Beast King's Inspiration .. demon/sage

Options
vbarbie
vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
So wich one is better for a Good Tanker??

Sage or Demon ? Post on.
Post edited by vbarbie on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Should be in the Barb section of the forums...

But are you going to base your culti on one skill? O.o

Sage = 1hr

Demon = Chi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Doesn't really matter. It's kinda like demon/sage revive for clerics, sure the channel/range can be nice but the main reason people get it is for the added base effect. Demon gives 35 chi to yourself and 25 to the squad, sage lasts for twice as long, both of which aren't really that good. People get it for the extra 5% max hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    as said above most get it for the extra hp. imo demon barb can hold aggro better cause no dmg reduction how ever sage will have more hp/def but does have dmg reduction.

if u want more hp+def u go sage but ur dmg in tiger will be low wich means u kill mobs faster in normal form where u got less hp and defence and ull take more dmg. for a demon its the same att in tiger as in normal form so u can use the extra hp+def from tiger to take less dmg and kinda still have the same kill speed as in normal form.

i use on group of mobs i lure a sunder+beastial rage in tiger form to use arma+ToP genie skill+slam/swell in normal form combo to kill them fast and it works pretty well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    IMO demon is better unless if you're pulling catas. Any other situation then the extra 1k max hp in true form isn't really game breaking, I've never really been in a situation where I feel like 1k max hp would have chaned anything. The extra 40% pdef from shapeshifting intensity will only give the difference between 81% dmg reduction and 83% lol. Sage gives more survivability but... is it needed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    IMO demon is better unless if you're pulling catas. Any other situation then the extra 1k max hp in true form isn't really game breaking, I've never really been in a situation where I feel like 1k max hp would have chaned anything. The extra 40% pdef from shapeshifting intensity will only give the difference between 81% dmg reduction and 83% lol. Sage gives more survivability but... is it needed?

I could not have said it any better.

1 hr. vs 35 chi every 3 sec.

You can get 2 sparks in few seconds, really useful in TW, PvP and PvE for you and your squad. Only downside it costs 495 mana b:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Demon wins. A demon barb with lvl 11 can build chi for the whole party. I think demon version is an amazing skill.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The extra 40% pdef from shapeshifting intensity will only give the difference between 81% dmg reduction and 83% lol. Sage gives more survivability but... is it needed?

taking 17% damage vs 19% damage is taking 10% less damage overall, not so lol
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have demon hp buff and am frequently squaded with a buddy of mine that has demon ironheart (which restores mp in addition to hp.) Before we start anything (or after a boss, etc.), he spams ironheart on me and I use demon hp buff to give the whole party full sparks. It's a great combo (and costs me no pots b:chuckle)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Really the only time sage is useful is if someone wants to solo an instance (that isn't a barb ofc) and wants to get buffed before going in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    taking 17% damage vs 19% damage is taking 10% less damage overall, not so lol
    ^^

Although many ppl probably just look at numbers and don't bother with mathematics. I'm pretty sure, though, if you gave them a 10% reduction with a blessing or something, they would be like "omfg that's awesome!!!one1!" b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if you gave them a 10% reduction with a blessing or something, they would be like "omfg that's awesome!!!one1!" b:cute

Umm... how many people actually forget to equip their instance blessings when they WERE around? There were only 2 bosses where I could actually notice that I was taking more damage. Otherwise it didn't make much of a difference. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.