Leveling Thru The 70's as a Psychic

Options
Dyscordian - Dreamweaver
Dyscordian - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Psychic
OK so im having a little trouble getting thru the 70's on my psy since we get excluded from gamma and such and i was wondering wat are some of the effective ways to get thru these levels that i can do consistantly..(excluding cs bh wq and nein beast) your feedback and assistance is greatly appriciated
Psychic....Discord in Humanoid form
Post edited by Dyscordian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There's always Oracles, lol. >_O;

Or combine Crusade Orders and do the quests off those? Or just...grind...that's consistant at least. XD And it's x2 EXP/Spirit these two weeks, I believe.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    umm 70s? o.o thats when i aoe grinded at nightscream, (will, sandburst, shards, vector, cannon, dead)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Public Quest 1 down at shattered cloud reef and Rotflesh trench. Not many psys there, but I think they just don't realize.

Though I was 80 in the early days of its existance, I went down there around 75 and hit #1 on the ranking during just the elite mob portion.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PQ is good exp throughout the 70s but for a psychic it can get expensive if you want to place first. You will need a lot of mp pots and possibly hp pots too. But it depends on when you do it and how popular it is on your server. If there's like 5 people doing it, then you can just chill, get some contri and meditate to recover mp and get at least 80k exp.

After my dailies, I go there on my 7x sin and almost always get 1st for 130k exp + the exp from killing the mobs which probably also ends up being like 100-200k exp. Doing this, I'm leveling once a day.

There's a psy I see sometimes there. He stops killing about 3/4 of the way through phase 1 and starts aoeing phase 2 mobs. I'm pretty sure he's charmed so it's costly but he usually gets pretty high ranked. If you can bring a cleric to help you, you could do the same minus the charm costs.
  • Dyscordian - Dreamweaver
    Dyscordian - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thank you guys for the public quest tip #1 2 times in a row .. i might actuall be able 2 get out of the 70's soon
    Psychic....Discord in Humanoid form
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    1)bh
    2)wq (yes it is boring but is also a great opportunity to clean you desk, take the trash out etc etc)

3)pq. psys (and sins) rock in pq:D the mana cost is quite big until 75 but then you can use the mana food yuiacannotspellname.

hints: begin as soon as possible, go fast and kill fast in the first stage
    kill the fire dogs and the water slugs
    i used the +8blessing but with the +30 blessing is should be even easier
    mp regen apothecary is quite useful (focus powder etc)
    also the blue orb for +6k mp XD

for phase 2 you could either be aggresive, get aggro, spend pots/charm (or squad a cleric) or stand back and hit while a tank has aggro
    depents on your budget, the competition and whether you think that the extra medal for the first place is worth it. if I remember right the first place is 10 and the second,third 8. so 3 medals is ~26k exp so sometimes I choose not to try too hard

phase 3
    just stand back and dont take aggro
    you can tank the boss, propably some cleric will heal you even if you are out of squad because if you fly away the boss could reset
    but you dont get extra points and ruin your armor...
    the bosses give ~300 points normally so it's not a phase that will really affect the outcome if you are ahead by 1000pointsb:victory

4)cs
    5)hyper a wraith invasion/legion attack/whatever they call it
    well, you cannot find on when you want but if you are lucky enough and you are in one you can always forget the drops and focus on killing. with 5x I got 1mil exp in 30min and also got ~300k drops
    on the other hand when I didnt focus on the exp I made ~1mil

6)quests