Claw/Fist barb.

Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Barbarian
So we've all pretty much figured out by now that claws with stacked -int gears is pretty OP.

A friend of mine who quit the game left me with 60mil and a lunar cape. I have the mats for TT99 wrists in my bank. Planning to buy deicide claws with the 60mil.

So I was wondering if there were any claw barbs out there that would like to share their wisdom with me. Do you go min stats for claws/rest into dex? Str heavy? Dex heavy? Do they use TT99 LA and if so which peices?

Not planning to restat to 99 ofc, so I got some time to work on my potential build.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So we've all pretty much figured out by now that claws with stacked -int gears is pretty OP.

A friend of mine who quit the game left me with 60mil and a lunar cape. I have the mats for TT99 wrists in my bank. Planning to buy deicide claws with the 60mil.

So I was wondering if there were any claw barbs out there that would like to share their wisdom with me. Do you go min stats for claws/rest into dex? Str heavy? Dex heavy? Do they use TT99 LA and if so which peices?

Not planning to restat to 99 ofc, so I got some time to work on my potential build.

Better make sure you refine your armor pieces to as high as you can and get good vit or hp shards or else you're gonna be lacking in the HP department.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Better make sure you refine your armor pieces to as high as you can and get good vit or hp shards or else you're gonna be lacking in the HP department.

^This.

I am not a claw Barb, but will share my opinion at least.

You need a lot of money to make up for the HP loss. Its better to be a good, normal barb, than a fail, low HP claw barb. I was thinking about going claw barb too, unfortunately I am Sage, and I don't feel like making the switch and losing my Sage skills I've worked hard for.....yet. <___<

As for armor, depends, most claw Barbs I see go HA TT99 set, and LA TT99 belt and necklace.. You will lack in the mdef section though. If you can fund the money, get Nirvana pants as well.

I do agree though, fist Barbs can be good.

Overall, it depends, experiment with pwcalc like I did.

Stat-wise, you will need to sacrifice vit to dex. Fortunately, vit can be made up with vit stones and refines, very costly though.

If any actual claw Barb want to add-on/change info on what I said, plz do so, I am also interested in this. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    My friend is a claw barb, uses deicide now, since it's pretty low dex req + he's also demon. I'm pretty sure rest in vit, he lost a lot of hp when restated, especially since when you use fists you'll be in human. I'd go for a bit more dex is it would gain me an extra crit, but really depends on your gear.

b:chuckle I'd restat my barb but he's sage so meh.

Rawr your avatar says you're 94. Just me but I wouldn't bother going fists now, but only at 99/100 with the availability of 99 set bonuses & nirvana pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Yea I'm waiting till 99 before I restat. So I can get the bonuses from the 2 TT99 LA ornaments and 2 peices of TT99 HA as well as the TT99 wrists.
    Overall, it depends, experiment with pwcalc like I did.

I would but the website was down last I checked.

Main reason I want to do this is because the higher in levels I get the more useless I kinda feel. Lower levels I tanked everything but now my role in the squad seems to be buff the squad and then do whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Main reason I want to do this is because the higher in levels I get the more useless I kinda feel. Lower levels I tanked everything but now my role in the squad seems to be buff the squad and then do whatever.
    b:laugh I love it. takes all the pressure of. I just buff then run around in human hitting stuff. b:laugh Nobody blames me for fails anymore b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jetblaze - Heavens Tear
    Jetblaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've been working to try to become a claw barb as well but i am waiting a bit to make sure that they aren't making claws BM only. Also i was planing to use TT 99 HA Chest plate and Leggings then TT 99 LA wrist guards and boots instead of using TT 99 LA ornaments. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Currently trying to decide my stats.

Minimum str for axes minimum dex for claws rest vit? Or maybe more str? Or maybe more dex?

Not a huge deal as most of my stat points I think will be used up just to meet the minimum requriments for both weapons, as my Gx axes take 272 str and deicide needs 193 dex so it's not a huge amount of stat points or anything. Probably just go vit, would be easier to figure out if the pw calculator site wasn't down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I've been working to try to become a claw barb as well but i am waiting a bit to make sure that they aren't making claws BM only. Also i was planing to use TT 99 HA Chest plate and Leggings then TT 99 LA wrist guards and boots instead of using TT 99 LA ornaments. b:surrender

I fully agree, the claw restriction does worry me, I dont want to waste alot of money if it does happen.

As for the TT99 leggings and boots, ehh... o.o

It does help with mdef though.

Currently trying to decide my stats.

Minimum str for axes minimum dex for claws rest vit? Or maybe more str? Or maybe more dex?

Not a huge deal as most of my stat points I think will be used up just to meet the minimum requriments for both weapons, as my Gx axes take 272 str and deicide needs 193 dex so it's not a huge amount of stat points or anything. Probably just go vit, would be easier to figure out if the pw calculator site wasn't down.

Depends for str and vit. You can always refine and stick vit stones in your gear for HP.

As for str, depends if you want GXs to be your end-game weapon. Personally, I would add for str for Nirvana axes, so you can be at least be a axe/claw Barb.

Overall....its seems to be an expensive build. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Well I'm thinking minimum str for Gx, minimum dex for lunar, and rest into vit. If I get better axes then I can always put a few more points from vit into str, and I can put a few more points from vit into dex if I get better claws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you do go fist/claw, I suggest doing full HA armor with magic ornaments. Doing it this way, you can still reach a 3.33 unbuffed attack speed, which isn't too bad.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    I'm thinking full HA with 2 of the TT99 LA ornaments for the -int bonus, and carrying around mdef ornaments if I need to switch back for PvP or anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you'll need massive refines on ur armor and vit stones to keep up the vit and play the role of a tank.. to see the true effects of fists/claws at endgame u'ld've to have -int gear (cape, tome, wrists and claws) and refine the claws atleast to +8 maybe.. and the claws shudn't be anythin less that the Lunar Glade 95 ones..

Assuming you will be using 250 str for armor requirements (keeping in mind the reqs of tt99) u will need 193 dex for the CV95 claws.. Deicide..

That leaves 44 vit at lvl 95.. Summary,

Vit: 44 (vary this as much as you can), Dex: 193 (Enough for Deicide) and str: 250 (Enough for Heavy Armor)

With these base stats u'll have an HP of around 6k with lvl 11 BKI buff.. Hope this answers your query b:pleased

I gave this reply on another thread which had asked for the stats for an HA armor + Deicide. This was according to the pwcalc.

Since you will mostly get 12 str from your armor and ornaments, you'll be able to equip your GXs. Since you'll be having an event cape and Deicide, I'ld recommend TT99 LA/HA wristguards. You will have the required stats and you'll get a -0.1 interval. With LA wristguards you will have an extra 130 mdef. It might be a good addition depending on your current mdef.

With this you'll probably end up with 2.86 aps which isn't really that bad from 3.33. You will still have a perma-spark. If you want to reach 3.33 then you might go for an interval tome or ornaments.
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm thinking full HA with 2 of the TT99 LA ornaments for the -int bonus, and carrying around mdef ornaments if I need to switch back for PvP or anything.

^^ This

I use the TT99 LA orn and i have the warsong belt and cube neck.
    When i started i had a normal wing trophy +1 crit it 4sock 4 x +10 vit sones, +6 and i switch to the lunar cape +3 3 sock 3 x imacs.

My hp with the 5.0 gear is 18.3k and with my normal cape and orn its 20.5k.

The build is real fun but cost allot to keep your HP high, I have full TT99 4 sock chest and legings all vit stones +10, boots 4 perfect citrin +7 and wrist 4 gems's citrin +7.

so i spent allot to keep hp up with the cube neck warsong belt and crit cape i have 24.5k in tiger witch is good if you think about it.

Edit: I forgot i did not go for just 193dex and 272 str i opted for 200dex and rest str no point allocated to vit.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Rawrgh,

If you not sage then switch and here is why,

Interval robe, tomb, interval bracers and nirvana pants, at least two 99tt gears and claws/fists, tt100 fists are best = 4 attacks. You will aggro so if your demon switch to sage, trust me you'll only lose 1 attack plus the sage spark regains hp and reduces 25% damages, this is PRICELESS and u will maintain perma spark while tanking bosses! Also I use aptho incase boss brakes attacks and need sage spark. Also use aptho for hp recovering. I require no healing from cleric in tt or nirvana and charm ticks once in a while.

Refine refine and refine EVERYTHING.

Dont use magic shards or physical hitting mobs you'll be tanking will kill you. Remember HP shards covers BOTH, PLUS when using hp sage buff and having at least g7 in all or higher shards in all gears = MUCH more HP from sage hp buff. Best to use +10 vit shards if you can afford them, if not use g8 shards. Anyone who shards with magic shards is an idiot, don't listen to them - they are FAIL and are missing priceless hp. Cleric buff is enough.

When in party have bm use heaven's flame, cleric debuff dimensional seal and veno amp. Also get genie skill relentless courage and use it. Make sure you communicate this with them (party members) and time all this right. You will ****! Trust me.

Learn from my post, this will be my only post in this thread. I'm not gonna hang here and argue with these nabs lol. Also this is for pve experience since I don't pvp, personally I think pvp is a waste of time.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Sounds interesting although I do plan to continue with PvP, at least doing TW if not more PvP, so I think I will stay demon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Rawrgh,

If you not sage then switch and here is why,

Interval robe, tomb, interval bracers and nirvana pants, at least two 99tt gears and claws/fists, tt100 fists are best = 4 attacks. You will aggro so if your demon switch to sage, trust me you'll only lose 1 attack plus the sage spark regains hp and reduces 25% damages, this is PRICELESS and u will maintain perma spark while tanking bosses! Also I use aptho incase boss brakes attacks and need sage spark. Also use aptho for hp recovering. I require no healing from cleric in tt or nirvana and charm ticks once in a while.

Refine refine and refine EVERYTHING.

Dont use magic shards or physical hitting mobs you'll be tanking will kill you. Remember HP shards covers BOTH, PLUS when using hp sage buff and having at least g7 in all or higher shards in all gears = MUCH more HP from sage hp buff. Best to use +10 vit shards if you can afford them, if not use g8 shards. Anyone who shards with magic shards is an idiot, don't listen to them - they are FAIL and are missing priceless hp. Cleric buff is enough.

When in party have bm use heaven's flame, cleric debuff dimensional seal and veno amp. Also get genie skill relentless courage and use it. Make sure you communicate this with them (party members) and time all this right. You will ****! Trust me.

Learn from my post, this will be my only post in this thread. I'm not gonna hang here and argue with these nabs lol. Also this is for pve experience since I don't pvp, personally I think pvp is a waste of time.

Wow....this.....inspired me! Future Sage Claw User here. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    So now that the calculator site is back up I played around.

At 99 with TT99 HA +6 with 3 perfect citrines (I have enough socket stones from event to get full 3 sockets even if I get 2 in each peice) lunar claws +6 warsoul helm (already have it at +5) and 2 peices of TT99 LA ornaments I will have just short of 12k hp buffed and a 2.5 attack rate base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isa - Raging Tide
    Isa - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My advice is claws will do about 2.5x the dmg of your gx,s and your hp will take a huge hit.

really if your not a cash shopper this is not viable untill you have built up 2x interval from tt99 and the wrists. In that case you'd be at 4 APS which is decent. But still without insane refines, say everying g8 and +5 you'll probably be sitting at 12k-13k standing up buffed. You need more.

The faction needs you as a catabarb young padawan don't fail me now.

Grasshopper resist the fist allure and get g15 zerk axes XD.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    My advice is claws will do about 2.5x the dmg of your gx,s and your hp will take a huge hit.

really if your not a cash shopper this is not viable untill you have built up 2x interval from tt99 and the wrists. In that case you'd be at 4 APS which is decent. But still without insane refines, say everying g8 and +5 you'll probably be sitting at 12k-13k standing up buffed. You need more.

The faction needs you as a catabarb young padawan don't fail me now.

Grasshopper resist the fist allure and get g15 zerk axes XD.
    I already have TT90 with full G8 shards and +4 refines so everything g8 and +5 will be easy, I'm thinking full G9 with +6 actually.

Besides, I'm demon barb, no cata pulling for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why Fist Barb? They don't get rank chest like sins/archers do, nor have the crit to make up for the mastery losses that BMs have.

Just re-roll a BM imho.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    why fist barb? Why not just reroll a bm?

Well fist barbs have been proven to hit harder then bm's with same everything.By using account stash, because we have poison fang. Which adds on wood damage to our attack (50% if you have demon version, which i have). And you complained about a barbs crit % when demon barbs have op crit rate even without 193 dex?!b:chuckle

Example- Demon Three spark , Demon Beastial onslaught switch to claws and i have 4.0 atm, so thats 4 hits per second with my 55% crit rate for the next 5 seconds while I am sparked. /Comment to above post.
  • malteser
    malteser Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why Fist Barb? They don't get rank chest like sins/archers do, nor have the crit to make up for the mastery losses that BMs have.

Just re-roll a BM imho.

different skill sets and attributes. It's not just about the 5aps max dmg. Although that's what everyone seems to be talking about.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Example- Demon Three spark , Demon Beastial onslaught switch to claws and i have 4.0 atm, so thats 4 hits per second with my 55% crit rate for the next 5 seconds while I am sparked. /Comment to above post.
    You''ll hang yourself after switching to axes every 10 seconds... I don't think you can even macro that... Imagine doing that manually on a high hp boss that's gona take a while... You'll also be wasting time on your skill from your spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    why fist barb? Why not just reroll a bm?

Well fist barbs have been proven to hit harder then bm's with same everything.By using account stash, because we have poison fang. Which adds on wood damage to our attack (50% if you have demon version, which i have). And you complained about a barbs crit % when demon barbs have op crit rate even without 193 dex?!b:chuckle

Where has it been proven that barbs hit harder than BM's with same everything? I'd like to see this. b:chuckle They might hit harder with axes because they both have mastery there, but not fists where only BMs/Venos have skill mastery; the 50% poison damage compared to 75% fist weapon mastery and 135% Fire dmg from Demon DBB.

Demon Beastial onslaught sounds like the same effect from Demon glacial spike, except Demon Glacial Spike can be glitch canceled in .3 seconds.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It has been proven on Lost City server. by lvling a barb to 100 so the BM can wear the same gear. Put all the gear on the barb and check damage. His Barb hit significantly harder then his BM.
    And no it's not a pain in the **** to switch back and forth to axes from claws, and no u can not macro that, since it includes a weapon switch. Its really only useful to gain aggro at the beginning. And that combo is used in pvp mainly. If your only going claws for the pve, all you will need is the 3 spark macro. But when you return to pvp, its like a smack in the face how having claws opens up a different world for you. Such as being able to use a bow when your opponent tries to run. Killing magic classes before they notice u even hit them. (And still being able to kill things with perdition due to Jones blessing currently).

Its good to be a DD. Not just a meat shield relying on perdition, to kill everything. And at 100, if your full vit build you wont be tanking much other than tw. Have fun being useless during the week lol.......
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    suddenly i tanked a BH89 (Eden) run with level 6 Claws (1* +23 attack). I didnt lost the aggro altough i was not able to use any skills. Even a lvl 90 Psy didnt steal the aggro.
    That shows the power of claws combined with Demon/Sage Spark.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The fist barb vs bm discussion has taken place in the BM forum as well. For your reference, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=722822&page=4

As XnastyX said it has been tested as well. If it's PvE (tanking) with perma-spark we're talking about then both barbs and bms do the same damage. I am sure BMs can use glacial spike and cancel it but barbs can do the same with Onslaught. The question is, why waste a few valuable seconds in your sparked form to switch weapons, proc a skill to gain more crit % or deal more elemental damage.

PvP wise lots depends on skill and circumstances so passing a judgment on that is utterly ridiculous.

EDIT: Apologies for going off-topic. I think that the purpose of the thread wasn't to discuss about the pros and cons of fist barbs/bms but rather to discuss builds and armors for a fist user. I am sure Rawrgh found his answers though.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    The fist barb vs bm discussion has taken place in the BM forum as well. For your reference, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=722822&page=4

As XnastyX said it has been tested as well. If it's PvE (tanking) with perma-spark we're talking about then both barbs and bms do the same damage. I am sure BMs can use glacial spike and cancel it but barbs can do the same with Onslaught. The question is, why waste a few valuable seconds in your sparked form to switch weapons, proc a skill to gain more crit % or deal more elemental damage.

PvP wise lots depends on skill and circumstances so passing a judgment on that is utterly ridiculous.

EDIT: Apologies for going off-topic. I think that the purpose of the thread wasn't to discuss about the pros and cons of fist barbs/bms but rather to discuss builds and armors for a fist user. I am sure Rawrgh found his answers though.
    Uhh kinda.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be going min. str for Gx, min. dex for claws, rest into vit, especially now with jones blessings. Use the TT99 LA ornaments and switch to swindlers necklace/past belt for PvP.

Should hit 97 tomorrow after TW then work on 2 more levels and then restat.

And yea, I can just imagine using triple spark > demon onslaught > switching to claws, sounds pretty nasty if the target either gets caught with occult ice or tries to tank it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Just re-roll a BM imho.

Barb in human form with 20k+ hp is better and we dont need the .05 interval from armor. Crit is to unpredictable and should not be depended on.Thats where refining comes into play.

interval gears > crit rate. Its all about dps.

End game BM's suck, imho. b:chuckle
  • _Swift_Blade - Heavens Tear
    _Swift_Blade - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hey is there anyway u can give me the build for a fist barb before i **** another one up? im on heavens tear