Question on stats

a7xr
a7xr Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
o.o, okie.. So.. I've gone to level 5 without adding stats into Mag, Str, Vitality, and Dex.
I was wondering what is the best way to allocate my stat points.. I really have no clue what I want to do(first time playing), so I figure maybe someone else can give me some advice.. Thanks o.o
Post edited by a7xr on

Comments

• a7xr
    edited June 2010
    also, another few quick questions

I haven't seen any skills at the available spots, is that just because im a low level? Or do I have to do quests or something to unlock skills

Other thing isss.. How do I tame pets? I figured it was a skill or something, but I haven't been able to find it. In the quest where I got my first pet, I had to get some kind of certificate and then bring it to the petmaster, is it always like that?
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Read the Stickys threads up in this section.Theres all the info you need.
    I suggest you follow Light armor build=3mag/1Str/1Dex
    Bye
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The way to go is full magic. 1str, 9 magic every 2 lvls. If you want a little more hp you can add into vit too. But not too much. There are stickey's about the different builds on top of the page btw.
    You can get skills at the venomancer trainer. She's in city of the lost and some other big cities. You can check at what lvl you can get skills by pressing "R" and then click skill tree. This shows all the skills + lvl that you can learn them.
    If you want to learn new skills it wont be like with your first pet. new skills just require x amount of coin and spirit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think waterfal means 1str, 9mag every two levels. otherwise you'd be left with 8 points left over. =)

still, venomancer is a pretty forgiving class; you can build your char fairly unconventionally and have a reasonably easy time playing it regardless. do read the stickied guides, then think about them and make up your own mind.

consider what equipment you might want to use, since some of it has specific requirements for stats you need to use it. arcane armor, for instance, needs one point of strength every two levels to keep up with your level-appropriate kit; that's where the 1str in the above recommendation comes from. but, yes, wearing anything other than arcane armor on a veno might get... a little less forgiving than usual, further down the line.

adding points to vit can make you a little tougher, make it a little easier to survive the game. that's handy for a beginner player, but you may find as you level up further that you reach a point where you no longer need to add more vit. experienced or careful players may never need it at all.

the one stat you almost certainly won't need any of is dex. it wouldn't get you anything you couldn't make up for, and more, by adding the same points into mag instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think waterfal means 1str, 9mag every two levels. otherwise you'd be left with 8 points left over. =)

woops o.o me and my typo's again ^^"" thanks for correcting :3
    *edits post*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • a7xr
    edited June 2010
    Thank you guys so much!:)
  • LadyAdelia - Dreamweaver
    LadyAdelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:pleased Good luck dearie!
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    that is not true a LA venomancer does not do that bad at all so as 2 say no dex is bull **** 2 me.
    what i would like 2 ask is if u wana we a caster (humanform) or a fox ( melee) player.
    once u knew that much its easier 2 knew how 2 help u and dont listen 2 these noobs
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    that is not true a LA venomancer does not do that bad at all so as 2 say no dex is bull **** 2 me.
    what i would like 2 ask is if u wana we a caster (humanform) or a fox ( melee) player.
    once u knew that much its easier 2 knew how 2 help u and dont listen 2 these noobs

If you want high highs, and low lows (but overall low) just use a pataka. No sense in gimping your survivability. For PvE, it's nice having reliable heals.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.