PvP you can ask, RPK you can't refuze

Rynoa - Harshlands
Rynoa - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
What i'm trying to say is, some of us started out fresh or new characters in a old PvP servers. Some of us want to reach high lvl and start killing and some of [like me] us just didn't wait to read what PvP and PvE is all about, eather way, most of us get tierd of beying killed over and over again by bored high lvl characters.
Example: -Dude! let me get to my monster killing, stop stalcking me! Why are you doing this!?
-Bored....

And that's what happens in most of the cases. The thing is, we don't even have a chanche at fighting back or... runing away [one shot kill]. That's because, the character is usualy 20 levels higher than me, or us.

I sugest a penalty for those that kill players that are 10 levels below theyr own [make them not be able to leave the city for an hour or something like that] but a harder penalty than just having a red name and a higher chance of droping items on death [you alredy fixed that with a cash shop item].

And to make myself clear, pk-ing other characters is FINE, i have nothing against it BUT as long as the other guyhas half of a chance at not geting killed!! A bored half brain a$$ going around Hidden Orchid Temple and one-shoting lvl 30 ppl ...and not stoping even afer an hour, that's not fair! I wish that guy couldn't leave the safe zone for 20 hours straight [cos he killed about 20 of us].

Please consider my Suggestion.
Best regards, Lowbye_in_PvP server
Post edited by Rynoa - Harshlands on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    some of [like me] us just didn't wait to read what PvP and PvE is all about, eather way

Your fault for not reading the info tht's laid out there for you.

QQ or roll PvE. b:bye
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Your fault for not reading the info tht's laid out there for you.

QQ or roll PvE. b:bye

Well that was a mature response. Grow up.

She has a point. I don't know about being locked in a town, but some kind of penalty that you can't buy your way out of would improve the quality of gameplay, if it's done right.

Off the top of my head, maybe an automatic xp loss that rolls into spirit loss at 0 xp for every kill would be more motivation to not to be a keyboard bully. Or at least put a little icon next to their name that signals they kill people 10-20+ levels lower than them, in addition to their red name that they have to burn off. That way everyone will know what kind of player they are.

Yes, it's a PVP server, just like a boxing ring is for boxing. Just because you're supposed to knock out your opponent doesn't mean you can kick them in the groin because it's easier. That disqualifies you for a reason. It's not fair play. Boxers can't give a ref 10 bucks so they can get back in the ring. That's what makes it an honest sport and is why it's still alive today.
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well that was a mature response. Grow up.

She has a point. I don't know about being locked in a town, but some kind of penalty that you can't buy your way out of would improve the quality of gameplay, if it's done right.

Off the top of my head, maybe an automatic xp loss that rolls into spirit loss at 0 xp for every kill would be more motivation to not to be a keyboard bully. Or at least put a little icon next to their name that signals they kill people 10-20+ levels lower than them, in addition to their red name that they have to burn off. That way everyone will know what kind of player they are.

Yes, it's a PVP server, just like a boxing ring is for boxing. Just because you're supposed to knock out your opponent doesn't mean you can kick them in the groin because it's easier. That disqualifies you for a reason. It's not fair play. Boxers can't give a ref 10 bucks so they can get back in the ring. That's what makes it an honest sport and is why it's still alive today.
    By making a character on a PVP server you put yourself into a situation where you are in danger. Don't come up with ideas for punishing the players on that server just cuz some people decided not to read the server information. It's a PVP server, they kill, that's how it works. As has been said, if your on a PVP server it's your own fault.
  • PureSkies - Harshlands
    PureSkies - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:angry or they can make rules against it. You dont get killed because you must have friends in the high factions but they will still kill eveyone else its about time something is done about it.
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    b:angry or they can make rules against it. You dont get killed because you must have friends in the high factions but they will still kill eveyone else its about time something is done about it.
    There are rules against it, on PVE servers. Just stay blue name and they can't hurt you. Very simple.
  • PureSkies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    By making a character on a PVP server you put yourself into a situation where you are in danger. Don't come up with ideas for punishing the players on that server just cuz some people decided not to read the server information. It's a PVP server, they kill, that's how it works. As has been said, if your on a PVP server it's your own fault.

Well maybe pefect world should shut down the PVP servers if people cant lvl in them whats the point in even playing on 1 if you dont stand a chance against factions and factions who kill people daily for red hours because they fail. b:laugh
  • PureSkies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    There are rules against it, on PVE servers. Just stay blue name and they can't hurt you. Very simple.

they insult you if your a blue name and you want to be white to buy stuff from the pwi shop.
  • FinalFatex - Harshlands
    FinalFatex - Harshlands Posts: 2,427 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Are you kidding me... seriously, there are penalties for PKing and IMO even some of them should be gone. PKing is either expensive or annoying. You can buy dolls which are really expensive when you pvp a lot or you can bind your gear which is extremely expensive because you can not re-sell those nice +8 clams when you get your hh99 weapons. Using safety lock is also a pain in the butt because for say a whole hour after logging in every time you can not buy, sell or fix shattered gear. There is also the fact that every time you accidentally walk into a major city you get smashed into the ground and take several hundred thousand damage from the guards.

The point of a pvp server is to... wait for it... PVP. There is already to few people who actually fight little own people who are actually good at it. All that making more punishments would do is create less pvp and make the game even worse. I think the penalty should be lowered making it easier for new people to pvp because this is a pvp server and 99% of people here chose it for a reason.

As for RPKing seriously deal with it, I have leveled several chars from 30-80 on a pvp server and two of them were red the whole way there. I rarely got pked and if I did I would laugh it off and continue whatever I was doing. Perhaps if you are getting pked over and over again you should not mass spam the Pker with profanity and death threats because I can tell you as soon as someone does that to me I all of a sudden have a few hours magically become free to make their life hell.
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Well maybe pefect world should shut down the PVP servers if people cant lvl in them whats the point in even playing on 1 if you dont stand a chance against factions and factions who kill people daily for red hours because they fail. b:laugh
    I repeat, don't come up with ideas to punish the players on PVP servers just because some people don't read server information. There are players on pvp servers that have invested tons of rl money into their characters.
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Perhaps if you are getting pked over and over again you should not mass spam the Pker with profanity and death threats because I can tell you as soon as someone does that to me I all of a sudden have a few hours magically become free to make their life hell.

This is when they can report you for harassment and watch you get banned.b:chuckle
    It happens quite often.
    Also, if you think killing someone in a game means something, you have mental issues.
    edited June 2010
    This is when they can report you for harassment and watch you get banned.b:chuckle

Last time someone did that to me I posted the chatlog of the person I RPKed saying that he wanted to.. well id get banned for putting it here but guess what? He got banned and I got to go on PKing at will.

Like I said I only do it if they mass spam me with profanity or death threats
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    they insult you if your a blue name and you want to be white to buy stuff from the pwi shop.

That's not true at all. I've never been insulted for being blue named, neither have any of my friends, or anyone I've ever met. Why don't you try a PVE server before you start assuming things.
  • PureSkies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010

so half the game might as well not play? if we stay blue the whole time why play this game? why have ads for people just to get killed by high lvls for no good reason at all? This Rpk (random player killing) makes pking not fun and it ruins the game on the PVP servers so there should and must be laws against pking ones that will calm it down an make pking what it was meant for...... THE FUN OF PLAYERS ATTACKING PLAYERS FOR FUN AND ITS NOT FUN WHEN PEOPLE A 101 KILLS A GROUP OF 30'S JUST FOR RED HOURS
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    so half the game might as well not play? if we stay blue the whole time why play this game? why have ads for people just to get killed by high lvls for no good reason at all? This Rpk (random player killing) makes pking not fun and it ruins the game on the PVP servers so there should and must be laws against pking ones that will calm it down an make pking what it was meant for...... THE FUN OF PLAYERS ATTACKING PLAYERS FOR FUN AND ITS NOT FUN WHEN PEOPLE A 101 KILLS A GROUP OF 30'S JUST FOR RED HOURS
    If you're blue named the whole time, you PVE (Player vs Environment) There are lots of things you can do other than PKing. PVE servers do have pking, you can choose to start after you are high enough level to defend yourself.

Now stop the QQ.
    edited June 2010
    Red hours has nothing to do with it. I have been at 200 red hours since 30 and will prob never go below 195 again. I cant say why others do it but I do because I made this character to be Pker and I attack ALL other AA or LA players that I see. I don't care if they are lvl 30 or lvl 102 I will attack them regardless even if I know I don't stand a chance, and when I die I say good fight maybe you wont be so lucky next time. I can honestly state that most people don't care about getting PKed, I have killed almost 800 unique people since I started almost 2 months ago and seriously I have made more friends RPKing then being nice to people.
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • PureSkies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Red hours has nothing to do with it. I have been at 200 red hours since 30 and will prob never go below 195 again. I cant say why others do it but I do because I made this character to be Pker and I attack ALL other AA or LA players that I see. I don't care if they are lvl 30 or lvl 102 I will attack them regardless even if I know I don't stand a chance, and when I die I say good fight maybe you wont be so lucky next time. I can honestly state that most people don't care about getting PKed, I have killed almost 800 unique people since I started almost 2 months ago and seriously I have made more friends RPKing then being nice to people.

then you really need to wake up and look at the hundreds of people i hear say that rpking sucks and how many of them are about to quit pwi because of that. its really not our loss if we leave the server PWI and rpkers lose out so if they dont want to make rules thats fine we will just leave and you wont have anything to kill anymore :D how does that sound. - PS - there are more than just me im just the only one who is not scared to stand for the people that get harrassed daily.
    edited June 2010
    Fine, you say hundreds of people? Tell them to PM me in game and if I get 200 people telling me that who are over lvl 30 I will never RPK again....
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    then you really need to wake up and look at the hundreds of people i hear say that rpking sucks and how many of them are about to quit pwi because of that. its really not our loss if we leave the server PWI and rpkers lose out so if they dont want to make rules thats fine we will just leave and you wont have anything to kill anymore :D how does that sound. - PS - there are more than just me im just the only one who is not scared to stand for the people that get harrassed daily.
    Harassed? You're not being harassed. It's a PVP server and it's RPK. You're just a random target.

Even if you quit, more people will join the server. Go ahead and quit, you won't be missed.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Harassed? You're not being harassed. It's a PVP server and it's RPK. You're just a random target.

Even if you quit, more people will join the server. Go ahead and quit, you won't be missed.

^This.

To OP: Your chances of being 'R'PKed rise exponentially with the amount you QQ. Believe it or not, you asking PKers to 'plz stop' or 'y u doing this?!' won't help your case. All that does is make them laugh and kill you more so you QQmoar.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Rynoa - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Maby i'm the one who suferd the most PK or RPK or stalcking and stuff like that but God them there are many of us who are sick and tierd of killing nuts. I say the existing penalty is almost usless, because you can fix it or avoid it, in my opinion it could be removed, but in it's place should be a penalty that ...you just get sik of. Something that makes you say : -I'm not killing lowbyes anymore, i'm sick of waiting for this thing to go away. Something that consumes time ,makes you stand around for to long , not allowing you to lvl up or go and kill another one of us.

And the voice of these obsessed pk-ing machines, i can't really hear, i have an ear item for you guys. Let the lowbyes speack, there are more of us than you know , if they only knew this thread was up, you'd be smashed 100 to 1.

[and you know what they say, the majority wins with the most votes]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Personally in me opinion, most of the QQ comes from people who can't think much to begin with.
    <---has played games with worse PK. This game be very easy to avoid PKers. (what with the multiple mob spawns, no griefing rule, etc etc)

Also me only died like....5-7 times total from RPK while leveling from 1-60?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rynoa - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    i've been with a cleric to lvl 75 and got stalcked all the time, been killed 20 times a day, and its very hard to avoid it since the most pk-ers circle around your quest mobs area. If you have a better idea at avoiding it ,please let me know.
  • Sinata - Raging Tide
    Sinata - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think a bounty on their head will be good idea, and more thay killed bigger is bounty. Not only on PvP servers, on PvE servers, too. U kill much lower lvl than u and u get bounty on ure head.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Kicking people in the groin isn't boxing. That's brawling. Just like constantly following a player and PKing them isn't PKing, it's harassment.

To the OP. As many others said, go roll PVE if it really is bothering you that much. RPKing is PKing nonetheless. The merit of it is rather a controversial topic, and as such you can't really go and punish something that isn't concretely defined as right or wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Genlune - Harshlands
    Genlune - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There are three minor changes I think should be made.

For one, I think a lvl 35 character should be able to switch to a different server. That gives everybody 5 lvls to see if they enjoy PvP/PvE, or can people do that already? Note that I wouldn't take part in this because I kind of enjoy the extra excitement.

Two, I believe that people on a timed quest should be able to go blue named temporarily. I don't really mind getting PKed normally, but I don't want to waste time meditating during a timed quest.

Three, I would say that white named players should be completely immune to dropping items. I understand the chances are very low, but I've heard that people do sometimes drop items when white named.

So ya, that's just my opinion. I don't think any of those are very important changes, but they might make the game a bit better.
  • Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    There are three minor changes I think should be made.

For one, I think a lvl 35 character should be able to switch to a different server. That gives everybody 5 lvls to see if they enjoy PvP/PvE, or can people do that already? Note that I wouldn't take part in this because I kind of enjoy the extra excitement.
    Switching servers will never happen, but at level 35 normally you don't have anything valuable yet so it's not too late to switch server. And really, getting to level 35 doesn't take that long.

Two, I believe that people on a timed quest should be able to go blue named temporarily. I don't really mind getting PKed normally, but I don't want to waste time meditating during a timed quest.
    I agree.

Three, I would say that white named players should be completely immune to dropping items. I understand the chances are very low, but I've heard that people do sometimes drop items when white named.
    You've got the Safety Lock and Binding Charms for that.

So ya, that's just my opinion. I don't think any of those are very important changes, but they might make the game a bit better.
    /10characters
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2010

I'm not talking about punishing players, I'm talking about implementing accountability for bullies. There's a difference.

I'm not even saying to prevent people from harassing other players. I'm just suggesting penalties for them to consider.

Kicking people in the groin isn't boxing. That's brawling. Just like constantly following a player and PKing them isn't PKing, it's harassment.

To the OP. As many others said, go roll PVE if it really is bothering you that much. RPKing is PKing nonetheless. The merit of it is rather a controversial topic, and as such you can't really go and punish something that isn't concretely defined as right or wrong.

Yes, there's no definition for right and wrong that's effective right now. That's why this is in the suggestion forum.

I comletely agree that people who decide to play in a PVP server, knowingly or not, need to understand that they will get pk'd eventually. However it's a moot point in this topic when we're talking about harrassment with no effective consequences. Sure, they can get banned, but if you look at some of the topics in the PVP discussion forum, there's players admitting that they haven't been banned yet, implying they should have been. That means right now the system is broken and it's affecting the quality of gameplay for low levels expecially.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps the system of punishing those who harass others through the PK system is flawed. If that is the case, I'm all for better responses, in terms of both speed and effectiveness for those who constantly harass others.

However, this is not the point OP is trying to make. Like you said, if you choose to play on a PVP server, then you should be prepared to be PKed, by all levels. Notice I said PKed, not harassed. OP is trying to remove this entirely. I personally disagree with this, but it's a suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It would be stupid for punishing people for pking, while they play on a PvP server, thats like punishing a blue name on a PvE server. Everybody had to deal with it, there will always be somebody there that can and will kill you. Nomatter how much you dislike it, it still happens. All of the people beg others to stop killing them, not realizing that EVERYBODY does the same thing when they have the chance to.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    It would be stupid for punishing people for pking, while they play on a PvP server, thats like punishing a blue name on a PvE server. Everybody had to deal with it, there will always be somebody there that can and will kill you. Nomatter how much you dislike it, it still happens. All of the people beg others to stop killing them, not realizing that EVERYBODY does the same thing when they have the chance to.

For the third time, it's about penalties for bullying, not pking. Getting killed over and over by the same person is what spawned this thread. That's not pking.

If you get a cell phone, you can expect to get phone calls. However if the same person calls you over and over again, even after you ask them to stop, that's harassment, isnt it? Same thing.