PvP you can ask, RPK you can't refuze

2»

Comments

• Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What i'm trying to say is, some of us started out fresh or new characters in a old PvP servers. Some of us want to reach high lvl and start killing and some of [like me] us just didn't wait to read what PvP and PvE is all about, eather way, most of us get tierd of beying killed over and over again by bored high lvl characters.
    Example: -Dude! let me get to my monster killing, stop stalcking me! Why are you doing this!?
    -Bored....

And that's what happens in most of the cases. The thing is, we don't even have a chanche at fighting back or... runing away [one shot kill]. That's because, the character is usualy 20 levels higher than me, or us.

I sugest a penalty for those that kill players that are 10 levels below theyr own [make them not be able to leave the city for an hour or something like that] but a harder penalty than just having a red name and a higher chance of droping items on death [you alredy fixed that with a cash shop item].

And to make myself clear, pk-ing other characters is FINE, i have nothing against it BUT as long as the other guyhas half of a chance at not geting killed!! A bored half brain a$$ going around Hidden Orchid Temple and one-shoting lvl 30 ppl ...and not stoping even afer an hour, that's not fair! I wish that guy couldn't leave the safe zone for 20 hours straight [cos he killed about 20 of us].

Please consider my Suggestion.
    Best regards, Lowbye_in_PvP server

You've posted about the same topic now on what, 5 different threads? EVERYBODY goes through those levels getting camped by pkers. If you don't like it, log out and log back in to check if he is gone. I honestly think I'm going to go to Hidden Orchid now and pk you if I see you there just to hear some more QQing and see how many more times you will post on the forums.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    What i'm trying to say is, some of us started out fresh or new characters in a old PvP servers. Some of us want to reach high lvl and start killing and some of [like me] us just didn't wait to read what PvP and PvE is all about, eather way, most of us get tierd of beying killed over and over again by bored high lvl characters.
    Example: -Dude! let me get to my monster killing, stop stalcking me! Why are you doing this!?
    -Bored....

And that's what happens in most of the cases. The thing is, we don't even have a chanche at fighting back or... runing away [one shot kill]. That's because, the character is usualy 20 levels higher than me, or us.

I sugest a penalty for those that kill players that are 10 levels below theyr own [make them not be able to leave the city for an hour or something like that] but a harder penalty than just having a red name and a higher chance of droping items on death [you alredy fixed that with a cash shop item].

And to make myself clear, pk-ing other characters is FINE, i have nothing against it BUT as long as the other guyhas half of a chance at not geting killed!! A bored half brain a$$ going around Hidden Orchid Temple and one-shoting lvl 30 ppl ...and not stoping even afer an hour, that's not fair! I wish that guy couldn't leave the safe zone for 20 hours straight [cos he killed about 20 of us].

By the way, you spelled "refuse" wrong in your title, there is no z.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Rynoa - Harshlands
    Rynoa - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Shouldn't you get a warn for double posting? ...Anyway, i must agree with the term of: beying in a PvP server means i get killed, and even one-shot at, but more than often i've been harassed bye the same bully over and over again.
    Just now i found out that peolpe get banned for this kinde of behaviour and 5 miutes later i finde out, this system dosn't worck. First flaw: the GM made it so that this information is not easaly accesed, not hard to finde but, not in plain sight eather, i never thought of such a penalty for people that enjoy killing the same guy over and over again, not apropriate, i say. Second flaw: They don't even take it seriously.

How about : a guy not beying able to PK the same lowbye [meaning he can kill his lvl as much as he want, but not us lowbyes] more than once a day. But not like, "If you kill that guy again, you get red angry emoticon" or something like that, no! It shall be a forcefield around the Lowbye that won't allow the PK-er to kill him again, no matter the circumstances. I finde it fair and reasonable and better than losing an acount for havin an enemy.

Comment on this one b:pleased
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Shouldn't you get a warn for double posting? ...Anyway, i must agree with the term of: beying in a PvP server means i get killed, and even one-shot at, but more than often i've been harassed bye the same bully over and over again.
    Just now i found out that peolpe get banned for this kinde of behaviour and 5 miutes later i finde out, this system dosn't worck. First flaw: the GM made it so that this information is not easaly accesed, not hard to finde but, not in plain sight eather, i never thought of such a penalty for people that enjoy killing the same guy over and over again, not apropriate, i say. Second flaw: They don't even take it seriously.

How about : a guy not beying able to PK the same lowbye [meaning he can kill his lvl as much as he want, but not us lowbyes] more than once a day. But not like, "If you kill that guy again, you get red angry emoticon" or something like that, no! It shall be a forcefield around the Lowbye that won't allow the PK-er to kill him again, no matter the circumstances. I finde it fair and reasonable and better than losing an acount for havin an enemy.

Harassment is not divided between equal or greater than level PKing and lower level PKing. I think you're just butthurt you're being killed by higher levels. Welcome to PVP server is all I can say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    edited June 2010

If a person wants to pk, let them. Even if they have items to prevent dropping, that is still penalizing them. A guardian scroll cost 30 silver, safety lock means you can do NOTHING for that set amount of time. They pk to relieve anger or just to be "bullies" as you call it, but in the realistic look at things, they are loosing too.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Rynoa - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    If a person wants to pk, let them. Even if they have items to prevent dropping, that is still penalizing them. A guardian scroll cost 30 silver, safety lock means you can do NOTHING for that set amount of time. They pk to relieve anger or just to be "bullies" as you call it, but in the realistic look at things, they are loosing too.

True , both ways lose time , but its the psychilogical offence i'm bringing into discusion. Geting killed for more than 10 times per day by the same guy makes you lose your mental helth, whyle the Pk-er is enjoying it more by the kill. And these guys never have a conscience to say, "Hey, i've gone far enought with this guy, i thinck i should stop now".

As there are laws and ways to avoid losing your health becouse of some half brain bullyes, there should be a way to escape and continue through with leveling in this virtual world aswell. Through the hell i've been through i can estate that the curent penalty and losses are not the best way to stop a Pk-er haressing a lowbye.

And what is it whit you guys anyway!?!? Why do you hold on so much to beying able to kill 1 guy for as long and as much as you want?? You have sick mindes. Try putting yourselfs in our shoes and see how you like beying killed 20 times a day. Go on, i'd love to hear an experiment of a sort, a bully geting bullyed and then telling us on forum how was it like.
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    K so..your going to kill yourself because you've been pked. Highly doubtful. Somebody camped Hidden Orchid for as you said "Hours" most likely meaning an hour and a half or possibly 2 hours. You are so obsessed with this game that you can't log for that amount of time? I die in pvp all of the time, I still play, I dont cry, I DONT CARE. It isnt bullying, so seriously SHUT UP AND STOP CRYING
    I have nothing to say.
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    Kitsunade - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -Bored....

Its people like this that make people like me laugh our asses off when we go pking

The punishement for doing so is called Red name, More people woll target you and you'll drop stuff if not using Safety lock or dolls, on top of that Go kill a lvl 30 and then hug a guard, it'll amuse me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I MEAN IT
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    True , both ways lose time , but its the psychilogical offence i'm bringing into discusion. Geting killed for more than 10 times per day by the same guy makes you lose your mental helth,

I'm sorry but if getting attacked in an online game after putting yourself in a position to be attacked is something that makes your mental health deteriorate then you need to go outside sometime and probably see a doctor.

... Because if it's true then the fact that someone online wants to kill your character is the least of your problems.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If having a red name is a penalty, then you would try to AVOID having one. The fact that you want to have one proves the penalty is completely worthless. Meaning, there IS NO penalty for pking.

If it was an actual penalty, you would avoid a red name like the plague.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If having a red name is a penalty, then you would try to AVOID having one. The fact that you want to have one proves the penalty is completely worthless. Meaning, there IS NO penalty for pking.

If it was an actual penalty, you would avoid a red name like the plague.

Except having a red name causes more people to try to attack you in hopes of item drops and thus, leads you to having more fun and challenge defending yourself.

Or is penalizing yourself to increase the challenge something offers a foreign concept to you?

Edit: Also, certain shades of red names look sexy. Especially if you wear garnet sharded armor or the like.
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I agree, dont join a pvp server if you don't like pk. either way, ur only lvl 30, join join a pve server, it won't take a long time to lvl to 30 again....
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Except having a red name causes more people to try to attack you in hopes of item drops and thus, leads you to having more fun and challenge defending yourself.

Or is penalizing yourself to increase the challenge something offers a foreign concept to you?

Edit: Also, certain shades of red names look sexy. Especially if you wear garnet sharded armor or the like.

That is not "increasing the challenge". You want an increased challenge? How about the pk system from a different mmo?

Red name:
    You can't fly
    Your attack power drops
    You can't use any npcs
    Your movement speed drops
    You do NOT spawn in a safe zone when you die and other players will camp you until you drop everything you own.

THAT is a challenge.b:chuckle

Yes I know a very popular mmo that does exactly this for red names.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • TFShockwave - Lost City
    TFShockwave - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think they should do this. Most people who kill players that are a lower lvl that them are usually wussies and don't go after players that are their lvl.
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010

And what is it whit you guys anyway!?!? Why do you hold on so much to beying able to kill 1 guy for as long and as much as you want?? You have sick mindes. Try putting yourselfs in our shoes and see how you like beying killed 20 times a day. ...

The point is that you do think differently than they do.

Many people think differently than they do which is why the others have opted for a different PvP experience on a PvE server.

Now just wait and let me explain.

There are five PvE servers and two PvP servers. There is a reason for that no matter the PvP'ers trying to explain it away.

PWI is wise for all that since they make a lot of money from the PvE servers.

On the PvE servers the players who love PvP have come up with clever, creative, and - for them - fun ways to PvP.

There are usually PvP fests outside of West Arch. They also PvP in some FBs frequently. Then of course the TWs, which PvE servers do have.

I'm sure there are ways to do PvP on a PvE server that I, or others, haven't thought of yet. Fox and Hounds anyone? b:laugh

There is a difference between a players that wants to contest with and against each other; and the one that takes extreme pleasure in griefing others in any way they can dream up.

We leave the last to the PvP servers, and those brave enough - and with the time - to take them on who realize that those type are what they are up against.

They truly are the enemy, or snake in the grass - so to speak. Mobs are nothing compared to them and that is the challenge the PvP server non-griefers look for, beating the griefers at their own game.

So you have to make up your mind what type of player you are, and what type of challenge you want. Then make a decision that's best for you and stick with it. :-)

If you choose to stay PvP realize that the griefers can, and will, follow you and your words in the forums and note you down to make miserable later.

It's what they live for, they have no concept of fun without making misery for others. There's no understanding it - they are just that way.

Just my thoughts on this..hope you find the best way for you.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • Rynoa - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    I agree, dont join a pvp server if you don't like pk. either way, ur only lvl 30, join join a pve server, it won't take a long time to lvl to 30 again....

You are right :) , it's not that hard to move away at lvl 30. But ,take into a count, i have a lvl 80 character, i leveld her up at the begining of the server, when we were all about the same lvl and pk-ers were leveling to, that was the time i never got killed more than 1 a week, it was ok. Then take into a count, her armors go on to my other 2 character wich are a bit lower and taking on PK pretty often per day, it's pretty hard to lvl up a manufacturing skill, and even harder to gather up the money for some nice gear. Idk about you, but that's a bit hard to leave behinde.
    Then consider this, maby some of us want to lvl up yo be a pk-er themselvs, on a PvP server, if they stick to they'r cose and keep on roling through all those sudden deaths and harrasments, to get to some pk-ing heaven... i thinck they lose some mental health.

[For the sake of the argument, i'm not aming for havine been able to pk like crazy at higher lvls]

Conclusion: i would leave the server if i didn't had a high lvl charater alredy and the litle guys that wanna pk, don't get to that point to soon... or ever.