power dash???

emmo90
emmo90 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Assassin
Hi there =)
got a question about power dash. I dont really know what power dash increases...do i get more crit chance or just more crit damage???
hope you know the difference between them b:chuckle
Post edited by emmo90 on

Comments

• Swelvan - Archosaur
    Swelvan - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    emmo90 wrote: »
    Hi there =)
    got a question about power dash. I dont really know what power dash increases...do i get more crit chance or just more crit damage???
    hope you know the difference between them b:chuckle

Power dash gives rage damage...
    rage damage = crit damage
    so....
  • BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Power dash gives rage damage...
    rage damage = crit damage
    so....

The skill description is wrong, power dash actually increases your crit rate/chance.
  • FinalFatex - Harshlands
    FinalFatex - Harshlands Posts: 2,427 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^ Is correct.. but don't tell anyone, its a secret. b:quiet
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • emmo90
    edited July 2010
    well i used it now but i see no difference in the numbers after i used it...(mean the window when you press c) b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The number won't change, but you get the same buff icon as other crit rate increase skills such as Leaf Dance, Dragon Bane, Barb lvl 11 attack buff and etc.
  • Ruriii - Sanctuary
    Ruriii - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As Okeano was saying the number will stay the same but you still have a good chance to crit.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So it's a buff, or does its crit rate bonus affect only itself?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • emmo90
    edited July 2010
    well yea, after you use it you will get a buff for 8sec
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    So it's best used just before or just after sparking then, eh?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    You could use it after sparking in PvP for a short burst of crits. It's not worth it for normal PvE, as you get better dps by using that chi to spark instead.
  • Elviz - Raging Tide
    Elviz - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    emmo90 wrote: »
    well i used it now but i see no difference in the numbers after i used it...(mean the window when you press c) b:laugh

There is difference. "Rage Damage" is changing.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    There is difference. "Rage Damage" is changing.

rage damage does not change with power dash..... b:lipcurl
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • FortySeven - Raging Tide
    FortySeven - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wolf emblem increases Crit Rage[damage]
    Power dash increases crit rate, or chance you can land a crit hit
    use this, Wolf emblem>>2 or 3 spark>>inner harmony>>power dash>>chop chop chop away and btw i believe after powerdash is casted, you auto attack anyway
  • Elviz - Raging Tide
    Elviz - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    rage damage does not change with power dash..... b:lipcurl

I meand wolf emlem, sorry in Russia there was nigh, in flat 40 degrees celsium, my brain swimed in my head b:laugh
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    then what about sage addon? its work?
    Deals damage equal to your base physical attack plus
    3831.8 physical damage.
    Increases your Rage Damage by 40%. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Costs two Sparks

Increases your critical chance by 10%.
  • neadekvatniy
    neadekvatniy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i have chanse to get ban if use this skill without attack and cooldown? (get only buff, like Fist-BM's skill with flame-dmg-buff)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Using it w/o attacking: I do not see why that would ban you.
    Using w/o cooldown: yes, you will be banned because you changed something in the code to eliminate cooldowns (if this is even possible).
    ~Spazz~
  • neadekvatniy
    edited July 2010
    it's just changing weapon upon skill casting, damage not deals, but given buff without skill cooldown. its bannable? b:puzzled
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Using w/o cooldown: yes, you will be banned because you changed something in the code to eliminate cooldowns (if this is even possible).

Server sided, so its not possible :)
    Thank god for that
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Server sided, so its not possible :)
    Thank god for that

That's what I thought
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    i have chanse to get ban if use this skill without attack and cooldown? (get only buff, like Fist-BM's skill with flame-dmg-buff)

I've tried with the Sin skills. Cancel casting doesn't appear to work. It seems we only get the buffs after we use a skill.

With BM skills that give you self buffs such as increase attack speed or added fire damage, if you cancel the cast of a skill before it's completed (i.e. switch weapon so you get interrupted), you still get the buff that skill gives you, and the skill is not count as used so you don't use any mp and the skill doesn't go into cooldown. It's not related to changing anything about the game.
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010

could any1 explain it to me?
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    could any1 explain it to me?

See above.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    With BM skills that give you self buffs such as increase attack speed or added fire damage, if you cancel the cast of a skill before it's completed (i.e. switch weapon so you get interrupted), you still get the buff that skill gives you, and the skill is not count as used so you don't use any mp and the skill doesn't go into cooldown. It's not related to changing anything about the game.

its not new thing, demon BIDS, Sage BIDS/bt/ms for wizz, sage MSS,GS,Demon DBB, GS for bm, Sage Tempest for cleric, Sage PN for veno, Sage Headhunt, Power Dash, Demon power dash ii think give effect too without use any spark :P

still i dont got the sage power dash give 50% critical rate for sage its give 2 buff?
  • neadekvatniy
    edited July 2010
    I've tried with the Sin skills. Cancel casting doesn't appear to work. It seems we only get the buffs after we use a skill.

Cancel power dash working and i get buff without c/d and wasting chi, just need to quickly press buttons (i'm use bow for this. http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/1007/d4/55d3111b64f0.jpg)

P.S. This trick does not turned off invisibility and conveniently used before Subsea Strike and Bramble Rage b:nosebleed
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Cancel power dash working and i get buff without c/d and wasting chi, just need to quickly press buttons (i'm use bow for this. http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/1007/d4/55d3111b64f0.jpg)

P.S. This trick does not turned off invisibility and conveniently used before Subsea Strike and Bramble Rage b:nosebleed

Hmmm I've only tested with Bloodpaint and Deaden. I guess it make sense that it's only the buffs from attack moves that can be cancel casted. Good to know b:sin.

God I love the forum. Half year after the class came out and we are stilling learning new things haha.

Edit: err do you know what this means? Since last I checked cancel Cyclone on my BM, the skill doesn't count as used so it doesn't cost any MP and have no C/D either... which means that we can keep Power Dashing O_O? Given that at higher aps, it's unclear if doing that continuously increases dps if we have to stop and cancel cast at 4 or 5 attacks per second. I suppose it could if you got really good at canceling. The saved 2 sparked for using it once in PvP is important for sure tho.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010

Ah, ok. Sins are the only class I have played above level 30 so I didn't know what she was talking about.
    ~Spazz~