Zeal Genie Psychic?

hasanmo
hasanmo Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Psychic
im a lvl 25 psychic and i put all stat points in mag for my genie, i now have 33 points in mag and all other stats are at their default points

did i mess my genie up?

if not really is there a genie build that could save it?

wats a good genie build in general?

btw i didn't do anything with skills also, my genie is lvl 13 and i have 3 stat points left for it
Post edited by hasanmo on

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Chances are you're gonna remake your genie at later levels, so don't worry about it.
  • hasanmo
    edited June 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Chances are you're gonna remake your genie at later levels, so don't worry about it.

that still doesn't answer any of my questions

and i don't even know any builds in the first place so i could remake it

c'mon people post your thoughts i know all of you have genies and i doubt that none of you have builds
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, not much for me to say on builds. I stuck to the Zeal's strengths, and thus I placed all my points into mag.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Jutte - Dreamweaver
    Jutte - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well... there's not a lot to say about Genie builds. It really all depends on the individual player, and what skills they already have, what they're lacking, what they need...

As an example... my Venomancer can already pull, so I don't need a Zeal for her. But I can always make use out of Discipline, because its base skill increases my flight speed.
    My Psychic can't pull, so I use a Zeal for him...

I think you know all that, so I'll move on to the next...

It's really, really important to look through the skill tree and determine which skills you want before you start leveling it. From there, map out what level each one comes in at, so you can allocate your element points accordingly.

Now, as far as actual stat points go, put the points in whichever section that would increase the effectiveness of the skills you chose.
    For example... Second Wind's effectiveness increases with Strength points. Holy Path increases with Dexterity. So assign a Dex Genie and a Str Genie, and have them both with you at all times. Just switch when you need them.
    It's always handy if you can afford to buy a second genie. Or raise one from scratch, using 3 mirages.

But I NEVER ever assign points to the part that only increases with every 50 points. What is that... magic? lol
    I don't remember. Don't have the game up at the moment.
    But since you're required to put in 50 points before there's any effect in its regeneration, there's no sense in it when you could put stats in the one that increases its base energy, making you able to use 2-4 skills all at the same time.

I've always wondered what determines Lucky Points, because my genies always have crappy LPs. o.o
    Does anyone know? Is it really just luck?

Anyway, I really hope that helped you. Genies are confusing things. ):
    Best of luck!!

Edit:
    And by the way, this post doesn't really belong in the Psychic area of the forums. Try General?
    Looking for better siggy! PM me for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    My lvl 100 Zeal is 58 vit 100 mag, rest of the stats at base...

If you're going to use genie skills frequently for short durations, high magic is your best bet, and only put in as much vit as necessary to use the most costly skill.

On the other hand if you're looking for the greatest effect out of a single use of a genie skill (mostly useful for genie damage skills), it depends on the skills you're utilizing whether you would want a str or dex focused genie.

In the long run, the higher magic genie will have a greater stamina burn, but more versatility and ability to use a greater variety of skills while the dex/str genies may more greatly enable you to damage a single foe with either debuffs making your attacks stronger or damage skills making your attacks have less necessity for large damage spikes to kill the opponent.

example of magic genie skill use: frenzy - a genie with 34 vit and 50 magic can cast frenzy twice consecutively enabling you to effectively have a 16 second frenzy duration during which your attack level will be boosted by up to 20 atk level but you'll also be more vulnerable.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • katju22
    katju22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    concerning the lucky points: first of all they determine how many skills you can learn on your geni. But I'm not that sure in which steps. Second: the more lucky points you have the more stat points you can set. Lucky points also are statpoints you will get in addition.
    Last about them: the genie looks different for different amount of lucky points.
  • hasanmo
    edited June 2010
    My lvl 100 Zeal is 58 vit 100 mag, rest of the stats at base...

If you're going to use genie skills frequently for short durations, high magic is your best bet, and only put in as much vit as necessary to use the most costly skill.

On the other hand if you're looking for the greatest effect out of a single use of a genie skill (mostly useful for genie damage skills), it depends on the skills you're utilizing whether you would want a str or dex focused genie.

In the long run, the higher magic genie will have a greater stamina burn, but more versatility and ability to use a greater variety of skills while the dex/str genies may more greatly enable you to damage a single foe with either debuffs making your attacks stronger or damage skills making your attacks have less necessity for large damage spikes to kill the opponent.

example of magic genie skill use: frenzy - a genie with 34 vit and 50 magic can cast frenzy twice consecutively enabling you to effectively have a 16 second frenzy duration during which your attack level will be boosted by up to 20 atk level but you'll also be more vulnerable.

with your genies build what skills are good to use in pve? pvp?

also at lvl 27, around how much vit and mag should i have ( i wanna go with ure build, but i think its a little off because my mag is 36 and my vit is 5, i just wanna know how much vit i should put in before increasing my mag again)
  • Sinful_girl - Sanctuary
    Sinful_girl - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well genie build depends on how u want ur genie to b
    for example genie skills require str, dex, mag, some genie skills only require 1 stats nd some require 2 stats making genie is what u put points to what stats the skills need, and u will need enough bit to use those skills
  • Eusebyu - Harshlands
    Eusebyu - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If i'm lvl 26 and i puted all points into mag.I should put in vit too?I mean with what affect u the points of the genie?
  • XXBartaXx - Harshlands
    XXBartaXx - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Umm yeah... i have a 47 zeal(i think)and i stuck to its magic point but before i did its skills...now i regret that i didnt put them in str because they have that instant heal skill which has saved me quite a few times altough its maxed it need str to be hard....
  • Jutte - Dreamweaver
    Jutte - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Now, as far as actual stat points go, put the points in whichever section that would increase the effectiveness of the skills you chose.
    For example... Second Wind's effectiveness increases with Strength points. Holy Path increases with Dexterity. So assign a Dex Genie and a Str Genie, and have them both with you at all times.
    But I NEVER ever assign points to [magic] that only increases with every 50 points.
    Since you're required to put in 50 points before there's any effect in its regeneration, there's no sense in it.
    Umm yeah... i have a 47 zeal(i think)and i stuck to its magic point but before i did its skills...now i regret that i didnt put them in str because they have that instant heal skill which has saved me quite a few times altough its maxed it need str to be hard....

..... lol.
    Looking for better siggy! PM me for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]