How to advertise for a Group

Sunwraith - Raging Tide
Sunwraith - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, when I try to use World Channel, I get the error messge, "Level too low or no Teleacoustics". Fine, I'm level 23 and I have no Teles, but also I've max'd out my funds for spending in the Cash Shop this month, so how do I advertise for a group if I can't buy Teleacoustics ?

I have quests for FB19, Den of Rabid Wolves, so I stood outside the instance for 4 hours and no group came along, I gained a level killing the mobs around the Den entrance while I was waiting. So I ran or teleported to all 4 major starting cities and asked in General Chat if there were any groups interested in FB 19, but no replies at all, and the cities were quite full.

I'm not going to run around like a headless chicken every time I want to group for an instance, and I think it's very bad form for the devs to force you to buy Teles just so that you can speak in World Chat to request a group.

It's a good job I'm a Venomancer and have the chance to solo the instances, albeit after levelling up about 10 levels above the instance level or so. But not being able to advertise in World Chat for groups is nothing less than irresponsible. How about a daily quest to reward the completion with 10 Teleacoustics so that you have 10 chances per day to advertise for a Group in World Chat ?

Just a thought
Post edited by Sunwraith - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The problem is not that you couldn't find a group, a group wouldn't be where you tried at. Whenever you need a FB and can't use WC, go to West Arch and just say it there. Usually for FB19 and 29, you will get instant replies. FB39 and 51, might take a while, so best to just look for a group doing their BH's with them. At FB59 and above, get wines for the dungeons, most people don't want to do them without wines after that because the dungeons are just too long.

Also, for the daily with tele's as a reward, that would make PWI lose money. I could understand if they gave 2 for getting your tabs for FB, that sounds reasonable. People would just stack up Tele's with a daily like that and it would add even more problems to the economy if anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I got BH59.......and trust me. That dungeon doesn't take long when you have a good squad.

Oh, a tip. When you reach your fb51. Just say "Willing to wine a fb/bh51, invite me/pm me" or junk like that and you'll get your fb done. ^_^

Also, don't forget to join a faction as some point. They are usually the first people to ask for help.
  • HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide
    HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    By level 19 you should have 15k-20k which is enough to tele to west arch and buy a tele for 14k-15k.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I got BH59.......and trust me. That dungeon doesn't take long when you have a good squad.

Oh, a tip. When you reach your fb51. Just say "Willing to wine a fb/bh51, invite me/pm me" or junk like that and you'll get your fb done. ^_^

Also, don't forget to join a faction as some point. They are usually the first people to ask for help.

No one wines fb51 because it would just **** you over since you need to kill mobs in there for quests.

If you need FBs, go to west arch or the platform in the middle of arch and shout you have tabs. People will eventually come along and help you. It may not be instant (except maybe for fb29 because it's short and easy) but eventually you'll get people.
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Ignore the majority of this post and do not wine fb 51. You need mobs in there for quests you won't get if you wine it. >.>
    <3 Tapout <3
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010

Okay, that is a BH, 3 bosses. Now Add 2 more bosses in there, the tokens the tabber has to collect, the center. It doesn't take all too long, but it is much shorter wined with having a Barb aggro the bosses and pull them to the center. Really, after the bosses are killed in a wined FB, you can just clear the mobs from the center and leave, as mobs aren't in the way of the tokens that can't be avoided.

You don't need to wine FB59, but it makes everything much easier, as well as avoids anyone else wining and saying "now that I wined, I get your drops."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
    edited June 2010
    Jesus christ....nagging on a single point in a post...>.>

I never said u have to have the wines, just save ur willing to do it or w/e. Saying your willing to wine something will get you a squad quicker then anything else.

Oh and @ ACL: I've been in a squad of all lvl 75-79 people w/ 1 lvl 59 who needed fb. Guy had all the quests and everything was fine. It wasn't wined, and we were done in under 2 hrs.
    So, i don't know why people complain about that place :/
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can buy teles from other people you know... they are not exactly expensive either.

Plenty of shops sell hundreds of them in west archo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Jesus christ....nagging on a single point in a post...>.>

I never said u have to have the wines, just save ur willing to do it or w/e. Saying your willing to wine something will get you a squad quicker then anything else.

Oh and @ ACL: I've been in a squad of all lvl 75-79 people w/ 1 lvl 59 who needed fb. Guy had all the quests and everything was fine. It wasn't wined, and we were done in under 2 hrs.
    So, i don't know why people complain about that place :/

Two hours I honestly don't find very much worth it, which is why I said, it is preferred wined. 69 only takes about two hours for a BH squad as well, but I don't plan on doing that without wines either. It just simply isn't worth the time to do, but that is just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    ACL: May not be worth the time to you, but to a person who has never seen a fb59 before it is a valuable experience for when they have to do it in their BH version.

It's also why the only dungeon's i'm gonna wine are 89/99 ^.^
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    ACL: May not be worth the time to you, but to a person who has never seen a fb59 before it is a valuable experience for when they have to do it in their BH version.

It's also why the only dungeon's i'm gonna wine are 89/99 ^.^

Well, I certainly hope you find decent squads till then. Nonetheless, I believe you will agree once you have had 5+ characters that many dungeons are just an annoyance to run without wines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hirad - Dreamweaver
    Hirad - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    We got an FB chat room open almost 24/7 on dreamweaver full of ppl waiting to help with fbs xD

Wonder if any other server has that?b:question
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    We got an FB chat room open almost 24/7 on dreamweaver full of ppl waiting to help with fbs xD

Wonder if any other server has that?b:question

nah, we are awesomeb:cool