Barb equip to tank

__Tanker__ - Raging Tide
__Tanker__ - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
my barb are close to 70 so i need some advise for my equip,i know that i'll get TT 90 for later, but now from 70-90 what kind of equip(chest, leg,feet, hand) i'll use TT or Mold ? tyvm for those who reply. b:laugh
Post edited by __Tanker__ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I use TT 70 and I never had a problem tanking.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I use TT 70 and I never had a problem tanking.

I used the same. Shard with citrines and keep biting the boss.

If you've got the time to do the TT runs, and a good squad to do them with it doesn't take too much effort to get your mats. Plus every now and then you'll find an amazing deal in the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT70 is great for around that level.

However, Fuzzy also gonna suggest thinking about TT80 gold. Not many people bother with the set of Feng's anymore, but Fuzzy is a big fan of it. It is excellent armour that when all things considered, isn't that expensive to get and isn't that expensive to add sockets too.

Many people don't bother with it because they are in an out of the 80 levels so fast. Fuzzy not see this as such a good thing.

If you intend on getting 90 gear (green me assume) it will make it alot easier to tank them TT's to farm it if u don't skip an entire series of armour.(ie:80 level) Fuzzy is one of those people who enjoys the challenge of farming full sets of gear and that does take time. Why rush to skip an excellent set? Make it, enjoy it, use it as best you can and when your next set of armour is ready then go ahed and level to wear it. Me see too many people ignoring excellent gear set just so they can power-level to 9x+.

But what damn good is being a 9x if your a squishy tank with 7x gear and now you cant farm the proper stuff? .....Fuzzy just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoohBear - Lost City
    PoohBear - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    .....Fuzzy just saying.

lol fuzzy can't ijs, so he goes fjs... hahaha fuzzy u crack me up! b:laugh
  • Fortress - Raging Tide
    Fortress - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT70 is great for around that level.

However, Fuzzy also gonna suggest thinking about TT80 gold. Not many people bother with the set of Feng's anymore, but Fuzzy is a big fan of it. It is excellent armour that when all things considered, isn't that expensive to get and isn't that expensive to add sockets too.

Many people don't bother with it because they are in an out of the 80 levels so fast. Fuzzy not see this as such a good thing.

If you intend on getting 90 gear (green me assume) it will make it alot easier to tank them TT's to farm it if u don't skip an entire series of armour.(ie:80 level) Fuzzy is one of those people who enjoys the challenge of farming full sets of gear and that does take time. Why rush to skip an excellent set? Make it, enjoy it, use it as best you can and when your next set of armour is ready then go ahed and level to wear it. Me see too many people ignoring excellent gear set just so they can power-level to 9x+.

But what damn good is being a 9x if your a squishy tank with 7x gear and now you cant farm the proper stuff? .....Fuzzy just saying.

+1, Fuzzy da best man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The mistake in my Sig means no ones perfect...

I am Fortress, he who eats bunnies.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I went with the mold gears, cuisses of sea captain and proud plate of corsaire. Find some decent 3 stars for the wirsts and boots, helm of aqua viciousness, cape of tauran chieftain if you can afford it and you're set.

TT80 gold is great for those levels, only downside is that it's auto-bound, which means you cant resell it. Glad I went with molds, when I had my TT90 I was able to sell the molds and pay for the refines/shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Alternatively you can shop around for some great deals in the AH, buy bespoke gear an make him really ubber very cheap an with no effort from others. Ruli in 3 stars an moulds if i wore tt70 i loose about 2k hit points. Good 3 stars are often far more beneficial too a barb than tt70 an 80 armour, infact i venture to say the only item i'd be tempted too make is the bracers due to the added vitality. We not nor will be ever be damage dealers so quit trying to be one. We take damage not deal it, so make your clerics job easier an get most hit point s you can manageb:laugh
    Vitality vitality vitality Wont find any TT 70 or 80 gear with 9vitalityb:pleased
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    a good mix is TT80 Gold Plate + Boots and TT80 Green Wrists. Combined with Cuisses of Demon General Leggings (Quest reward after Wraith Gate) a really nice set.