804842
    And compare archers damage with others :) Especialy with damage of tank class b:laugh