scared sins?

Options
emmo321
emmo321 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Assassin
Ok yesterday i finished my fb51 with a nice squad. There was a lvl 81 sin with us. So we started clear the way and i noticed the sin is just following and didnt attack a single time.
we cleared our way to the last boss (sin didnt attack a single time yet) In boss fight i asked him why he dont want to join the fight and help the others...and he answered: I would die if I get close
I just thought WTF!!! you just watched us fighting the whole dungeon just because you think you would die??? you are lvl 81! Why are you even here?

So i started to ask myself: Are sins this useless in squads? Will I be this scared to die when i hit higher lvls, so i just stand around and watch others doing their job?

Pls take those thoughts out of my mind...tell me that sins are not that useless.b:sad
Post edited by emmo321 on

Comments

• skinneh
    skinneh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sounds like it was just a fail sin to me, in a squad at the very least at the boss he should've got up there and ribstriked it to lower the atk speed during the run he should be doing some minor crowd control with immobilize and sleep and stuns and taking out 1 mob at a time. I can understand being scared cause sins are pretty squishy, but at that lvl he just sounds fail.
  • TaiFeng - Sanctuary
    TaiFeng - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm a pure dex sin (4 dex 1 str), and I'm never like that in squads. I'm a level lower but in 51 I can tank Fushma and Rankar with a cleric very easily. I haven't tried tanking wyvern, but I would certainly join in on the fight. I agree with the above poster in that it sounds like this sin just did not know what he/she was doing. Perhaps they had low level gear still or simply did not know how to play the character. 81 Sin should have very little trouble in 51.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The power to protect those around you, just by being there. This is the strength of a Guardian.
  • Damiclius - Sanctuary
    Damiclius - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm a pure dex sin (4 dex 1 str), and I'm never like that in squads. I'm a level lower but in 51 I can tank Fushma and Rankar with a cleric very easily. I haven't tried tanking wyvern, but I would certainly join in on the fight. I agree with the above poster in that it sounds like this sin just did not know what he/she was doing. Perhaps they had low level gear still or simply did not know how to play the character. 81 Sin should have very little trouble in 51.

I just went into 51 and killed Fushma with a level 27 cleric.. You had a failsin.
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    Vyrra - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow.... that sin fails sooooooo hard, i want to laugh but i cant :P at lvl 60 i could tank ranker AND fushma (with a good cleric) so yes you will not be that useless... that guy was just an idiot.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    that sin was pure fail imo

I'm the opposite I had to take pulls in a barbless FC because BM was scared :P
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    that sin was pure fail imo

I'm the opposite I had to take pulls in a barbless FC because BM was scared :P

XDDDD thats so funny. ive yet to run into a barb or bm like that. i guess ive been lucky so far lol.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea sins r very underpowered, yea
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options

ummm what the hell are you talking about?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ummm what the hell are you talking about?

According to Lingzi, now that we can't Triple Spark in Stealth, Sins are worse than lvl 1 Clerics at survivability.

tl;dr Lingzi is QQing and disregard him, he cucks socks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A leech or a scaredy cat? You choose!

I mean, lv 81, even as a support unit, he could have done something... But not even killing instance mobs surely means something, right?
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    According to Lingzi, now that we can't Triple Spark in Stealth, Sins are worse than lvl 1 Clerics at survivability.

tl;dr Lingzi is QQing and disregard him, he cucks socks.

ohhhhh so now that we're not completely OP she thinks we're weak. lol that makes perfect sense :P (sarcasm) lol
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

For the last time.. YOUR NOT UNDERPOWERED!. :P

Seriously, Chill of the deep + Event blessing + Double spark + stealth = death ijs.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Level 51 dungeon mobs scare the living poopies out of me b:shocked
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol, a single sin on BH/FB can kill60% of the mobs (counting the total damage dealt) just spammiong spark... the sin that u described is just a noob...

PS: a lvl6x sin can tank fushma very easyb:victory
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ...Wtf kind of sin is that.
    Sins are not useless in squads.
    As a matter of fact we're amazing DDs.

To explain why the sin wasnt attacking the boss is because he/she probably didnt want to take aggro. So I guess they waited it out till it was for sure aggroed to your tank.

But as for clearing some of the cave mobs, I can't explain why they werent helping.
    Lol.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What was he doing there then? Healing the squad? Mental support? He might as well just gtfo of the dungeon. You'd think he would get bored of just following a squad and watching them kill...

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he should be able to solo FB 51 since he can't purify with triple spark yet but he should've been able to tank it with very little effort from any Cleric.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Level 51 dungeon mobs scare the living poopies out of me b:shocked

I sympathesize, 51 IS evil.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options

umm im pretty sure he was being sarcastic. i could be wrong though.... lol 51 was so easy, 39 sucked because of the exploding mobs, but that was it.
  • Lola_Frost - Sanctuary
    Lola_Frost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    o.o wow... if i was him id have been TRYING to take aggro XD b:sin not hiding, but im a crazy sin, so yah <-< ,
    seriously though, you aren't a sin hiding behind someone else the entire time, do what the class is meant to do--> DD just pay attention to what you're doing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Wife of Chizburger b:cute
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

only in fail squadsb:surrender

now on Topic

a level 82 sin hiding from mobs wow lol i wouldnt do that if i were him/her at that point i should be able to solo those mobs quite easily because i can already take fb51 mobs buffed 1 by 1 solo on my barb(done it when my entire squad needed to turn in bhb:surrender)
    so i doubt an 8x sin would be worse then my barb in killing mobs lol
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *right click on name in squad list*

Sure you're not going to help out and kill these mobs and bosses?

No, they'sa a scawy mwonsters.

*left click on 'kick from squad'.. Type '.|..' in common chat, and continue along*
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i can tank all the bosses in FF the only boss i need a cleric for is the pole like boss. Last cleric was dding the bosses b:laugh. The best part is when we get a new cleric for a new run the cleric is like wtf when we kill the bosses with 2~3 sins and bm spamming dragons.

In fb99 cave ppl did not want to let me tank b:cry so at last boss i sparked and made the cleric heal me, the barb cant even get agro back and the boss dropped b:bye
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    emmo321 wrote: »
    Ok yesterday i finished my fb51 with a nice squad. There was a lvl 81 sin with us. So we started clear the way and i noticed the sin is just following and didnt attack a single time.
    we cleared our way to the last boss (sin didnt attack a single time yet) In boss fight i asked him why he dont want to join the fight and help the others...and he answered: I would die if I get close
    I just thought WTF!!! you just watched us fighting the whole dungeon just because you think you would die??? you are lvl 81! Why are you even here?

So i started to ask myself: Are sins this useless in squads? Will I be this scared to die when i hit higher lvls, so i just stand around and watch others doing their job?

Pls take those thoughts out of my mind...tell me that sins are not that useless.b:sad

he dont die that easy.. its more like " i am semi afk lazy ****" and not class problem.
  • QueenBii - Heavens Tear
    QueenBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i know what that sin feels like when i have to solo nirvana on my sin with my full set of DoT and my 4.9k hp with max interval with no cleric around or sittin afk at some corner b:laugh

But yeah at lvl 81 i was soloin my FB 79 b:bye
  • YouTiao - Heavens Tear
    YouTiao - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sound like a fail sin to me too...
    My friend at lvl 75-80, with his useless armor (which max is 1-2 gold, and the rest is 1-2*) he can tank from fushma, to Rankar, to Wyvern... And without a cleric at all... He's a pure DEX sin though, which min or dagger, and the rest on DEX... which makes him unable to wear armor?
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hmmm honestly i was either high 7x or low 8x and i think i helped with an fb51 once where as i couldnt tank rankar -_- because of no barb/bm were there or their buffs but the other sin near my lvl could, because he had alot more vit, but then again i wasn't too much of an impressive sin back then..

..... one thing i will say is that, that sin is a ... well.. like everyone said.. A FAIL!!!
    he should be taking out mobs at the very least, not watching. if the cleric knows how to play his/her class, they should be able to keep whole squad alive during aoe boss's or atleast buy a bow to dd from range

also * he should know that any form of spark , preferably 2x spark will resist the boss's aoe
    each time the boss does it