Permanent "Color Picker" Possible??

Nagee - Heavens Tear
Nagee - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi every1 :)

Ok, I've been away from pwi for awhile ... just got back (first time submitting a suggestion, so be gentle with the flaming plz ... just a thought lol).

Anyhoo, I noticed that there's a box/window now, that comes up when you click a fashion item in preview mode, that allows u to see the item ur looking at in a different color (I'm calling it "color picker" for lack of a better word).

I'm thinking: "this is awesome", but then was wondering if it were possible for the devs to make it so that when you go to actually change/dye ur fashion clothes, this same window was available??? and you could use this ...instead of ... random and/or hot color packs to choose what color u wanted ur outfit to be??

I really hate dying clothes at random since it can get pretty expensive with crappy results grrr ... and prices for the so called true colors make my head want to explode! not to mention that the colors are not as varied as they would be with the "color picker".

If its a matter of losing money, i really dont think that pwi would, as they could just charge "whatever" for allowing the player to use the "color picker" same as they now charge for the random and/or true color packs.

This is all perhaps wishful thinking on my part but was just wondering if a permanent "color picker" was possible for use by players when they change/dye fashion clothes? What y'all think? Devs?

Peace.
Post edited by Nagee - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jackojack
    jackojack Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think that is a good idea. The name that you call the "Color Picker" Would presumably be called the "Color Wheel". It is a shape of colors that can go into any depth of any color. Even those without names. By The Way, This was pretty troublesome to type...
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Read the second part of my signature.
    2. Don't make more than one thread about the same subject.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    My opinion on the color preview is that it's a clever way of milking more cash from players. It's pretty much like saying 'Look at all the cool colors you can get if you use enough random pigments!' and hoping people will spend the cash to get just the right shade.

Another thing to take into account would be that implementing your suggestion would lose the devs money (and we all know how much the devs love money nowadays) since they wouldn't sell as many dyes if everyone could choose they color they wanted. How many hot color packs are bought by people looking for just 1 specific color? How many random dyes do people buy and waste to get a certain shade of whatever color they wanted?
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Nagee - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    1. Read the second part of my signature.
    2. Don't make more than one thread about the same subject.

1. I did.

2. It was not my intent to post the same thread twice. Not sure what happened there, but what I meant to do in second attempt was a poll. (not too familiar with posting sry). b:surrender
  • Nagee - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    1. I did.

2. It was not my intent to post the same thread twice. Not sure what happened there, but what I meant to do in second attempt was a poll. (not too familiar with posting sry). b:surrender
    My opinion on the color preview is that it's a clever way of milking more cash from players. It's pretty much like saying 'Look at all the cool colors you can get if you use enough random pigments!' and hoping people will spend the cash to get just the right shade.

Another thing to take into account would be that implementing your suggestion would lose the devs money (and we all know how much the devs love money nowadays) since they wouldn't sell as many dyes if everyone could choose they color they wanted. How many hot color packs are bought by people looking for just 1 specific color? How many random dyes do people buy and waste to get a certain shade of whatever color they wanted?

I totally agree with you ... like i said in original post, just wishful thinking on my part.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    they should really think about that, couse if you can choose the color you want, more ppl would buy the fashion directly from boutique and not from other players in AH who risked to buy the stuff and dont like the color they did get
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • ifimust
    ifimust Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    they should really think about that, couse if you can choose the color you want, more ppl would buy the fashion directly from boutique and not from other players in AH who risked to buy the stuff and dont like the color they did get

Dang right, I considered buying Fashions but the actual colors you can dye your clothing doesn't come close to most of the colors on the color wheel. The colors you can dye with just isn't worth it for me to go to the expense of buying all the fashion I want when I can't even dye it like I want.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Being able to have any color clothes in the fitting room in the boutique but not really having those color options for the actual fash... that's like showing a dog a bone, then throwing the bone in the trash.

That's not nice D:
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Again I'm replying b:laugh

I like the idea of Fashion.

What I don't like the idea of is having to take the time and money to spend on searching for dyes so what I pay real money for doesn't look - ooooogly.

Edited to add - So I don't buy fashion at all. Same as many, many people.

Face it, a real life boutique would be burned down if it showed you an outfit in red and delivered it in puke green and telling you it would be a LOT extra for the red.

Frankly what I'd like to see is the random dye packs done away with and either colors sold individually and in same color packs.

Or have a dye function attached to the Cash Shop at point of purchase and increase the individual item price slightly.

OR sell an item that would allow you to access an area to dye your outfit and have a range that makes sense according to how things are dyes, for example 3/6/10/14 dye application coupons.

I would also like to see armor dye-able. It's not like the armor color tells you anything about the level of the character reliably since so many cannot afford their true level armor anyways. This alone would sell more dye regardless of the dye being sold by colors.

To prevent the entire world of PWI dressing in one color - such as black (I cannot understand this fear, but oh well) takes only a little creative thought.

The GMs can run events for contests for the best color coordinated Guild/individual/couple and give some kind of prize each month for the best/second/third place of those attired in the colors that the GMs choose for that month. This too would promote the use of more dyes on a regular basis.

Just my thoughts at the moment.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i would luv if this was implemented i dont think they would lose tht much money the money they get from packs would cover up the loss if ther was any plus i think alot more people would buy fash & the dyes so it would prob be in the companies interest to do thisb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle