New toon

bcapitani10
bcapitani10 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hey y'all.

I used to play in Sanctuary but I wanna give a try in a PvP server now and I heard LC was quite a good place to go.

My question is, what should I make? BM or an Archer?
I already played all races but never went too far with those 2.
Post edited by bcapitani10 on

Comments

• Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't waste your time this game is on the verge of death and this server has gone to ****.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    make fist BMs, they r awesome
  • Whiteshade - Lost City
    Whiteshade - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well its a PVP server, so i would suggest an archer. True that fists bms are strong but i will have to say that archer's have more fun in pvp while bms will need hard CSing to get your gear right to do more than just stun ,buff and assist attacking.

In my opinion, go sin. Should be the most enjoyable in pvp.
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm an archer and perhaps I am a big fail but I always found that I suck at PvP and have only gotten better at very high levels. Although I do know some very very scary archers!!

If an archer doesn't get that first sniper shot or is not successful in evading hits (kiting) then they are fairly easy to kill - or okay I am fairly easy to kill LOL (I am talking same level vs same level).

Fists BM's cut through me really fast, mages can one-shot me, barbs with perds can one-shot me (if they connect), I do fairly well against venos and clerics but not certain of a win tho, haven't gone up against sins or phycs much yet so not sure about them LOL

I like my archer but have never understood why people say they are (or perhaps were) the best PvP class LOL

I think every class has good points and bad points so just a matter of personal preference LOL
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't waste your time this game is on the verge of death and this server has gone to ****.

so then leave and give me all your gear noob

silver i love my archer its nice when im losing a fight and get a lucky crt and kill them b:victory
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm an archer and perhaps I am a big fail but I always found that I suck at PvP and have only gotten better at very high levels. Although I do know some very very scary archers!!

If an archer doesn't get that first sniper shot or is not successful in evading hits (kiting) then they are fairly easy to kill - or okay I am fairly easy to kill LOL (I am talking same level vs same level).

Fists BM's cut through me really fast, mages can one-shot me, barbs with perds can one-shot me (if they connect), I do fairly well against venos and clerics but not certain of a win tho, haven't gone up against sins or phycs much yet so not sure about them LOL

I like my archer but have never understood why people say they are (or perhaps were) the best PvP class LOL

I think every class has good points and bad points so just a matter of personal preference LOL

Archer is (or at least was) a really nice class to PK on. Back in the days when I was active on my archer I had only one serious problem - Blademasters. They could outrun me, they didn't miss me as much as did barbs (while I did miss them quite a lot), they had enough HP as to be hard to kill especially if they wore an HP charm. As far as the other basic classes are concerned, here are my impressions.

Wizards - If you get them first, they're a 1-shot, especially if they're wearing robes. Even if they have HP charm, you're bound to land a crit before they manage to cast something that can hurt you. Just pray they don't have 2 sparks to unleash their sutra combo cause that thing channels instantly and after it all hell breaks loose. And if they hit you first, you're a 1-shot too BTW.

Barbarians - Lots of HP, lots of Pdef. Those are pretty nasty, but they've an incredible weakness which you can exploit as an archer and that is their very, very low accuracy. Indeed, I used to be like 55 when I duelled a 85 barb for fun. He tried using skills to kill me, but he kept missing me 7-8 times in a row. In that time I used the metal damage debuff and kept hitting him with the metal attacks. He was left with about 1.5k hp out of 8k when he finally managed to kill me (I had 1.7k HP at the time). Just be careful, cause if they've an HP charm, they can't die even if you gank up on them with 2-3 more people. In that case, try using the DoT attacks and keep debuffing them, hoping for a lucky metal attack crit after you've sparked.

Venomancers - Just like wizards, unless they're heavy or light armour. As long as you get the first hit and aim for the veno and not the pet first, they're dead in no time. If you don't manage to kill them quickly, they'll send off their phoenix or some other pet with bugged bleed at you and that alone may be enough to kill you.

Clerics - May vary from 1-shots to pretty hard. If they haven't put vit in their builds and don't have enough HP shards, may well be a 1-shot as long as you land the first hit. If they spot you though, things get pretty messy. They've Plume Shell which absorbs a huge amount of the physical damage you inflict into mana instead of HP. Also, they've buffs and heals which aid them quite a lot in combat. It's likely that they'll sleep you and then try to 1-shot you with tempest. The really tricky ones will also use their debuffs and a tempest after being debuffed hurts like ****. It's best to try and 1-shot them using all your firepower before they've managed to sleep/heal/debuff/tempest. If that fails and especially if you see them putting on Plume Shell, run like hell and return only after their plume shell has expired and is still in cooldown. If they manage to sleep you, you might as well be dead though.

Archers - It's almost always down to who gets the first hit. If you do and score a crit, they're pretty much dead. Works both ways though. If a fight lasts too long, you may try to use metal debuff and metal attacks. Will always be a fight involving a lot of luck because you'll both depend on crits to finish off each other.

As you see, being an archer is or at least was a lot of fun. You can kill most classes as long as you hit them first. Even if they've HP charms, that shouldn't be much of a problem for your quick attacks and regular crits.

Nowadays with sins being an archer is pretty ****ed up though. Sins will approach you in stealth (or even teleport directly to you), stun you and you'll be left unable to respond to their attacks while they crit you to death. That's what makes PvP as an archer not as good as it used to be in the past. But don't forget that as long as you hit them first and lead with a stun, then use metal debuffs and other metal attacks, you might as well win even against them. So archer still rocks. b:laugh
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    make fist BMs, they r awesome

or make fish bms instead b:chuckle
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Archer is (or at least was) a really nice class to PK on. Back in the days when I was active on my archer I had only one serious problem - Blademasters. They could outrun me, they didn't miss me as much as did barbs (while I did miss them quite a lot), they had enough HP as to be hard to kill especially if they wore an HP charm. As far as the other basic classes are concerned, here are my impressions.

Wizards - If you get them first, they're a 1-shot, especially if they're wearing robes. Even if they have HP charm, you're bound to land a crit before they manage to cast something that can hurt you. Just pray they don't have 2 sparks to unleash their sutra combo cause that thing channels instantly and after it all hell breaks loose. And if they hit you first, you're a 1-shot too BTW.

Barbarians - Lots of HP, lots of Pdef. Those are pretty nasty, but they've an incredible weakness which you can exploit as an archer and that is their very, very low accuracy. Indeed, I used to be like 55 when I duelled a 85 barb for fun. He tried using skills to kill me, but he kept missing me 7-8 times in a row. In that time I used the metal damage debuff and kept hitting him with the metal attacks. He was left with about 1.5k hp out of 8k when he finally managed to kill me (I had 1.7k HP at the time). Just be careful, cause if they've an HP charm, they can't die even if you gank up on them with 2-3 more people. In that case, try using the DoT attacks and keep debuffing them, hoping for a lucky metal attack crit after you've sparked.

Venomancers - Just like wizards, unless they're heavy or light armour. As long as you get the first hit and aim for the veno and not the pet first, they're dead in no time. If you don't manage to kill them quickly, they'll send off their phoenix or some other pet with bugged bleed at you and that alone may be enough to kill you.

Clerics - May vary from 1-shots to pretty hard. If they haven't put vit in their builds and don't have enough HP shards, may well be a 1-shot as long as you land the first hit. If they spot you though, things get pretty messy. They've Plume Shell which absorbs a huge amount of the physical damage you inflict into mana instead of HP. Also, they've buffs and heals which aid them quite a lot in combat. It's likely that they'll sleep you and then try to 1-shot you with tempest. The really tricky ones will also use their debuffs and a tempest after being debuffed hurts like ****. It's best to try and 1-shot them using all your firepower before they've managed to sleep/heal/debuff/tempest. If that fails and especially if you see them putting on Plume Shell, run like hell and return only after their plume shell has expired and is still in cooldown. If they manage to sleep you, you might as well be dead though.

Archers - It's almost always down to who gets the first hit. If you do and score a crit, they're pretty much dead. Works both ways though. If a fight lasts too long, you may try to use metal debuff and metal attacks. Will always be a fight involving a lot of luck because you'll both depend on crits to finish off each other.

As you see, being an archer is or at least was a lot of fun. You can kill most classes as long as you hit them first. Even if they've HP charms, that shouldn't be much of a problem for your quick attacks and regular crits.

Nowadays with sins being an archer is pretty ****ed up though. Sins will approach you in stealth (or even teleport directly to you), stun you and you'll be left unable to respond to their attacks while they crit you to death. That's what makes PvP as an archer not as good as it used to be in the past. But don't forget that as long as you hit them first and lead with a stun, then use metal debuffs and other metal attacks, you might as well win even against them. So archer still rocks. b:laugh

sir, you know nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • scale190
    scale190 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010

dude ur lvl 101 wtf is ur problem leave the lil kitties alone gahb:angry