Question about Genie skills for Archers

Purespiritt - Raging Tide
Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Archer
Actually i use i my Genie only Second Wind,but i have a few free affinity points and think which new skiils to choose. I look this site...
http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php
but there not all info are complete.

So about concrete skills:
-Extreme Poison -increase damage by 20% for 1.5 sec in lvl 1 and durations in next lvl's?
- Tai Chi - I'm think is that good skill for heal...right?
- Tree of Protection - is real that good? and... "This skill will interrupt the effect of Cinnabar Amulet." - what a kind of effect it's that?
-Leaf Dance - I don't see this skill in any guide. In my opinion +2% critic sounds good especially that already in lvl 1 extend 33 seconds +1 sec for every strength point

And one more question..
In Second Wind every Genie Strength point increases the healing by 2% so 50 points give 100%. If Genie have more that 50 str increase go farther or 50 is max bonus?
Post edited by Purespiritt - Raging Tide on

Comments

• fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Actually i use i my Genie only Second Wind,but i have a few free affinity points and think which new skiils to choose. I look this site...
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php
    but there not all info are complete.

-Extreme Poison -increase damage by 20% for 1.5 sec in lvl 1 and durations in next lvl's?
    - Tree of Protection - is real that good? and... "This skill will interrupt the effect of Cinnabar Amulet." - what a kind of effect it's that?
    -Leaf Dance - I don't see this skill in any guide. In my opinion +2% critic sounds good especially that already in lvl 1 extend 33 seconds +1 sec for every strength point

And one more question..
    In Second Wind every Genie Strength point increases the healing by 2% so 50 points give 100%. If Genie have more that 50 str increase go farther or 50 is max bonus?

Extreme Poison gives you another 0.5 seconds per skill level if i recall correctly.

Tai Chi gives you the speed advantage slightly better than an archer buff and the recovery advantage of focus powder for a few seconds, and then cancels all related buffs.

Tree of Protection is great for recovering health if you have a lot of health, Second Wind is better if you do not have much health (and you can go above 50 strength of course and the benefits continue when you do). And I have never seen a cinnabar amulet, but I imagine it does something similar to Tree of Protection.

I have seen some people using leaf dance to get a constant +2% critical hit chance.
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For second wind the 2% extra per STR point is 2% of the amount that second wind heals at that lvl. For example, at lvl 10 it heals 800HP plus 2% per STR point which at 80 STR comes out at 2080 HP, which for an archer with 5k HP is pretty nice while grinding.

Besides that, it doesnt take too much SP to lvl up a genie to a low lvl and to try out some of the skills, so i suggest to do that and to use Player Info on other archers that you see around to check which skills they have on their genie.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Extreme Poison is a great skill. Each level increases duration. Every 10 Dex increases duration by 1 second.

Tai Chi sounds like a good skill but it's deceiving. Remember, HP and MP regeneration decreases significantly in combat. Unless you are out of combat, 50 HP per second would dwindle down to pretty much nothing. As far as Movement speed, almost everyone has Holy Path.

Tree of Protection and Second Wind are both effective for archers. The difference is that Tree of Protection heals for more, but over time which can prove deadly if timed wrong. Second Wind heals for a little less, but is instant. I personally still have mixed feelings about which one to have on my Genie [currently ToP].

Leaf Dance may sound great, but it's hardly noticeable with the amount of Crit archers have.

My Genie is 64/90 Lucky Points and has Tree of Protection, Holy Path, Tangling Mire, Piercing Flame, and Wind Shield.
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Extreme Poison is a great skill. Each level increases duration. Every 10 Dex increases duration by 1 second.

My Genie is 64/90 Lucky Points and has Tree of Protection, Holy Path, Tangling Mire, Piercing Flame, and Wind Shield.

Holy Path - Increases the movement speed of yourself to the max for 3.3 -6 seconds. It's really that important?, unless by runaway from mobs (and it's not always protect from death).
    Tangling Mire - I'm think i invest in this. Reducing of physical defense is visible in archer dmg?
    Piercing Flames - It's interesting but 5 fire... :( so maybe next stunning skillb:dirty
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Holy Path - Increases the movement speed of yourself to the max for 3.3 -6 seconds. It's really that important?, unless by runaway from mobs (and it's not always protect from death).
    Tangling Mire - I'm think i invest in this. Reducing of physical defense is visible in archer dmg?
    Piercing Flames - It's interesting but 5 fire... :( so maybe next stunning skillb:dirty

Holy Path, most people use it to move around faster. I use it solely to escape, where i either use pot's or use stun skill.
    Tangling Mire, I mainly use this on bosses or aoe mobs/pvp.
    Piercing Flames, only used as a PvP skill against incoming Bms/barbs. It's 100% chance to immobilize for 3 seconds.

Most would prefer Occult Ice, which has a 30% chance to freeze [seal] the enemy for 6 seconds [@ lvl 10]. Every 2 Str point increase chance by 1%. So for example, @ 50 Str, you would have a 55% chance to freeze the enemy and etc.
  • fulgida
    edited July 2010
    Tai Chi sounds like a good skill but it's deceiving. Remember, HP and MP regeneration decreases significantly in combat. Unless you are out of combat, 50 HP per second would dwindle down to pretty much nothing.

I think Tai Chi would be useful while meditating.

But I have no idea what use its movement speed buff has.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    I think Tai Chi would be useful while meditating.

But I have no idea what use its movement speed buff has.

yes it's good outside of combat, but if you're healing yourself, ToP or Second Wind would be better. There are also craftable pots that increase HP and/or MP recovery rate by 50 & 100 depending on what level Apoth you have.
  • fulgida
    edited July 2010
    yes it's good outside of combat, but if you're healing yourself, ToP or Second Wind would be better. There are also craftable pots that increase HP and/or MP recovery rate by 50 & 100 depending on what level Apoth you have.

tai chi also lets you go without mana pots with relatively little time spent meditating. I think it is for economically minded players that do not have enough time to be gathering herbs for recovery powders.

However, I tried this on a low level throwaway character and I was totally frustrated by the skill. It was saving me a bit of time here and there but it felt so very worthless. If nothing else, they should have given it a different sound effect from holy path.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i got in my genie
    frenzy (atack lv +20 but takes your base def) good skill while DDing with a fist bm tanking things and to use in gamma/delta

TOP (good for heals in TW when charm tick)

holy path (max speed for 6 seconds) good for running away when being ganged or to go faster in instances

the basic skill earthflame (to pull things)

and still thinking wich one get next, prolly going for extreme poison when my genie get lv 100