Glacial Walker or Crystallize Magmite?

KevinSkrder - Heavens Tear
KevinSkrder - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
Hi, I'm getting close to the level in which I can use these pets but I cant decide which is better for me. I need help deciding :p. Which of them is better for handling multiples mobs?
Which does more damage? Ty =)
Post edited by KevinSkrder - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    walker has more HP and mroe magical defense. only a LITTLE less attack and a little less p.def... not noticable though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Either is good, though I'd say the Walker is a bit more well-rounded. PLus, I think Walkers look cooler.

But a word on holding multiple mobs at once: If there is more than one mob aggroed on your pet, MAKE SURE the pet hits each of them at least once. This ensures that the pet will hold aggro on all of the mobs. Otherwise, when you heal your pet, the extra mobs (ones that have not been hit) will run at YOU.

That said, neither the Walker nor the Magmite is essential, though they are among the best tankers. I've been using a Quadrastral Beetle for many situations, and it has worked just fine.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    But a word on holding multiple mobs at once: If there is more than one mob aggroed on your pet, MAKE SURE the pet hits each of them at least once. This ensures that the pet will hold aggro on all of the mobs. Otherwise, when you heal your pet, the extra mobs (ones that have not been hit) will run at YOU.

Then make sure each mob is hit with bash (or icicle, or whatever aggro skill(s) your pet has) at least once, or your heal will eventually overpower the little hate a normal hit will generate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • KevinSkrder - Heavens Tear
    KevinSkrder - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks all who replied :) b:bye
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Magmite!

Why?

Because it looks so much cooler and more badass!

FIGHT DA POWAH!

(but yeah, Glacial Walker is better b:sad)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Magmite!

Why?

Because it looks so much cooler and more badass!

Pff, Walker has shoulder spikes and blue flames.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the walker pulls its head off to shake the dust out. b:chuckle what does the magmite do to make you lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    the walker pulls its head off to shake the dust out. b:chuckle what does the magmite do to make you lol?

I haven't seen that! I bet it's awesome. b:laugh
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like 'em both. The Walker, it seems to me, needs less healing in most cases. Though the Magmite seems to make quicker work of the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Moo - Lost City
    Moo - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I love magmites.
    cept I use walker, cos it has better skills and is just betterb:sad
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    actually i like the way magmites look mroe than walkers, but i still use a walker for the more hp ... magmites face kinda looks like a kitty face to mee with the pointy ears XD walkers face is just ugly ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Jammies - Lost City
    Jammies - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think Magmites have a more classic look, theyre old school. But I love my glacial walker. When he takes his head off it looks like hes hugging me which I find adorable. xD
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I love magmites.
    cept I use walker, cos it has better skills and is just betterb:sad

Yes, I love how they interfere with my targeting in places like FB51 where I could normally just AoE and pick off the non halted ones before they can reach me. They can actually slow down the clearing process.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    he takes his head off, and rattles it like a dice, to see if his wits are still installed! and when you kill them they collapse into a pile of ice cubes! ^_^ magmites are just piles of rocks. i have both, and use both, but i dont really like either. i have an armoured bear that seems to be tougher, though i admit i havent leveled my walker up yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Jammies - Lost City
    Jammies - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    and when you kill them they collapse into a pile of ice cubes!.
    I love that. :D I dont love when he dies but the way he dies is just so awesome. I wish my character did something humorous like that when she died. She just kind of flops over. D;