edited July 2010 in Barbarian
i need a good cata puller guild please
Post edited by Zyplor - Lost City on

Comments

• OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *shrugs* I haven't seen one around, actually maybe this thread could be the start of one. I haven't reached that stage myself yet so...
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hmm I'll give it a shot.

As cata-puller for TW, you are the main DD to the enemy crystal, also being the main target too. -.-

Things to have:
    -HP Charm, Gold or Plat.
    -Cata Scrolls, you can buy from the NPC in the TW instance. 20K per scroll
    -Apothecary Pots: White Tea, Iron-Guard, Vacuity Powders, are the main ones I tend to have if I am cata pulling.
    -Defense Blessing, from the School Teacher NPC daily.
    -Event Pots from Tokens of Luck.
    -Take money in case you need it, but there is a Banker NPC in TW anyways.

Your main goal is to take down towers, binding posts, and the opponent's HQ Crystal.

Try to be alive and carry about...2-3 gold charms per TW if it gets intense.

White Tea gives 2 sparks of chi. Great for preping.
    Iron-Guard pots make you immune to damage for 12 seconds, believe me, that can make a difference.
    Vacuity Powders make you immune to stuns and movement debuffs, its good to have just in case.

Cata Barbs tend to have high HP and high mdef too. So if cata pulling is something you like, shard sapphire gems and such into your gear.

Some barbs like to run with Pan Gu's Giant Axe, FF gold weapon, it gives great HP and the chi shield is always nice to have.

This is what I came up with, if anyone has more, plz add on. :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Great guide Knownase! I can only add that carrying magic defence charms is a good idea (made at apothecaries). You never know when a big chunk of magic hits your face, and the defence charms will reduce any hard hitting spell.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shard sapphire gems and such into your gear.

Ahahahahahaha, no.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ahahahahahaha, no.

Is there a reason for the "ahahahahaha no." or is it just fail trolling? (or lack of decent vocabulary ?)
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    citrines are better then sapphires because your bufffs give you more hp per citrine then sapphires
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Is there a reason for the "ahahahahaha no." or is it just fail trolling? (or lack of decent vocabulary ?)

I felt it was rather obvious, I felt you were possibly trolling. However, it seems you're not.

It makes no sense what so ever to use mdef shards in a cata wbs gear. You have a buff to maximize your hp, utilize it to its full potential. The mdef you're placing in your gear (assuming you're putting in g9 shards are easily outweighed by vit stones (which give very minimal amounts of pdef/mdef themselves) or even Citrine Gems.

The only reasonable thing to put in your gear aside from hp and this is only if you're using g9 hp gems or lower are def lvl 2 shards because 2def level outweighs the increase in those hp gems or any mdef gems reduction it would give.

If you absolutely need more mdef, refine your belt/necklace and wear hp magic rings and refine those.

Putting mdef in your gear is ridiculous imo.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Actually, it all depends on the % of hp citrines would add to your total HP verses the % mag damage reduction from using sapphires. It is possible that with enough refines or vit that the advantages % wise of mag def stones would outweigh the % of total hp gains, giving the mag res stones the advantage (against mag anyway). However, after playing around on pwcalc, u cant really do better than the +2 def lvl stones for survivability, up to a possible +52 def level....droooool b:dirty
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    State your opinion, fine. Trying to be a **** and laughing at someone for stating their/trying to help makes you the lesser person.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    State your opinion, fine. Trying to be a **** and laughing at someone for stating their/trying to help makes you the lesser person.

Wow dude, sorry, didn't mean to offend....and for the record I've never heard a **** laugh. b:question
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ...Lol Bartack I'm not talking to you. Sorry I guess I should have addressed by post. I was talking to Destroy Tokyo...I felt his posts were unnecessary.

Your post was perfectly fine. :)