which did you choose? sage or demon?

Options
Glowfish - Lost City
Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Psychic
i'm curious. just got 89 (been offline for a while). i've seen the skills list for demon/sage, and i'm having trouble deciding.

so apart from voting, if you could maybe write a few lines as to why you chose the way you did that would be fantastic :)

b:victory
Post edited by Glowfish - Lost City on

Comments

• Hawt_Angel - Dreamweaver
    Hawt_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    when my phychic hits 89 i'll go sage because i found the demon skills kinda bad, but remember its your decision b:victory
  • Caillan - Heavens Tear
    Caillan - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Same as the person above me, I'm not 89 yet, but I'm going to choose sage because it seems pretty balanced.
  • Sedah - Harshlands
    Sedah - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sage cause u can do AoE at wood mobs that give u green skull.Bubbles of Life will remove all negative effect so u can do AoE as a cleric :D
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thanks people. i was planning on going sage since before the patch came out, but i suddenly couldn't decide once i really had to make the choice.

anywho, went with sage. can't wait til my soul of vengeance is no longer referred to as 'the green curse' b:chuckle

@ Sedah...Psychic Will is supposed to get rid of all negative effects but doesn't do away with poison...

i wonder if this 'feature' will be the case with the bubble purify also. anyone tested it yet?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sage = Defense

Demon = Offense

Simple as that. Generally the Sage skills will look more appetizing since they increase the duration of your best buffs and debuffs, but some of those Demon skills aren't half bad either. Honestly, I sorta think they're underestimated. I for one would love to have demon Aqua Cannon. That thing would definitely leave a mark.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    @ Sedah...Psychic Will is supposed to get rid of all negative effects but doesn't do away with poison...

Wut? Maybe you just get poisoned again right after.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    is sage aoe purify really that usefull?

ok, you get another purify for no chi (but with 1200 mana cost) so you can purify yourself every 15sec.. but I wouldnt call using 1200 mana every 15sec efficient grining ;/

in parties, so far I only encountered noxtouch and a boss in fc (i'm not really sure though, i've only done one run xD) and it's not something a cleric cannot handle...

so is there any boss that casts aoe curses every 30sec or so that cannot be handled easily by a cleric?
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The krimson looking wb in harshlands and ancient evil looking wb in trade wind both cast nasty aoe poison. Harpy Wraith probably does the same. Try looking at ecatomb.
  • SphereLord - Raging Tide
    SphereLord - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Does anyone have a list of the sage or demon skills? On wiki and another site someone gave me there is no list for psychics yet.

Personally I think i'd go for demon (Though I don't really know the difference specificly)

Because:
    The psychic does high damage and casts fast, what's better than to make it even more destructive!
    I believe in this quote: "The best defence is a good offence" :D if the enemy dies before you it's all good, no need to have extra defence it will probably have the same turn out only take longer. (But that's just what I think as a noob using my experiences from other games :P)

Also I've always found it fun to be the 'evil guy' in games. :)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Personally I made the decision to go sage, and went sage, long before the skills were out or even determined for several reasons.

1. Psychic chi gain too low on its own.
    2. consistancy of damage casters being higher single hits as sage... wizard and cleric mainly

After the skills announcements, I would add the following.

3. Bubble of Life Purify
    4. increased Psychic Will duration
    5. increased Soul Burn duration
    6. 50% sparkless Earth Vector
    7. 50% 1 spark Red Tide
    8. no mana cost on Soul of Vengeance
    9. I was already over 20k soulforce sage soul of stunning becomes better than demon at 24k btw, not 40k
    10. quicker/slower charm ticks with the Vigors
    11. higher attack level/defense level with the voodoos
    12. larger aoe with sandburst

seems like a good set of 10 skills that are clearly more beneficial than demon... (6&7 because you can then spark more often or use the 100 skill more often)
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Does anyone have a list of the sage or demon skills? On wiki and another site someone gave me there is no list for psychics yet.

self advertising:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=764022
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sage = Defense

Demon = Offense

Teh gasp!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I went sage.

1) For the no mp suck of soul of vengeance
    2) For the purify on bubble of life (which is useful in many situations)
    3) Chi. Lots and lots of chi.
    4) I already have a character that went demon, so it's only fair to go for the little white fairy and the white spark.
    5) Related to #4--the little white fairy and white spark matches my outfits :P)
    6) ???
    7) Profit?

There are more reasons, but it's habit not to go past 7. Even if the last 2 aren't reasons at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    demon - crit crit ... well and ... crit

felt like i dont really need the extra defense from sage

and by the time i can +10 armors +12 weapon ,,, i should have the pocket moneys to switch sage lol
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sage all reason listed above and many other

and i like the idea of using sage buble of life + expel = immun to phys for 9-10 sec and remove silence effect so you can atk, then just use psy will (+10sec immunity to phys)
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sage all reason listed above and many other

and i like the idea of using sage buble of life + expel = immun to phys for 9-10 sec and remove silence effect so you can atk, then just use psy will (+10sec immunity to phys)

lol u cant cast bb of life while u are silenced ...
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol u cant cast bb of life while u are silenced ...

start channeling bubble, cast expel
    expel doesnt interrupt channeling, it's just silence
    then bubble purifies the silence of expel