3x xp

Jesya - Lost City
Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
errr post doesn't say when it starts.... anyone know?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=77891
b:bye
Post edited by Jesya - Lost City on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I assume that the 3x exp is same like Zen promo then:

Exciting news, everyone! In celebration of Independence Day, we are launching a huge Bonus ZEN event! Between Friday, July 2nd at 11:00AM (PDT) and July 4th at 11:59PM (PDT), any time you purchase ZEN, you will be credited an additional 15% Bonus ZEN!

If you scroll down then becomes to talk about with:

But that's not all, we are also having....

3X EXP this weekend!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Of all the stupid **** they have put in this game, now 3x weekends....ffs

Another reason to extend breaks from the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    . . .

Why, ffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3X EXP this weekend!
    As an added bonus for this 4th of July weekend we will be upgrading our event to a 3x EXP event! Yep, you heard it right, 3x EXP! So get out there and do your BH's, FC's, WQ's, TT's, and anything else you can think of to take advantage of this special time!

I loled. Do the people in charge realize these dailies don't get affected by EXP modifiers?

Derrr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    . . .

Why, ffs?

Because if every player is not level 100 the servers will blow up for lack of: "We are level 100+ with nothing to do" QQ..

ffs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wow RED rose , just because your lvl 100+ with nothing to do that doesnt mean that 3x exp is bad for the whole bunch of players.. Do us all noobs a favor and leave the game you already won SO >> GTFO .. go play something else to give sense to your sad life again. Yes you REAding right.. GTFO you won already.. leave US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO!! move on GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! out of our faces
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3x exp is in effect......RIGHT NOW! My exp gain has gone up even further.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    LOL see?

I said they will try 3x exp and spirit in a previous thread.

Good thing I was wrong on the 3x drop rate.....for now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    HAHA I thought this was a joke thread, or the all too familiar begging for 3x events or something.

Well, it still is sort of a joke b:cry
  • Grannus - Harshlands
    Grannus - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    zelts wrote: »
    Wow RED rose , just because your lvl 100+ with nothing to do that doesnt mean that 3x exp is bad for the whole bunch of players.. Do us all noobs a favor and leave the game you already won SO >> GTFO .. go play something else to give sense to your sad life again. Yes you REAding right.. GTFO you won already.. leave US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO!! move on GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! out of our faces

Well, here we go...

5.gif

brb - going to make some popcorn...
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    not a joke but will certainly get my 4x noobs leveled faster b:pleased
    b:bye
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3x exp, is not necessary, ever. If you aren't leveling fast enough with 2x exp and hyper stones, go play a private server. There is no reason to make people level faster than they do already.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sort of agreed in half.

I'm tired of those "elitist" ones on old servers like HT and LC who are "jealous" in a way many things are easier to do now (like leveling up). Devs always try to add content that can be explored by new players on new servers as well as old ones, not just a couple of elitist ones that most of time even quit anyway.

Sheesh you guys really should play other MMOs with much more updates and increasing level caps, to see how it is when an expansion comes out and all you farmed for is WORTHLESS cuz even normal quest rewards for the new level range gives better stuff. "old" stuff gets a lot easier while they add new stuff to provide challenge, for old and newer players alike.

World changes, you should adapt, and this way most devs do makes it so that new players can enjoy the new content as well and not waste time only on the old one (just because it took ages before when it was the "last" content). An analogy with here would be Nirvana and it needing level 100+, you do realize devs wanted the peeps on Archosaur server to also get Nirvana, if not even full, sets? And this in a reasonable time frame, not after PWI shuts down of course.

So anyway adapt or QQ more and leave if you want, this is one of the most "static" MMOs I ever played to be honest you are actually lucky it favors the "old" ones much more than other good MMOs when an expansion/big update comes.

Anyway this was as a basic answer to how "easier" are stuff now, not necessarily 3x. Since 3x is **** with hypers anyway... it won't really change that much.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I knew people were gonna start barking about this lol. I didn't even notice that it was a 3x xp weekend until I checked the site.

I love all this stuff they bringing in lol.

But I'm really looking forward to whenever they fill those "Upcoming" areas.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Of all the stupid **** they have put in this game, now 3x weekends....ffs

Another reason to extend breaks from the game...

3x Weekends? I thought the web site said weekend, meaning it's just for this weekend? Or did I miss something? b:puzzled
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pffft 3x? This game is nothing more than a race to level...
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sort of agreed in half.

I'm tired of those "elitist" ones on old servers like HT and LC who are "jealous" in a way many things are easier to do now (like leveling up). Devs always try to add content that can be explored by new players on new servers as well as old ones, not just a couple of elitist ones that most of time even quit anyway.

Sheesh you guys really should play other MMOs with much more updates and increasing level caps, to see how it is when an expansion comes out and all you farmed for is WORTHLESS cuz even normal quest rewards for the new level range gives better stuff. "old" stuff gets a lot easier while they add new stuff to provide challenge, for old and newer players alike.

World changes, you should adapt, and this way most devs do makes it so that new players can enjoy the new content as well and not waste time only on the old one (just because it took ages before when it was the "last" content). An analogy with here would be Nirvana and it needing level 100+, you do realize devs wanted the peeps on Archosaur server to also get Nirvana, if not even full, sets? And this in a reasonable time frame, not after PWI shuts down of course.

So anyway adapt or QQ more and leave if you want, this is one of the most "static" MMOs I ever played to be honest you are actually lucky it favors the "old" ones much more than other good MMOs when an expansion/big update comes.

Anyway this was as a basic answer to how "easier" are stuff now, not necessarily 3x. Since 3x is **** with hypers anyway... it won't really change that much.

Hitting level 100 is supposed to be a challenge.
    It's not anymore.

Doing frost is supposed to be a challenge.
    It's not anymore.

Doing Lunar is supposed to be a challenge.
    It's not anymore.

Nirvana was supposed to be challenging.
    I'd wager it's not.

This game used to be challenging.
    It's not anymore.

The only real challenges I experience are:

Trying to jump down a hill without glitching back up to the top.
    Trying not to steal aggro from a "OK gaiz, brb! *tanks boss in human form with normal attacks with axes*" barb.

So where's the new challenging stuff you said they added? I don't see any challenge anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ....well at least it's not x3 drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Being level 100 is supposed to be a challenge.
    It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

I'd wager it's not.

It's not anymore.

The only real challenge I experience is trying to jump down a hill without glitching back up to the top.

So where's the new challenging stuff you said they added? I don't see any challenge anywhere.

Is a challenge if you are NOT a gold customer and you gain stuff via in-game working hard.
    Im playing since a lot and Im not lv100 till because I learned and Im learning how to play this game and do instances, no just level up! and FYI the cap level now is 105 then is a challenge hit into lv105
    Also this 3x exp weekend help the people that cant afford Hyper stones be more balance leveling just farming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Mahn - Sanctuary
    Mahn - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

I'd wager it's not.

It's not anymore.

Trying not to steal aggro from a "OK gaiz, brb! *tanks boss in human form with normal attacks with axes*" barb.

Spot on. +1
    Is a challenge if you are NOT a gold customer and you gain stuff via in-game working hard.
    Im playing since a lot and Im not lv100 till because I learned and Im learning how to play this game and do instances, no just level up! and FYI the cap level now is 105 then is a challenge hit into lv105
    Also this 3x exp weekend help the people that cant afford Hyper stones be more balance leveling just farming

You should have learned your class by lvl 40, not 90.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

It's not anymore.

I'd wager it's not.

It's not anymore.

Trying to get past the credit limit on the Visa/Master card.

New Challenge! XD
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited July 2010

I don't charge zen, and I don't find this game taxing at all on my cognitive resources. It doesn't require time, nor effort, nor smarts to excel at. It just requires...well nothing. (edit: okay I lied, maybe a credit card)

If this game, as you say, isn't all about levelling up, then I don't see why you would compare yourself to hyper stone users. You should be happy to level at your own 1x exp pace, no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Well since Nirvana is the end game instance atm it should be the challenging one... if it's not then I agree there it's their fault for making it so easy.

Also note... when you talk about it being easy, think from an average geared player... if you're one of those with +10 armor and stuff then of course there's no challenge for you... your "fault" not game's lol
    Quit.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No, it's not.

I'll be 100 within a few days, I can honestly say I didn't try, just a few FC runs every now and then. Hypers are cheap, 2mil for 5 of them and they will last you FOREVER. I use maybe 2-3 minutes of hyper now per FC. Last 5 hypers I bought took me from 91 to 95 and the only other thing I did to level was cube.

FC itself is a joke, if I get below 50% hp it's because I used arma.

Lunar is a joke, hardest part is being able to sacrifice 3mil.

Kinda bad when the hardest part of a game is getting the coins to buy gold.

Although I have found delta to be rather challenging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Spot on. +1
    You should have learned your class by lvl 40, not 90.

I learned how to play my class many time ago, im not that kind of noob who just leveled faster and dont know how to do isntances and other issues thats the difference between me and another lv100+ noob veno or class
    I don't charge zen, and I don't find this game taxing at all on my cognitive resources. It doesn't require time, nor effort, nor smarts to excel at. It just requires...well nothing. (edit: okay I lied, maybe a credit card)

If this game, as you say, isn't all about levelling up, then I don't see why you would compare yourself to hyper stone users. You should be happy to level at your own 1x exp pace, no?

Then WTH are you playing? If this game has NOTHING you are wasting your time here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Well since Nirvana is the end game instance atm it should be the challenging one... if it's not then I agree there it's their fault for making it so easy.

Also note... when you talk about it being easy, think from an average geared player... if you're one of those with +10 armor and stuff then of course there's no challenge for you... your "fault" not game's lol

My gear is +3. I'd say I'm pretty average, maybe even below.

Then WTH are you playing? If this game has NOTHING you are wasting your time here

I have goals for myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhenton - Archosaur
    Rhenton - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm tired of those "elitist" ones on old servers like HT and LC who are "jealous" in a way many things are easier to do now (like leveling up).

I'm not an "elitist", and I'm not from an old server. I still think x3 exp is a bad idea.
    The ways to get exp ingame just keep growing.

I hear two different sides of the argument alot when i lurk on the forums.

1. Is the oldschool players, Who think the super mega exp-stravganza is detrimental to the game

2. Is the new school players who want to reach end game and PK and TW and do all of the higher level instances

This is my opinion

I dont think the oldschoolers are jealous. I think they are experienced. From my view they are trying to say "enjoy the ride, dont just rush to endgame to be bored. Take your time, learn your class and have fun."
    Devs always try to add content that can be explored by new players on new servers as well as old ones, not just a couple of elitist ones that most of time even quit anyway.

Content as a whole is good, a game without content...is well...boring.
    I stopped playing consoles because i got sick of spending $60 on a game to beat it 4 days later and never pick it up again. I myself wouldnt consider x3 exp "new content"

I dont want to play PWI for a month and get bored, I want to have fun and experience the game for what it was created for........fun....i know right? When i first made this toon i was in a rush to level. I was like quests! BHs! crazy stone! hypers! gotta get it done so i can compete with everyone else! but after a while.....doing that lost its luster, really fast. I would log on and do dailies, barely talk to my freinds. Rinse/repeat etc. So now im thinking about starting over fresh. (which is why im considering moving to a PVP server)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Forsakenx for the sig
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010

Hi Magic_Seeker b:cute

Its not about winning...but at least I am not the only one that thinks this is a lame idea b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Good or bad... I don't give a damn!

I'll make sure to enjoy this event...

If you don't like it, them just quit playin, less lag to me and to lot's people that really wanna play and stop crying like little girls, cause complaining or not, the server will aways be full and that is what they want.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    I'm not an "elitist", and I'm not from an old server. I still think x3 exp is a bad idea.
    Well I didn't say 3x exp was a good idea but I wouldn't consider it bad either because exp from mobs is kinda **** anyway without hypers and hypers only make it 14x instead of 12x... not a big deal.

My first comments were regarding the everyday "style" of posts of old members when devs add something to make the game easier, even if by a very tiny bit (as I said who cares for 3x exp from normal mobs without hypering... it's not 3x drops)
    Quit.