New sin needs help!

forumname9
forumname9 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Assassin
Hello all, I have just started playing PWI and so I don't know much about all this, so help a guy out here will ya?

Question 1: What exactly is a "interval" sin? I keep hearing(seeing actually, lol) all this talk about skill spammers and interval sins, I'm pretty sure that I know what a "skill spammer" is, due to its name(a sin that uses skills repeatedly, correct?), but I have no idea whatsoever about this "interval" sin.

Question 2: Are there different ways I should build each type of sin? Like what skills should I learn if I'm a skill spammer or a interval sin? And how should I distribute the stat points for each type of sin, or are they both the same build?

Question 3: Which type of sin(if there are other types of sins, please let me know) is better overall, the skill spammer sin or the interval sin? If you say that each is good in certain situations, than please tell me WHAT situations each sin will be best at, like for example: a interval sin is best at killing a boss that is 100 lvls higher than it is(if you took that seriously, than you're pretty dumb, lol).

Question 4: What are the pros and cons of each type of sin?

Question 5: Whats the best genie for a sin? The one genie that I keep seeing over and over on the forums for sins is the "Str Genie" which is the pink 1 I assume? But just in case that isn't the best genie OVERALL for us sins, than what is? If you're one of those people who say there isn't a "best overall" genie than, can you list which genie will help in what situation? For example, which 1 will help me the most when I'm grinding, or PvPing, or anything?

Question 6: How should I distribute the stat points on my genie? Like should I put all the points in Str or what? If it depends on the genie, than please list how I should distribute it for each genie.

Question 7: What skills should I learn on my genie?

Question 8: Where should I place the Affinity points? I assume it depends on what skill I want, correct?

Also, just in case this might help you answer my questions, I'll be doing both PvE and PvP. And please don't use letters(I can't think of what you would call these right now, lol) like FB or TT or anything that will confuse a new player please.
Post edited by forumname9 on

Comments

• Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Jut don't listen to Lingzi and you'll be fine, shes a big fat troll.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • sumel007pl
    sumel007pl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Interval sin is sin that uses gear with -interval between hits. It makes his normal attacks hit faster (up to 5 attacks per second)
    2. Well, skill spammer would like skills that hits hard, such as slipstream strike, while interval should focus on skills that gives him chi (tackling slash, rising dragon slash, inner harmony). And about stats, they have same builds (either pure dex, or some vit to it)
    3. Interval is usually better, but much more expensive. Interval has better dps (damage per second), while skillspamer has better damage per hit.
    4. ^
    5. Well, so far (almost lvl 60) I've been using pink full str genie. It's pretty nice, because second wind heals you more (it's str based skill), and tangling mire reduces enemy's physical defense more (useful against barbs and bms)
    6. Full str. You might want to get full dex genie later, for some other skills, but you should be fine with full str for a looong time.
    7. Second wind is very useful ("oh ****" button). Tangling mire is nice when you start PKing, but not realy useful in pve. Rest is up to you. You should be fine with just second wind for pve.
    8. Yup, it depends on what skills you want to get. Just look up for a genie skill you want, and then place affinity points to get it :).
  • forumname9
    forumname9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sumel007pl wrote: »
    1. Interval sin is sin that uses gear with -interval between hits. It makes his normal attacks hit faster (up to 5 attacks per second)
    2. Well, skill spammer would like skills that hits hard, such as slipstream strike, while interval should focus on skills that gives him chi (tackling slash, rising dragon slash, inner harmony). And about stats, they have same builds (either pure dex, or some vit to it)
    3. Interval is usually better, but much more expensive. Interval has better dps (damage per second), while skillspamer has better damage per hit.
    4. ^
    5. Well, so far (almost lvl 60) I've been using pink full str genie. It's pretty nice, because second wind heals you more (it's str based skill), and tangling mire reduces enemy's physical defense more (useful against barbs and bms)
    6. Full str. You might want to get full dex genie later, for some other skills, but you should be fine with full str for a looong time.
    7. Second wind is very useful ("oh ****" button). Tangling mire is nice when you start PKing, but not realy useful in pve. Rest is up to you. You should be fine with just second wind for pve.
    8. Yup, it depends on what skills you want to get. Just look up for a genie skill you want, and then place affinity points to get it :).

Ah, okay thanks for the info. b:pleased But theres a few more things thats bothering me right now. Can you become both a skillspammer and a interval sin? Like I'll be a skillspammer in the beginning but later on, I'll switch to being a interval sin, is that possible? And to become a interval sin, I will have to get the best interval gear to get more APS correct? If that is correct...than what will the gear that skill spammers use, have in it? Because I don't see why skillspammers would need interval gear since it won't really affect them at all since they will use skills, and APS won't affect it, right? Does that mean I have to get 2 sets of gear if I wanna be both a skillspammer and a interval sin? Is it also possible to learn all skills and be able to max each skill, or is it like other games where there are limited amounts of skills you can get? If it is possible to get all skills, than what I plan to do is:
    1. Get all skills(or all good skills, depending on how useless a certain skill is to me).
    2. Max each skill.
    3. Get the best interval gear I can get.
    4. Get the best gear that skillspammers would use.
  • sumel007pl
    sumel007pl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    And to become a interval sin, I will have to get the best interval gear to get more APS correct?
    No point in having gear that gives you 999999 APS, because 5 APS is max, no metter how much interval you have. You don't even have to have 5 APS on the gear, you can have a little bit less (Im too lazy to do math here), because demon spark increases your attack speed by 25%. So once you get enough interval to get 5 APS with demon spark-you can stop. Getting 5 APS with sage is harder (sage spark doesn't give you 25% speed, it gives 25% damage reduction), but as far as I know it's possible. Only point in having more then 5 APS is when you are demon and you want to have 5 APS while using demon chill of the deep.
    Like I'll be a skillspammer in the beginning but later on, I'll switch to being a interval sin, is that possible?
    Sure, you just have to get gear with -interval.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/buttons/submit_reply.gif
    Does that mean I have to get 2 sets of gear if I wanna be both a skillspammer and a interval sin?
    You just need -interval gear, to be interval sin. You can be skillspammer no metter what gear you have, so 1 set (interval) is enough to be both skillspammer and interval.
    Is it also possible to learn all skills and be able to max each skill, or is it like other games where there are limited amounts of skills you can get?
    You can learn all skills, and you probably will at later lvls, but the problem is that in low-mid lvls you will lack a lot of spirit and maybe coins to get all skills you want.