help me please

Lejont - Raging Tide
Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Wizard
okey im a 79 wizzy and i wanna start running FC runs but i was told my hp was pretty crappy for my level so heres my current gear is this please help me tell me what to change all helpfull input would be great

thx in advanceb:chuckle

EDIT:allso the sleeves have 2 sockets and my hat has 1 socket what should i shard them with?
Post edited by Lejont - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My hp was about the same as yours, maybe a measly 100 higher. With barb hp buff and all the pdef buffs, including stone barrier, you should be fine. I was, with only SLIGHTLY better stats, doing just as well as anyone else.

If you have a cleric who knows what they're doing, and you don't make any big mistakes, you'll be fine. Best way to find out is to try.

On your equipment, I'd put some pdef shards in there though.

Last thing, when you do FC, knowing when to throw stuff like dragons breath is more important than your stats. If you do it too early, no feasible amount of hp is going to save you.

That's my two cents.
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    well ive did FC runs before(up to after second boss) and went pretty good i take alot of agro cause my dragons breath is lvl 7.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    okey im a 79 wizzy and i wanna start running FC runs but i was told my hp was pretty crappy for my level so heres my current gear is this please help me tell me what to change all helpfull input would be great

thx in advanceb:chuckle

EDIT:allso the sleeves have 2 sockets and my hat has 1 socket what should i shard them with?

well, I changed it a bit.. it looks like you are on a budget so I'm trying to keep it as cheap as I can.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=63b363258e91a79b

I added 50 vit (one restat scroll.. or 5 gold) which is probably the best hp/coin ratio you are going to find. I also added two lvl 78 rings with 70hp on them... which go for about 100k each on lost city, and changed the cape to a lvl 77 with hp +70 and 3 sockets.. which I would guess would go for like 300-400k coins (just a guess) and refined it to +3, which is very cheap as long as you don't use orbs (refining your cape gives more hp/refine than any of your other arcane armor). Finally, if you get to 80 and finish your wraith's ploy quest, although it does take a while, you can get the sundown pendant as a quest reward. I just added citrine shards until you hit 3k hp unbuffed, and the rest of the sockets I just filled with pdef shards.

Just some rough ideas, I'd guess 3k hp would be plenty to get you into frost parties.. but your gear really comes down to your budget and what you can find.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Here's my suggestion: Get a genie with absolute domain.

It saves my life all the time. Generally speaking, in FC runs you're not going to be able to tank all of the mobs in the XP room or in a couple of other spots. Some mages can, but by and large, it's not something mages can do.

I used to die every other FC right in the XP room because I'd pull aggro and get overloaded before the mobs died. Now that I have domain, I just use dragon's breath as the BM uses dragon, pop domain, and wait on the XP to roll in.

This is the easiest way to ensure survival in your DDing, just pop domain/expel after opening zhen and you'll be ok through the whole pull regardless of HP/def.

EDIT: Wrong char for posting, advice still applies lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XTryToBeaTMe - Lost City
    XTryToBeaTMe - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:bye hi ... i had the same problem with my wiz .. more immac Garnet and hp .... b:chuckle .... when you hit 90 you should but perfect even gems in your gears. :) gems are the helpfullist .... Fyi abserlute domain sux for wiz its all about the forfity and tree of protectionb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lifes like a movie , Just make sure your the lead role in yours b:cute
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Abs Domain is nice, but isn't a must. Expel does a better job for a longer time, combine it with a ToP and a charm and yeah...enough survival to land some hits. Fortify is almost a must with every other class being able to stun one way or the other.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    okey so i looking in AH for the cape and rings but nuffing came up well i saw a cape with +60hp and 4 dex for 600k but that is ridiculous and the sundown pendant well idk if i can get it any alternatives? and the rings nothing came up. so i need 3k hp unbuffed so i guess i could shard my sleeves with immacs maybe
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    use earthquake u can use it 2 times back to back if u have to also.
    it flings them all away from you and let the party know if you do that HELP ME.b:laugh
    b:bye
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    okey so i looking in AH for the cape and rings but nuffing came up well i saw a cape with +60hp and 4 dex for 600k but that is ridiculous and the sundown pendant well idk if i can get it any alternatives? and the rings nothing came up. so i need 3k hp unbuffed so i guess i could shard my sleeves with immacs maybe

well honestly 3k hp may be more than you need to do frost.. but it will likely help you get in parties. Just keep looking in AH and catshops, decent gear will show up in there eventually :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    b:cryb:crylooks like ima have to restat