Dwarves, Dwarves, and more Dwarves, NEW RACE!

Options
AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
So I got a little bored today, and thought, why not and try to create a new race, well here it is, it's not finished yet, but here is what I have so far :).

Dwarves Introduction:

An ancient race inhabiting the endless mountain ranges, from the northern stretches of Volcanic Purgatory to the southern reaches of Black Mountain. This intelligent race are skilled with their technology, and uses this to their advantage at any given moment. Great stone cities were carved out of the mountainside, with the grandest of them all, Ghrandur, their capitol city, resting below the mountains of Swiftwind. Heaps of riches and minerals from all over the mines across bring magnificence into their land, leaving much of the outside visitors in awe and amazement. Today much of what was, are now in ruins, with much of the mountains and mines running dry, the dwarven legacy is at a decline. However, hope rekindles in the furnaces of Ghrandur, and the rusted anvils of Theasbran may once shine again. Will you be the hero that reawakens this race?

2 Classes:

Miner (Melee Class/Secondary Tank)

Dwarven Druid (Magic Class)

Miner:

Skillful dwarves who are not hesitant to use their handy pickaxes for other motives. Crafts, vigilant and always on the move, Miners bring devastating attacks to the enemy at close range, smashing opposing forces. However, Miners also possess a very useful passive skill, perfected by only the most skilled in their class, which allows them to reap additional benefits when using their pickaxe to gather materials.

Initial stats:

Hp: 60
Mp: 25

Dwarven Druid:

These ancient sorcerers spent millenniums in the shadows of the mountains, constantly seeking new ways to grow stronger and wiser. Eventually, they mastered the technique to control the rocks around them, molding them into weapons, armor, and even animate objects to aid them in their pursuits. However, due to the highly difficult training and the time required to master the technique, only a select few remains in the world today.

Hp: 50
Mp: 50

Miner Skills:

Rock Smash: a strong smash with your pickaxe, basic physical attack.

Rock Pierce:
a quick and devastating thrust with your pickaxe, basic physical attack, causes target to bleed.

Rock Slide: causes nearby rocks to collapse and trap your enemy, slows down target, earth damage.

Rock Shield:
harnesses the sturdiness of rocks, raises physical defense.

Rock Pit: causes your target to fall into a hole you dug, immobilizes target.

Rock Fragment: hits your target quickly with multitude of projectiles, multiple hits, requires one spark.

Pickaxe Mastery: mastery of the legendary pickaxe, grants bonus weapon damage.

Swinging Frenzy:
invigorated by battle, swings pickaxe wildly, deals massive physical damage to nearby targets, has chance to lower own HP.

Axe Cleave:
gathers enormous power and smashes a target, physical damage + stun

Earth Walk: long interactions with the land has granted Dwarves quicker pace, increases movement speed over land

Blacksmith Mastery: very handy with tools, Dwarves are masters at making and fixing weapons; repairs involving weapons are reduced

Armor Mastery: very handy with tools, Dwarves are masters at making and fixing armor; repairs involing armor are reduced

Earthquake: smashes the ground with a tremendous blow, AoE earth damage to all targets within range. Requires 2 sparks

Rock Vigor: grants the Dwarves the toughness of the rocks, immune to movement debuffs.

Cave-In: causes rocks to fall onto targets, AoE physical damage to all targets within range.

Mud-Slide:
mixing water and rocks, creates a mudslide that slows the enemy drastically and causes earth damage over time.
Post edited by AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reserved for further use....
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    forsaken world, pw's yet to be released game has dwarves in it. also vampires and bards but who cares?
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    as i stated before, just for fun, not meant to be taken seriously
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    forsaken world, pw's yet to be released game has dwarves in it. also vampires and bards but who cares?

That be correct, there already be hamsters running around in your Forsaken Worlds.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    but these lil dwarves are for PWI b:pleased
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    =.= thats not a hamster, tats hamsta b:angry

anyway hamsta going to roll dwarf? those girl dwarf looks very cute b:dirty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lil dwarf girls that wacks their dates in the crotch with their hammers if they dont behave b:chuckle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    =.= thats not a hamster, tats hamsta b:angry

anyway hamsta going to roll dwarf? those girl dwarf looks very cute b:dirty

Me going to roll.
    *rolling rolling rolling*

xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Me going to troll.
    *trolling trolling trolling*

xD

fixed for you b:victory

and nice idea about the dwarven druid but i think dwarfs are commonly described as a not very bright species.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleb:laugh the drunk hamsta lmfao
    edited July 2010
    Options
    fixed for you b:victory

and nice idea about the dwarven druid but i think dwarfs are commonly described as a not very bright species.

Who said druids has to be smart?
    b:chuckle

*waits until FW open beta*
    It be fun but me don't like being erased....twice.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    which is why it took them thousands of years to figure out how to control rocks when venomancers took a few blinks to figure out how to tame pets b:laugh
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Should be nice have the dwarves as new race, are a must for a fantasy game. The only thing i would change is the magical class: i see the "alchemist" more suited than the "druid", but the rest is fine b:victory
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dwarven Chemists, with Nerd Mastery to increase damage, aha GENIUS! b:chuckleb:laugh
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think its an awesome idea AngleSnipe! Dwarves would be an awesome race b:laugh Keep up the good work.
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Skillful dwarves who are not hesitant to use their handy pickaxes for other motives. Crafts, vigilant and always on the move, Miners bring devastating attacks to the enemy at close range, smashing opposing forces. However, Miners also possess a very useful passive skill, perfected by only the most skilled in their class, which allows them to reap additional benefits when using their pickaxe to gather materials.

Reminds me of the pickaxe thread from a few days ago b:chuckle
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah, that's kind of been suggested before.

Honestly, I kind of doubt they'd do a race that would be shorter, taller, wider, and/or longer than the existing races, but that's just a guess on my part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damnit, Angle/Meat/Coco, whatever the hell you name yourself, spend your time leveling up your char so your app wont be denied the third time you apply to Narla b:angry
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Take this pro AngleSnipe into your faction rob, it's over 75+, oh wait...wrong server b:cry
  • OOViolatorOo - Harshlands
    OOViolatorOo - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lmao... this class is right down to the T ... even the mining... on an MMORPG that I played before PWI. Nice try dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAXmnjjolNc

Fun dwarf vid.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lmao... this class is right down to the T ... even the mining... on an MMORPG that I played before PWI. Nice try dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAXmnjjolNc

Fun dwarf vid.

Maybe that's because most of us has the same views on dwarves....miners...armor/blacksmith....if you say I copied this somewhere, then gtfo lol
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bear-how-about-no-wj9.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OOViolatorOo - Harshlands
    OOViolatorOo - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    YAWN! Zzzzzzzzzz
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe that's because most of us has the same views on dwarves....miners...armor/blacksmith....if you say I copied this somewhere, then gtfo lol

LOL @ gtfo for someone calling you out on this is funny. Its not like you came up with an original idea or anything....just LOLb:chuckle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    are the skills unoriginal? o.O
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    are the skills unoriginal? o.O
    Pretty muchb:angry
  • Atramoria - Dreamweaver
    Atramoria - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no support simply because pwi is getting dangerously close to WoW in expansions, only.. backwards. :P water instead of the fire for cataclysm.