An idea for the Genie.

Options
jackojack
jackojack Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
My idea for the Genies!!

I have been with Perfect World since the Mid-End of the Closed Beta. I have seen Great improvements as well. I just scan and look at MMOs and noticed some things from other ones that were very interesting. One of these things is the Aika Pran System. It is closely related to the Genies but goes farther in depth. What my idea is, is to actually add-on to the Genie idea into something closely related to the Pran but Unique to the Perfect World game. The features I would like added to Genies would include the following:
1. Being able to converse with the Genie.
2. Genie "Grows" From stages, with there being 4. *I'll explain this below.
3. Being able to earn Devotion from your Genie
4. Accessories for the Genies in different Stages.

I would think that it would be boring and/or dull to have the same Fairy type creature flying around you. It is great to have their spells though.
Anyway... Now I'm going to explain Number 1.

What 1 says is, I would like it if you can talk to the Genie. You won't be able to start a conversation with it but it can start one with you. By this, I mean that every so often a bubble appears over you Genies portrait. You can the click this to begin the Conversation that it wanted to start. The Genie will ask a question or say something and then you would be able to choose from a variety of answers given. The answers will effect the Devotion level. Either positively (Increases.) or negatively (Decreases.).
I will now explain Number 2.

Number 2 just states that the Genie does not stay in "Fairy Form". It mean that the Genie will transform into something else as if it had "Grown" into that form. The 4 forms that I was thinking of are: 1. Fairy Form (What it currently is) 2. Child form 3. Teenage/Adolescence Form and finally 4. Adult Form. Stage 1 is what it currently is in Perfect World ... A Fairy. Form 2 would be of a child, Whereas the child would have wings coming out of it's back. The ears would be as they were, just readjusted to the right size. If the Fairy Form didn't have arms... Then the arms would be formed to the appropriate size and the wings would be what the Fairies "Arms" were. This Form would be about half the height of a Human Blademaster Male. The 3rd Form would be that of a Teenager, around the age 16. The Form will be more "Developed" as it would be said. That means the wings grow, along with the size of the body. The body parts would grow to the appropriate size for the Genie. The height for this stage is the height of a Winged Elf Female, from the ground to her shoulder. Same for the Next and last form... The Adult Form. The Adult form is the exact height of a Female Winged Elf. Also, The Genie will be able to fly with the wings.
Number 3's explanation.

Number 3 is devotion, or how much you Genie respects/likes you (As it's owner.) Devotion would extend from 0 - 100. It would start at the mid-point mark of 50. It would change either positively (up) or negatively (down) due to how you answer the questions it asks, or how you talk to it. I was thinking that devotion would effect the skills of the Genie. Higher devotion equaling more effective skills. Here is what I thought up for the Devotion-Skills chart. 0-25 = Skill Ability cut in half... 26-74 = Normal... 75-100 = Double.
Now Number 4.

This just states that there should be accessories such as clothing for you to be able to purchase for the Genie. Different clothing depending on the Form of the Genie. This will help Players customize their own Genie so that no 2 Genie's are alike. The clothing will be Upper Body and Lower Body Wear.
I also came up with an idea for what levels it will reach the new Forms at.
Here is the list I made:

Form 1 Level 0 - 19

Form 2 Level 20 - 49

Form 3 Level 50 - 79

Form 4 Level 80 - Max Level

I hope that you like the ideas that I have presented!
Thank you for reading this article.

Sincerely,
Perfect World Veteran Jackojack
Post edited by jackojack on

Comments

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jackojack wrote: »

Genies already evolve up to 4 times, depending on the number of lucky points.... just not how you described it. Other than that, I don't see this idea ever happening.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    love your idea!! really great!! b:victory

i hate the genies right now how they are, and this would improve the game a lot!

hope that this idea will be send to china
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • jackojack
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know that Genie evolve 4 times already.
    ***Addition***

Because of the Genie already Evolving, I came up with this:
    The "Lucky Point Evolution" will still exist with this idea!
    It will take effect on the Genie, but not until the Genie is in the "Adult Form".
    It will have the same effect on the Genies appearance but you can still customize the clothing with what you purchased.

Also, If you take all the clothing off of the Genie, The appearance of the Genie will be of the Clothing it wore originally. Meaning, It's clothing would look like the clothing it had on when it was in the "Fairy Form". ***I was thinking that you couldn't change the clothing on the "Fairy Form" so that would also be a helpful thing to put down.
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    Kitsunade - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jackojack wrote: »
    My idea for the Genies!!

I have been with Perfect World since the Mid-End of the Closed Beta. I have seen Great improvements as well. I just scan and look at MMOs and noticed some things from other ones that were very interesting. One of these things is the Aika Pran System. It is closely related to the Genies but goes farther in depth. What my idea is, is to actually add-on to the Genie idea into something closely related to the Pran but Unique to the Perfect World game. The features I would like added to Genies would include the following:
    3. Being able to earn Devotion from your Genie
    4. Accessories for the Genies in different Stages.

I would think that it would be boring and/or dull to have the same Fairy type creature flying around you. It is great to have their spells though.
    Anyway... Now I'm going to explain Number 1.

What 1 says is, I would like it if you can talk to the Genie. You won't be able to start a conversation with it but it can start one with you. By this, I mean that every so often a bubble appears over you Genies portrait. You can the click this to begin the Conversation that it wanted to start. The Genie will ask a question or say something and then you would be able to choose from a variety of answers given. The answers will effect the Devotion level. Either positively (Increases.) or negatively (Decreases.).
    I will now explain Number 2.

Number 2 just states that the Genie does not stay in "Fairy Form". It mean that the Genie will transform into something else as if it had "Grown" into that form. The 4 forms that I was thinking of are: 1. Fairy Form (What it currently is) 2. Child form 3. Teenage/Adolescence Form and finally 4. Adult Form. Stage 1 is what it currently is in Perfect World ... A Fairy. Form 2 would be of a child, Whereas the child would have wings coming out of it's back. The ears would be as they were, just readjusted to the right size. If the Fairy Form didn't have arms... Then the arms would be formed to the appropriate size and the wings would be what the Fairies "Arms" were. This Form would be about half the height of a Human Blademaster Male. The 3rd Form would be that of a Teenager, around the age 16. The Form will be more "Developed" as it would be said. That means the wings grow, along with the size of the body. The body parts would grow to the appropriate size for the Genie. The height for this stage is the height of a Winged Elf Female, from the ground to her shoulder. Same for the Next and last form... The Adult Form. The Adult form is the exact height of a Female Winged Elf. Also, The Genie will be able to fly with the wings.
    Number 3's explanation.

Number 3 is devotion, or how much you Genie respects/likes you (As it's owner.) Devotion would extend from 0 - 100. It would start at the mid-point mark of 50. It would change either positively (up) or negatively (down) due to how you answer the questions it asks, or how you talk to it. I was thinking that devotion would effect the skills of the Genie. Higher devotion equaling more effective skills. Here is what I thought up for the Devotion-Skills chart. 0-25 = Skill Ability cut in half... 26-74 = Normal... 75-100 = Double.
    Now Number 4.

This just states that there should be accessories such as clothing for you to be able to purchase for the Genie. Different clothing depending on the Form of the Genie. This will help Players customize their own Genie so that no 2 Genie's are alike. The clothing will be Upper Body and Lower Body Wear.
    I also came up with an idea for what levels it will reach the new Forms at.
    Here is the list I made:

Form 1 Level 0 - 19

Form 2 Level 20 - 49

Form 3 Level 50 - 79

Form 4 Level 80 - Max Level

I hope that you like the ideas that I have presented!
    Thank you for reading this article.

Sincerely,
    Perfect World Veteran Jackojack

ok here's my replies:

#1: I sure as hell don't want a genie spamming me every 5 seconds just to remind me something i'm headed to do

#2: Lag fest

#3: i would unequipt my genie ASAP as soon as it talked

#4: LAG Fest to the extreme

you have to take into thought how much pixels are used for each thing

on the weekdays theres a lot of people online and you lag a lot, but when the weekend comes its more people logged in meaning more lag, on top of this the Nien events, different fash, Genie evolutions, Vendor animations, People dueling, Veno pets, all class pets and mounts take up a lot of pixels (or something like that) and then lets not forget the sharded armors and weapons, plus the buffs from assassins, BMs, Psychics, venos, archers clerics barbs, its enough to mess up your speed, so adding human sized genies that talk is just asking for a blue screen of death.

its a good idea and its kinda cute (exept the talking part, no one want a Legend of Zelda type of thing happening on an MMO especially while PVPing)

Kitsu <3

P.S. if my Genie Talks i'm punching it in the mouth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I MEAN IT
  • jackojack
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It doesn't have to be right away... It was just a suggestion.

Yes, you do have a point with the lag, but by the time they actually are able to make the things required for this to work... There will be more servers. Also, They would have probably found a way to reduce the lag greatly. Also, My computer isn't close to the greatest, and it is 4 years old, but it still works on the game without lag. All I do is reduce the graphics required. It is as simple as that. You don't have to have the best graphics to play the game. By "Every so often." I mean about 1 conversation every 10 to 30 minutes. That certainly won't "Spam" you.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmm....

*tries talking to genie*
    *gets weird looks from people*
    o.o'
    *genie calls me a noob.*
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]