Demon Magic Shell

DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Cleric
Just got this yesterday and...it overwrites :O
Not sure why no one's mentioned anything yet; maybe it was fixed in the latest patch? Maybe it's so obvious that no one bothered to write about it and I'm a complete idiot? Maybe no one noticed? Not sure if it's because of demon or not, but I thought this was worth sharing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
Post edited by DeathBanana - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    what? b:question
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Huh? Slight clarifications needed? b:shutup

Earlier the buff kept wearing off while I was helping a random TT squad. I still don't think it's functioning properly.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This definitely has to be tested. If it is fixed then it might mean we are getting more bug fixes in the future.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    By overwrites I mean if you cast another Magic Shell, the buff will refresh...it's hard to explain in words.

Haven't tested with the squad buffs, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    blasphemy, and here I was thinking bugged magic shell was going to be a forever sustained tradition
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    =o

thats cool
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited July 2010
    Anyone want to test for lvl 10?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Done a few nirvanas earlier; lvl10 and squad versions are still bugged.

Got my hopes up too lmao.
    b:dirty
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So anyone else can confirm that it overwrites like other buffs?

I've gotten demon vanguard and thought that demon magic shell would be a waste of money so I didnt get it b:surrender
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have it but haven't logged my account in 2 months or so lol. I'll check, will post results.
  • Calindil - Heavens Tear
    Calindil - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The sage version of Magic Shell (which I have) lasts a full hour but doesn't overwrite. My question therefore is: could demon Magic Shell possibly be the same deal? Over how long a period of time did you test it? Like, if you cast it the first time, then recast it 15 minutes later, and observe at the half hour mark that the buff is still active, then one could wrongly conclude that the second cast overwrote the first, if you assumed a half hour duration. You'd have to wait for an hour after you first cast it to see whether or not it overwrote.

In any case I'd be interested to hear more details about how you tested it, and what the outcome is based on an assumed 1 hour duration (though I can't really see why the demon version would exclusively have the ability to overwrite, but who knows lol).

Edit: just wanted to add to the discussion - is it common knowledge that single target lv11 buffs last an hour? I only have Vanguard and Magic Shell, but they both definitely last an hour, even though the text description still says 30 minutes. Just it's not something I've ever seen any discussion on, so I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on this subject.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As I said before, mine are still bugged with [demon] magic shell.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited July 2010
    The sage version of Magic Shell (which I have) lasts a full hour but doesn't overwrite. My question therefore is: could demon Magic Shell possibly be the same deal? Over how long a period of time did you test it? Like, if you cast it the first time, then recast it 15 minutes later, and observe at the half hour mark that the buff is still active, then one could wrongly conclude that the second cast overwrote the first, if you assumed a half hour duration. You'd have to wait for an hour after you first cast it to see whether or not it overwrote.

In any case I'd be interested to hear more details about how you tested it, and what the outcome is based on an assumed 1 hour duration (though I can't really see why the demon version would exclusively have the ability to overwrite, but who knows lol).

Edit: just wanted to add to the discussion - is it common knowledge that single target lv11 buffs last an hour? I only have Vanguard and Magic Shell, but they both definitely last an hour, even though the text description still says 30 minutes. Just it's not something I've ever seen any discussion on, so I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on this subject.

...I think this is right b:surrender
    All buffs but magic shell ran out a while ago just now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric