barb dmg build

Lordexion - Lost City
Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
hi guys, i stop playing this game for a while to play **** and i sorta totally forgot everything about PW so...i want to make a barb.

i got some questions:

1. do we have DD build? if so is it good or bad ( pros and cons ?)

2. if i go demon side, should i focus all my points into beast mode?

3.pk/pvp should i have more hp or deal more dmg as a barb?

4. DD build

STR: ??
Dex: ??
Vit: ??
Mag: ??

tank build

hybrid build

5. last but not least, dmg build barbs are ok for pve instances or should they just be tank build ( which i got no idea what it is)
Post edited by Lordexion - Lost City on

Comments

• HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    theres actually no DD build because the most damage comes from Weapon and skills (mastery+ strength of titans and poison fang). When you like some extra damage use rings with added phy attack and garnet shards in your weapon. I just can say adding more than 300 str (300 with gear) is fail and a waste of points.
  • MrCherry - Raging Tide
    MrCherry - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it is true there isn't really a DD barb build, The main reason being that Barbs are tanks, Barbs who aren't don't generally get Squads... Afterall, Who wants a barb who can't tank a boss?

Weapons and Shards are your friends, Also going Demon gives a Big boost to DMG (I haven't tested this yet as i'm not there, But i've seen it and hell I can't wait)
    A. Str-Based Damage Dealer
    Armor: Heavy
    VIT = 1 each level
    STR = 3 each level
    DEX = 1 each level
    Comments: Levels quickly at low levels, but the low HP will kill you later
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    i heard that pvp barbs leave their Dex to 50, how come?
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you want to be a dd barb its best to start out as tank and prepare yourself to re-stat mid to late 90's, when barb tanks aren't needed as much. This will allow you to level faster as instances will be easy to come by and dd barbs pretty much suck until later in game anyway. Like wizards, barbs are a labor of love and require lots of patience to see the end result potential.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Just get a charm and good genie skills and you can tank anything fine as a DD-based barb. Of course, you won't actually get to dd often unless you have another barb with you.
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    aight, so i'll cap it to 50 dex and 3 vit 2 str every lvl