PvP QQing

Kyiamori - Lost City
Kyiamori - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
i dont uderstand why all these people on PvP servers complain about getting pked, i mean they are the ones who joined the PvP sever in the first place o.O
Post edited by Kyiamori - Lost City on

Comments

• Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You have to realize people don't join PvP servers so they can have the joy of being PKed constantly when they're trying to grind/quest lol. PvP is mainly additional content that can be enjoyed when you're bored or when someone really pissed you off.

The good thing about PvP servers is that after a day of questing/grinding etc. you can go to areas like SP or west gate and fight people. People who are also there to fight others. That's fine. The bad thing is when you're out there killing mobs and someone 30-50 levels above you comes and 1 shots you. That's what annoys people.

A. There's really nothing they can do to defend themselves because these PKer only prey on people who are so much lower level than themselves.

B. It gets frustrating because they usually circle the area and come back and kill you again after 5 minutes making you waste time and pots or charm healing back up and flying back out there to try and finish your quest.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    LOL same thing in pve servers. people get killed and QQ even though they were the ones who went white name in the first place.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Selviant - Heavens Tear
    Selviant - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So True! LOL Or when they go into DT and QQ about dying :D Thats the best.
  • LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You have to realize people don't join PvP servers so they can have the joy of being PKed constantly when they're trying to grind/quest lol. PvP is mainly additional content that can be enjoyed when you're bored or when someone really pissed you off.

The good thing about PvP servers is that after a day of questing/grinding etc. you can go to areas like SP or west gate and fight people. People who are also there to fight others. That's fine. The bad thing is when you're out there killing mobs and someone 30-50 levels above you comes and 1 shots you. That's what annoys people.

A. There's really nothing they can do to defend themselves because these PKer only prey on people who are so much lower level than themselves.

B. It gets frustrating because they usually circle the area and come back and kill you again after 5 minutes making you waste time and pots or charm healing back up and flying back out there to try and finish your quest.
    I was one of those people who QQed after people pked me because I was doing something and thought it was rude or whatever. (This was months ago. Sure I do have my moments, however I'm human, and a female. I can get moody around the end of the month and the smallest thing can set me off)

Anyways as someone pointed out, if you don't QQ from sz or while dead or whatever the pker isn't going to pk you again. They'll leave you alone generally. However if you show any emotion of any kind, then you made yourself a target.

The point is that you should persevere and keep at it. Eventually you will get to be a higher level than them and kill them. :3 It's a good goal to look forward to at least.
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I never QQ after someone PKs me but that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed because I have to waste time and/or money healing back up and flying back out to where I was.

Also I'm probably never going to be higher level than them because except for a few rare exceptions, the people that do go around PKing are level 90+ usually 100 and have nothing else to do. I know this because not once has my 6x sin been able to stealth away from a PKer lol.

The best I can hope for is to be the same level as them and get a fair fight but by the time I get to 9x-10x, they've probably quit the game from boredom.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Last week I got my psy to lvl 32 and some how someone that hated me since archerss soul found out it was me and he pked me until my breaking point lol. I normally try to stay quiet when I die but even some one like me know when enough is enough :p so I sent a flurry of insults at him mostly about how small his **** is (lol)
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited June 2010
    Needless to say that didn't help my situation out at all but at least it provided some comic relief for both the killer and the victin (sorry for the double post)
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I would never squad with people in PK mode which wastes other people's time when we are trying to quest unless we are in instances /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    There is no such thing as "fail," "noob," "pro," "leet" or any of that in pk... There are no rules, honor, wrong way or right way in pk... Its just PK... Killed or be killed , Doesn't matter how many are doing it or what levels. Killing is killing plain and simple.
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    like yulk said, cept pvp is not pointless the people who complain need to get their heads outta there butts and learn that, if they dont wanna be killed, lvl up if some1 is pking them do a different quest, do u think all the higher lvls got there w/o being pked constantly?....NO ive got my sin to lvl 70 pked by tons of higher lvls, learn live it love it and grow some balls
    edited June 2010
    I can't even comprehend how many threads just like this were made.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Kyiamori QQs as much as anyone. I remember a certain world chat where you QQed about how a fail veno with nix took 4 hits to kill you.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Eventually you will get to be a higher level than them and kill them.

You should not have to wait until you are higher level than them, to pk them.

If they are idiots (and a lot of the red names are), you should have adequate opportunities to kill them.

If they are smart (and some of the red names are), you will have a bigger challenge.

But I disagree with Kyiamori -- PvP often is pointless.
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Kyiamori QQs as much as anyone. I remember a certain world chat where you QQed about how a fail veno with nix took 4 hits to kill you.

i dont remember that at all D: ur just lying
  • LunchLady - Harshlands
    LunchLady - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I personally try to not hit the same person twice. Once I've killed someone, I leave them alone. PKing is one thing but harassing is another.

As far as "I'm questing" reply, I can tell you that I remember when the game started US side and everyone watched their backs all the time and were ready for an attack at any moment.
    I used to "T" all the time when a green dot appeared, I don't think that (on HL) anyone does that anymore.

*shrug* and personally, I don't go pk in lowbie areas.
  • Jammies - Lost City
    Jammies - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Getting PKd normally doesnt bother me, but like LunchLady said theres a difference between PK and harassment. If youre trying to accomplish something (grind, quest, etc) but the same person repeatedly PKs you and you cant do anything about that, THAT is annoying. I also dislike it when they purposely kill my pet and it loses loyalty. I think something should be fixed so if your pet gets killed by a player it doesnt lose loyalty, just as if you get killed you dont lose EXP. Are there even any official rules in what is allowed in PK and what isnt? Such as quest blocking, abuse PK, etc.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    There is no such thing as "fail," "noob," "pro," "leet" or any of that in pk... There are no rules, honor, wrong way or right way in pk... Its just PK... Killed or be killed , Doesn't matter how many are doing it or what levels. Killing is killing plain and simple.

Me are "uber leet pro" at being a "fail noob".
    b:victory
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm coming after you hamsta!!1

I just gotta lvl my sin on LC first >.>.....He hits 80 and i'm coming for you !!!!!
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I personally try to not hit the same person twice. Once I've killed someone, I leave them alone. PKing is one thing but harassing is another.

As far as "I'm questing" reply, I can tell you that I remember when the game started US side and everyone watched their backs all the time and were ready for an attack at any moment.
    I used to "T" all the time when a green dot appeared, I don't think that (on HL) anyone does that anymore.

*shrug* and personally, I don't go pk in lowbie areas.

As you lvl I find that you get rpked by ppl 30+ lvls higher than u less often as ur questing takes u 2 places that aren't necessarily considered "easy kills"

Lol lunchlady u've pked me b4 and I still luv ur name LunchLady "Cafeteria" leader

IMO ppl complain to much about rpking, its rpking, RANDOM pking, dont take it personally or w/e just get on with life >:( If some jerk wont move from the area where ur questing, come bak l8r, or go kill the same mob in a different area (thats an option for most quests, some mobs r really only in one place tho =( )
    I'm coming after you hamsta!!1

I just gotta lvl my sin on LC first >.>.....He hits 80 and i'm coming for you !!!!!

run hamsta! At least then u wont have time 2 lvl ur HL altb:victory
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As you lvl I find that you get rpked by ppl 30+ lvls higher than u less often as ur questing takes u 2 places that aren't necessarily considered "easy kills"

Lol lunchlady u've pked me b4 and I still luv ur name LunchLady "Cafeteria" leader

IMO ppl complain to much about rpking, its rpking, RANDOM pking, dont take it personally or w/e just get on with life >:( If some jerk wont move from the area where ur questing, come bak l8r, or go kill the same mob in a different area (thats an option for most quests, some mobs r really only in one place tho =( )

run hamsta! At least then u wont have time 2 lvl ur HL altb:victory

LC = 32

HL = 6

If it wasn't for the fact i'm gonna be on vacation for an unset amount of time i'd lvl'd my HL to 70 in a few days.

And my LC would be about 80 in a few weeks.
  • Jaufree - Sanctuary
    Jaufree - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vart
    vart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

everytime u pk somebody they say YOU CHEATED CAUSE U HAVE A CHARM or somthing stupid, when i get pk'd after a good fight i try to say gf, cause usually thats what it is, a good fight. people are so funny some timesb:laugh
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    When you get camped, or things like marriage quest get camped by PKers it does get annoying. LC is so full of 100+ players who roam the map looking for prey, I'm not sure how anybody there levels anymore without some sort of body guard entourage.

On a PvE server, at least you go blue named once a day to MQ, kill mobs, etc. Then you can go back to white and join the other three people who go white-name. b:chuckle This is, of course, the problem with PvE servers. Not enough people participate in PK to make it fun, since cash-shopped BM's own the heavies and sins own the robes.

I have an easy solution though. If you PK somebody far below your own level (10 levels?) then instead of adding hours it subtracts hours. If a 101 PK's a level 30, they should get 60 hours subtracted. Since so many pk'ers (myself included) compete for the most hours, this would be a huge deterrent to killing low levels.

As it stands now, it's just funny to one-shot level 70's and below. b:shutup