veno in fox form

Options
sunsio
sunsio Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
can venos do well in just fox form...can it solo/pk and pvp well.....
Post edited by sunsio on

Comments

• Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it can do laot of things if u have good skills
  • sunsio
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what stats would i have to add...to become full fox form??
  • Nuzzly - Lost City
    Nuzzly - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is something that could probably be more easily/correctly answered in the Venomancer forums- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

But yes, you can still kick butt in PVP while staying in Foxy-form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunsio
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i checked there already but no tread about pure fox build.....i mean are the dmg in fox form base on magic or str.....
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this should be in veno forum- there are plenty of threads discussing fox form / HA veno if you search properly.

but all fox form skills are physical attacks so str based or debuffs, you still need to have the minimum magic to use your magic weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what you want is a Heavy Armor Veno.
    itll be on the forums and the wiki site, but basically your putting on 4 strength, 5 magic and 1 dexterity every level. at least... thats what my HA veno is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sunsio wrote: »
    i checked there already but no tread about pure fox build.....i mean are the dmg in fox form base on magic or str.....

it's a sticky.. I mean.. did you even bother to look?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=198681 there you go..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sunsio wrote: »

Even if you are planning to build a pure HA veno has many interesting skills that you only can cast at human form, Bramble, Bramble Hood, Feral Concentracion, Lending, MP/HP regen.

As pure fox form you need physical attack, melee!! That means strength --> HA build/ armor but you need magic because you need to heal your pet, remind that you always need your pet!

If you are planning to build a HA veno just for PK maybe is not the best option, as LA veno I can PK at fox /human form with not too many problems. HA just grant you nice physical defense against melee class Barr, BM, Sin, Archer but you will be beated really, really faster against pure magic classes like Wizzys, Phys, Cleric and magic venos that can PK you ranged and hit you more than 10k damage just with one hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • sunsio
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hmm i think i will go Light armor..so i can use both range and melee...thx for all your helps....
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Even if you are planning to build a pure HA veno has many interesting skills that you only can cast at human form, Bramble, Bramble Hood, Feral Concentracion, Lending, MP/HP regen.

As pure fox form you need physical attack, melee!! That means strength --> HA build/ armor but you need magic because you need to heal your pet, remind that you always need your pet!

If you are planning to build a HA veno just for PK maybe is not the best option, as LA veno I can PK at fox /human form with not too many problems. HA just grant you nice physical defense against melee class Barr, BM, Sin, Archer but you will be beated really, really faster against pure magic classes like Wizzys, Phys, Cleric and magic venos that can PK you ranged and hit you more than 10k damage just with one hit.
    Well from what iv herd thats not technically true... the HA build im using is roughly a half and half magic strength, so technically your able to use both Heavy and Arcane armor depending on whether your vsing a meelee class or a magic class, or so im told...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well from what iv herd thats not technically true... the HA build im using is roughly a half and half magic strength, so technically your able to use both Heavy and Arcane armor depending on whether your vsing a meelee class or a magic class, or so im told...

You can be able to gear both armor and also LA ones, but if you wanna swicth to HA from AA because you are PK'ing a magic class this requires change armor that is not allowed while you are at fox form, this means you need to switch into a human form to gear your AA armor while the magic Pk'er is hitting you.

A good cleric/wizz lv95+ can be easy hit you more than 10k even if you are at AA or HA armor is really easy you get beated soo faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

just wondering... how do you place ur stats for that sorta build?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You can be able to gear both armor and also LA ones, but if you wanna swicth to HA from AA because you are PK'ing a magic class this requires change armor that is not allowed while you are at fox form, this means you need to switch into a human form to gear your AA armor while the magic Pk'er is hitting you.

See caster -> Switch to human -> Hotkey gear and switch while casting ironwood/lucky/etc -> Switch back to fox while pet is poking them -> Enjoy

Though it's honestly more practical to stay in human form for PK anyway. Only time you'd specifically go fox for an extended duration is if you're not in a mass PvP situation and you're sure whatever you're fighting won't spam stuff that your current armor leaves you vulnerable to.

That is, of course, assuming you aren't being smart and mixing your AA with your HA at any given moment to cover your bases.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    See caster -> Switch to human -> Hotkey gear and switch while casting ironwood/lucky/etc -> Switch back to fox while pet is poking them -> Enjoy

This can work if you are attacking, but if you get surprised will not.... magical classes are ranges ones, actually with great channeling stuff, they will sunt you and cast his strongest magical attack, if the wizzard cast Black ice dragon strike you are dead, if cleric Tempest you dead again, Physc has a skill (idk the name) that return you the double of your damage inflicted and they has strongest skills aswell.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • The_love - Raging Tide
    The_love - Raging Tide Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if you plan to go pvp in fox form i would sugjess you that youuse HA build
    also at 90+ if you can afford it you should get a good tome,robe,ornaments with stat adds and also get CoA rings they are great for fox form and human form since they add 100 phy and 100 mag attack . 1 more thing you will defenetly need for fox form pvp is to max your melee mastery and the fox form skills you would like to use. good luck i hope this answer helps you
    [SIGPIC]sometimes love hurts and baby i love you A LOT[/SIGPIC]
  • Akubi - Lost City
    Akubi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I also created venomancer main fox form. I am using light armor because i have too much dex. Is it worth to play longer with light armor fox form build? Any highs levels have the same build? My veno 38lvl but that build isn't really good in pve/pvp that i thounk, but i love gameplay of fox. What should i do?
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I also created venomancer main fox form. I am using light armor because i have too much dex. Is it worth to play longer with light armor fox form build? Any highs levels have the same build? My veno 38lvl but that build isn't really good in pve/pvp that i thounk, but i love gameplay of fox. What should i do?

I do not think LA venos are bad, but you lack a lot of hp and do not have as much pdef as HA venos do. I had a lvl 42 LA veno and the even the crits would not make up for the loss of magic attack and healing abilities. If you like fox, you could try out HA. But then again, LA is easier than HA in my opinion till higher lvl when you restat.

Personally do not know much about LA or HA myself, because I am pure mag. I only get my info from reading forums >.< You could try reading up the stickied guides or just using the search option. You might find something interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

You shouldn't go for Fox Melee that early. Without interval and sage buffs it's rather worthless. Also, LA and straight up melee sucks in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.