Pressing enter on launcher = browse for .cup file?

Options
Miharu - Raging Tide
Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Support Desk
umm yeah. When I open up the client and press enter, w/o clicking anything elce, it opens up a browser, much like the one to upload a file when sending a ticket, looking for a .cup file. any idea why it does that?

EDIT: I am using Steam's in game userface (Allows me to browse the internet and chat to friends not playing PWI by pressing Shift+Tab, so i dont have to minimise. not a ****, as its used by many games and optional for ones that dont have it built in), but it starts only when i launch the game in fullscreen, and im at the launcher. Pluss its worked fine before.
Post edited by Miharu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Try to only run the game from the shortcut or game launcher.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My game was crashing a while ago, so i varified. fixed the crash now, but while i was getting it to work, the .cup file search still apeared durring the launcher when i used the shortcut created by the installer. Its not really a problem, just odd..

and the .cup file IS in the launcher. Dont press anything then click enter.
  • Cyriaella - Raging Tide
    Cyriaella - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    .cup is the extension it requests when you manual patch from the launcher. So by simply hitting enter you're opening the manual patch option.
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh.. xD

Is that what it is? I thought it was like some random mess up when coding.. xD

Thankyou!
This discussion has been closed.