What bm should i be?

Options
Aryeh - Dreamweaver
Aryeh - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Blademaster
Hey guys, im just wondering what bm i should be (fist/claw,axe/hammer,sword/blade,polearms) for the new bm im making on a pvp server. Any suggestions? im open to all ideas.
Post edited by Aryeh - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aryeh - Dreamweaver
    Aryeh - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Someone plz help me out, ive never had a bm and i need help knowing which weapons to useb:surrender
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    read the stickies
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People not like read the long boring sticky's also info is pretty old some things might have changed.
    Okay ill try make simple

There only 2 BMs to choose from

Axe(me)
    Fist

This how you choose

Axe if want to deal massive damage and Aoe and also have HF best Debuff EVER every squad wants you have this(go Sage best skills and better tanking)

Fist you hit very fast and in high levels you hit as fast as lightning with -int gear this is a overused and overrated way (Note: ONLY go this path if going Demon otherwise its useless)
    2ndary choosing process

Axe You will need more HP allowing you to Tank most mobs(not mag) and several bosses

Fist need insane amount dex meaning no HP unless shard and refine you will hit a lot but die a lot
    3rd (optional)

Most BMs duel wep class

If Axe main then Pole secondary

If Fist main then sword secondary

Some do Pole or Sword main this not advised

A lot of people do Fist/Axe Advised don't yes access to both skills but will have NO HP due to wep requirement unless again shard and refine a TON
    4th Option

Axe Skill all are good and you will use them ALL

Fist skills 2 useless never get past level 1 other 2 not so good

This means how much coin gonna need for skills
    5th Option (What cultural path)

You can choose a wep class do to this never done before but ehh ya can

Sage=Axe and Pole

Demon=Sword and Fist

(Sage give a lot more def on spark and also hit harder and instant chi and overall has more better skills)

(Demon Hit faster there other skill not sure about also had 4 good skill better then Sage)

That all i can say i myself and a 85 Axe BM going Sag.

Everyone's playing style different how you play determines what weapon path you go.

Good luck on choosing post what ya choose and if it was at all helpful.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    read the stickies

Thanks for being so helpful.

You're a bm. You use 4 weapons.

I'd recommend starting out axe and converting to fist later. Alot of people will say around level 85 you should restat to fists, but I enjoyed it the entire time and didn't want to pay for the restat so I'd even recommend adding to dex at around 45.

Axe skills early, fist skills middle to late, supplement sword and pole and see how ya like them. Pole can easily replace axe if ya like them better.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Axe if want to deal massive damage and Aoe and also have HF best Debuff EVER every squad wants you have this(go Sage best skills and better tanking)

Massive damage? Axes have spike damage but in no way deal "massive damage".
    Fist you hit very fast and in high levels you hit as fast as lightning with -int gear this is a overused and overrated way (Note: ONLY go this path if going Demon otherwise its useless)

You won't believe how many fisties switched from Demon to Sage because they can now reach 5 aps without Demon Spark.
    Axe You will need more HP allowing you to Tank most mobs(not mag) and several bosses

What good is your HP if you can't keep aggro? It usually ends up with either the rest of party gimping their damage so you won't lose aggro, or the Cleric burning up mana on BB because the party refuses to gimp.
    Most BMs duel wep class

If Axe main then Pole secondary

If Fist main then sword secondary

Lol? How does sword complement fists?
    Sage=Axe and Pole

Demon=Sword and Fist

(Sage give a lot more def on spark and also hit harder and instant chi and overall has more better skills)

(Demon Hit faster there other skill not sure about also had 4 good skill better then Sage)

Really? You claim to be an Axe BM and you want to go Sage because it has "more better skills"? Really?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Massive damage? Axes have spike damage but in no way deal "massive damage".

Hate to say it but Ranfa the idiot is right there.
    You won't believe how many fisties switched from Demon to Sage because they can now reach 5 aps without Demon Spark.

Eh, wow.
    What good is your HP if you can't keep aggro? It usually ends up with either the rest of party gimping their damage so you won't lose aggro, or the Cleric burning up mana on BB because the party refuses to gimp.

Vice versa as well, try tanking with full aggro and low HP + defense, then talk.
    Lol? How does sword complement fists?

Ignorant failure statement there, sword and fists make a nice combo, infact, if you can combine weapons nicely. I have been doing fist/shadowless kick then sword/auto attack. I done some more duels with my duel sword and beat an axe BM with my dual blades mainly auto attacking. I got screen shot to prove that too.
    Really? You claim to be an Axe BM and you want to go Sage because it has "more better skills"? Really?

You are completely talking nonsense here "people are going sage because they reach 5 aps already" Now this? Make up your mind troll.

To the OP, I recommend for starters. Use sword or poles. In the beginning, single swords have the best dps in normal attacks. You don't just get intervals like that. Swords for the fastest starting kills, or pole for the good amount of HP. You get a trial poleblade at LVL20.

Try going either
    5 STR, 2 DEX, 3 VIT every 2 LVLs till LVL 20
    5 STR, 3 DEX, 2 VIT every 2 LVLs till LVL 20
    3 STR, 2 DEX every LVL.

You can use multiple weapons too, but its up to you. We cannot decide for you.

You won't get separate weapon skill trees till LVL29. Thats where you should read Lyundara's guide about builds, although she have her biased statements about fists on a BM, just do some research. Have fun with your build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    3 str 2 dex per level as vit as you feel neesecary as long as you can use all weapons at lvl

please dont listen to the axe drone and yulk...well he's the "special" of the bm fourums cant tell if its a troll or actually beleives what it says...either way....scary
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options

Explain.
    Vice versa as well, try tanking with full aggro and low HP + defense, then talk.

Sorry can't help there. I have about 7k HP, 9k buffed, 16k physical defense, and 8k magic defense with Demon Marrow. I have base Vit of 6. The only bosses I dare not to tank are WBs and Ancient Evil/Twilight Emperor and those following. I guess an Axe BM would do better at these...oh wait.
    Ignorant failure statement there, sword and fists make a nice combo, infact, if you can combine weapons nicely. I have been doing fist/shadowless kick then sword/auto attack. I done some more duels with my duel sword and beat an axe BM with my dual blades mainly auto attacking. I got screen shot to prove that too.

How does that counter my argument? Instead of switching to sword after shadowless kick, I could just stay with fists instead of auto attacking with swords because it's more effective. Swords don't complement fists. Be less fail please.
    You are completely talking nonsense here "people are going sage because they reach 5 aps already" Now this? Make up your mind troll.

Did I at any point say turning Sage from Demon is a good idea? I only used it to counter the argument that using Fists as Sage is useless. Point me to where I said "sage skills are better than demon skills".

How about you learn to read and not be a complete idiot.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    3 str 2 dex per level as vit as you feel neesecary as long as you can use all weapons at lvl

please dont listen to the axe drone and yulk...well he's the "special" of the bm fourums cant tell if its a troll or actually beleives what it says...either way....scary

^^^^ b:victoryb:laugh^^^^ this.

Most people have stopped replying to Yulk because he is an idiot. I wasn't going to waste the energy, but...

-Sword auto attack when you have fists? wth? Fist have most dps of any weapon and are best used without skills.
    -Axe barbs have the most hp but cannot tank because they can't hold aggro. The're very mediocre except excellent aoers.
    -3strength 2 dex gives ya all weapons and you'll have enough vitality for almost everything you need.
    ~Axe have high dmg per hit, slow attack speed, makes them one of the least damage doing weapons.
    ~Linduras guide is a decent guide for beginners. She was originally an axe bm but rewrote it once people realized fists are awesome and axes aren't that good. Still slightly biased, and very basic.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Explain.
    You done that part already

Sorry can't help there. I have about 7k HP, 9k buffed, 16k physical defense, and 8k magic defense with Demon Marrow. I have base Vit of 6. The only bosses I dare not to tank are WBs and Ancient Evil/Twilight Emperor and those following. I guess an Axe BM would do better at these...oh wait.

Gears.
    How does that counter my argument? Instead of switching to sword after shadowless kick, I could just stay with fists instead of auto attacking with swords because it's more effective. Swords don't complement fists. Be less fail please.

Eating your own words? Its rare for BMs below 80 to get -intervals right? Exactly. Single swords have 1.11 aps while fists have 1.43 aps which will attack 32 more attacks in 100 seconds. When it comes from quicker kills, swords beat fists because swords do more physical damage. Again, when it comes to large amounts of time fists hits more, swords takes out quicker battles easier than fists. Thats before intervals. Swords and fists are balanced. L2P instead of pulling teeth out of your mouth to buy a huge stack of intervals.

Fail less please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^^ b:victoryb:laugh^^^^ this.

Most people have stopped replying to Yulk because he is an idiot. I wasn't going to waste the energy, but...

-Sword auto attack when you have fists? wth? Fist have most dps of any weapon and are best used without skills.
    -Axe barbs have the most hp but cannot tank because they can't hold aggro. The're very mediocre except excellent aoers.
    -3strength 2 dex gives ya all weapons and you'll have enough vitality for almost everything you need.
    ~Axe have high dmg per hit, slow attack speed, makes them one of the least damage doing weapons.
    ~Linduras guide is a decent guide for beginners. She was originally an axe bm but rewrote it once people realized fists are awesome and axes aren't that good. Still slightly biased, and very basic.

think she was axe/poleb:surrender

fists build chi faster swords are only higher DPS till you get 2x spark yulk also DQ bracers are cheap for what they do and come at lvl 60

most bm's seem to think like you though so job security for the rest of us
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    think she was axe/poleb:surrender

fists build chi faster swords are only higher DPS till you get 2x spark yulk also DQ bracers are cheap for what they do and come at lvl 60

most bm's seem to think like you though so job security for the rest of us

Yes, Lyundara was an axe/pole user... that dissed fists on bms because she didn't know how to play bm with fists or something.

And true that fists build chi faster than swords, but when it comes to dps from longer fights, fists will do better overall damage. Swords do better damage in fights that lasts shorter. It really depends on what your fighting. And I have yet to see a BM with DQ bracers... I'm only thinking alts / new main / cash shopped BMs would obtain this since DQ is mainly a waste of time and money. 1 vs 1 fights usually does not last even half a minute which makes Single swords very useful in auto attacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You done that part already

Explain how "axes have spike damage but do not deal massive damage" made me an "idiot", you idiot.
    Gears.

Oh I'm sorry. So what you are saying is that even if you have **** gears, you can tank these bosses if you use axes and have lots and lots of Vit? Is it somehow going to magically let you keep aggro from all the other DD's because you have lots of HP?
    Eating your own words? Its rare for BMs below 80 to get -intervals right? Exactly. Single swords have 1.11 aps while fists have 1.43 aps which will attack 32 more attacks in 100 seconds. When it comes from quicker kills, swords beat fists because swords do more physical damage. Again, when it comes to large amounts of time fists hits more, swords takes out quicker battles easier than fists. Thats before intervals. Swords and fists are balanced.

HOW DOES SWORD COMPLEMENT FISTS

Get the subject through your thick rotten skull and answer the question. We are not talking about if fists and swords are balanced. We are talking about how sword complements fists as secondary weapon choice and warrants switching from fists in mid-battle. In fact if they are BALANCED like you claim, sword does not complement fists because they BOTH SERVE THE SAME PURPOSE. Axes/Fists work well because THEY BOTH BRING SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE TABLE. What does a sword bring? A knockback skill, which you surely want to use with fists. A useless chi consuming skill that slow enemy channeling until you actually start attacking so you can get the first hit. A ranged skill with crappy range and slow casting skill which you want to use instead of that crappy skill Drake's Ray. A double spark ulti which cripples damage enemies deal, which is sure to let you dish out more damage with fists. You are right, there are just so many synergy between these weapon paths that it's so enlightening. /sarcasm

Also, fists don't need -interval pre-80 to be effective. I've tanked BH51-59 with 0 -interval equipments, relying solely on constant double spark. Next time you come across a fist BM who offers to tank, use sword and see how easy it is for you to out DPS him.
    L2P instead of pulling teeth out of your mouth to buy a huge stack of intervals.
    I've been playing BM 55 levels longer than you thus I have more experience PvE wise, AND PvP wise. Your narrow experience based on lowbie "duels" and PvE seems to give you unwarranted confidence.
    Fail less please

Stop posting please.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Wow... you're always wrong. Until you hit 70 and get XS (calamities), axes offer less damage than swords, pole or fist. At endgame axes are gimped unless you get 2nd cast Nirvana and refine them highly. GX are great at 9x, but when you hit 100 the only way you can kill someone who isn't a lowbie or poorly geared is by dragons + TE/Bramble or get lucky with a zerk crit.

Of course, you'd actually know all this if you had a high level bm.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options

Eh, wow.

To the OP, I recommend for starters. Use sword or poles. In the beginning, single swords have the best dps in normal attacks. You don't just get intervals like that. Swords for the fastest starting kills, or pole for the good amount of HP. You get a trial poleblade at LVL20.

Try going either
    5 STR, 2 DEX, 3 VIT every 2 LVLs till LVL 20
    5 STR, 3 DEX, 2 VIT every 2 LVLs till LVL 20
    3 STR, 2 DEX every LVL.

You can use multiple weapons too, but its up to you. We cannot decide for you.

You won't get separate weapon skill trees till LVL29. Thats where you should read Lyundara's guide about builds, although she have her biased statements about fists on a BM, just do some research. Have fun with your build.

Thank you for saying that Yulk saves me time from doing it
    *Finds Ranfa and shows what a real Axe Tank BM is*

Fist and sword because if not rich like you sound like ya are and can't get mass -int or before level 89 when get demon spark sword will do more dps

Massive damage i say cause with sage spark and with correct Str you will hit 80k crits at least i know a 75 BM hits 40k crits -_- stop acting like know it all and being very rude
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ranfa just lol... you dunno what your talking about and your 99 too ROFL. Take TT60 fists and swords, then talk, the lowest damage is about the same, but TT60 blade have MUCH better max damage meaning it will out dps fists in SHORTER periods of time, use your brain once in a while. I never said fists don't out dps swords without intervals. Fists do better dps in longer periods of time. Boss fights or elite mobs that lasts over 30 seconds... ofc your going to out dps a sword user, stop being ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fist and sword because if not rich like you sound like ya are and can't get mass -int or before level 89 when get demon spark sword will do more dps

Yea so why do you need fists? Don't use them if sword works much better for you? What's with this completely pointless mixture of weapon paths that doesn't make any sense? Why is this so hard for you and Yulk to grasp?
    Massive damage i say cause with sage spark and with correct Str you will hit 80k crits at least i know a 75 BM hits 40k crits -_- stop acting like know it all and being very rude

That is a spike damage. Massive damage is total amount of damage caused over time.

@Yulk
    Read you idiot. Actually no don't even bother. It's clear that you can't and I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to get you to be on the subject. Go away.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options

That is a spike damage. Massive damage is total amount of damage caused over time.

@Yulk
    Read you idiot. Actually no don't even bother. It's clear that you can't and I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to get you to be on the subject. Go away.

.. the damage pretty much same if ya add it up lol

You must be in calamity... anyone else think so lol

Number of nice calamity members met 3 out of 200... in this server

EQ FTW (Unless Ranfa there in EQ... then good luck EQ with that you'll need it)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i'm gonna punch in some numbers

i'm gonna use a axe and fist build for this (3 str, 2 dex) at level 60

fist with no interval hit at a 1.43
    Annihilator of Souls with no equips other than that and lvl 7 fist mastery (max for the level) hit about 1100 on average

axes hit at 0.83
    Skeleton Axes hit around 2000 damage with no other equips on average with lvl 7 axe mastery

lets put this over a 5 minute period and see what accumulates for damage, i'll put the equation here

axe: 60 x 5 = 300 seconds, 300 x .8 = 240, 240 x 2000 = 480k damage over 5 minutes

fist: 60 x 5 = 300 seconds, 300 x 1.48 = 444, 444 x 1100 = 488k damage over 5 minutes

now no huge difference eh? but lets put in crit rate, which is base 7% with this build

axe: 240 x .07 = 17, 17 x 4000 (rage damage says its double your average hit) = 68k crit damage

fist: 440 x .07 = 31, 31 x 2200 = 68k crit damage

looking at this, axes and fists will crit the same damage strangely

so on average this shows that fist > axe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Options
    same as my before post with buildl, lvl 60 with 3 str, 2 dex build

Petrified Lance with lvl 7 pole mastery hits about 1800 on average with no equips at an attack rate of 1 per second

Petrified Femur with lvl 7 blade mastery hits about 1600 with an attack rate of 1.11

pole: 1800 x 300 = 540k

sword: 300 x 1.11 = 333, 333 x 1600 = 530k

ok this is getting weird, so i'm gonna do crit damage now

pole: 300 x .07 = 21, 21 x 3600 = 76k crit damage

sword: 333 x .07 = 23, 23 x 3200 = 74k crit damage

wow, what were looking at is very strange and goes against what we've thought this whole time, so....based on average damage its

axe < fist < sword < pole

if you can find a flaw in my math please explain it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathfreeze - Harshlands
    Deathfreeze - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    loving the arguments keep em coming, im still using my sword fists atm,
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    looking at this, axes and fists will crit the same damage strangely

so on average this shows that fist > axe

You're looking at that a bit wrong though. Fist = 1v1 damage. Axe = 1vMany. I've crit over 180k with my GX. The highest I've gone so far with my fists is about 90k. The strength of the axe doesn't lie in it's 1v1 damage potential, the aoeing multiple targets is what it excels at. Two very different tools for different jobs, and between the two, you have most bases covered. You can add pole for an extra ranged attack and lvl 11 GS, but cancel casting that is a waste of a second or so when you can just bane>triple and easily compensate for the crit buff (unless you're very pro on your cancel casting, which I won't pretend to be). Sword = MSS, and not really worth the effort. Very few situations it'll actually come in handy.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    @Pyrya

Good math, but there are couple of flaws;

1. You've used legendary fists for the comparison and TT60 for the other paths. Legendary fists are actually 1 rank above TT60 (although they have the same physical attack), however when it comes to raw damage, TT60 wins due to the +56 physical attack bonus.

2. There are too many assumptions for your calculations to be accurate.

So:

Fists
    Using TT60 Courageous Fists, 343-379

To calculate raw average, we calculate minimum damage and maximum damage, add them and divide by 2. Also assuming character level is 60 and has no other equipments or imbued any gem.

((343 + 60) + (379 + 60)) /2 = 421

Add the +56 bonus physical attack to that and we get 477 average raw weapon damage.

Now we need to factor in the attack multiple, which according to PWpedia is calculated as follows:

1 + STR/150 + weapon mastery

With the 3/2 build, you would have 182 STR at lvl 60, and lvl 7 weapon mastery (+42% damage).

1 + (182/150) + (42/100) = 2.63

Now for the base damage, we multiply the average damage by the attack multiple:

477*2.63 = 1311.75

So in actuality, fists hit for 1311.75 per hit average, not 1100.

Now we can calculate the real damage over 5min.

444 * 1311.75 = 582417 (582k)

Crits:

31 * (1311.75*2) = 81329 (81k)

Now let's do the same for axes, shall we?
    TT60 Skeleton Axes, 399 - 930

Average
    ((399 + 60) + (930 + 60)) /2 = 724.5
    With the physical attack bonus:
    724.5 + 56 = 780.5

Same attack multiple as fists.

Base damage
    780.5*2.63 = 2052.715

Damage over 5min:
    249*2052.715 = 511126 (511k)

Crits:
    17 * (2052.715*2) = 69792 (69k)

So now we have:
    Fists--582k damage over 5min with crits of 81k
    Axes--511k damage over 5min with crits of 69k

Big difference.

Following the same formula,

TT60 Pole--524k damage over 5min with crits of 73k
    TT60 Sword--526k damage over 5min with crits of 72k

So no, the damage hierarchy is still

Fists > Sword >= Pole > Axe
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Options
    @Pyrya

Good math, but there are couple of flaws;

1. You've used legendary fists for the comparison and TT60 for the other paths. Legendary fists are actually 1 rank above TT60 (although they have the same physical attack), however when it comes to raw damage, TT60 wins due to the +56 physical attack bonus.

2. There are too many assumptions for your calculations to be accurate.

So:

Fists
    Using TT60 Courageous Fists, 343-379

To calculate raw average, we calculate minimum damage and maximum damage, add them and divide by 2. Also assuming character level is 60 and has no other equipments or imbued any gem.

((343 + 60) + (379 + 60)) /2 = 421

Add the +56 bonus physical attack to that and we get 477 average raw weapon damage.

Now we need to factor in the attack multiple, which according to PWpedia is calculated as follows:

1 + STR/150 + weapon mastery

With the 3/2 build, you would have 182 STR at lvl 60, and lvl 7 weapon mastery (+42% damage).

1 + (182/150) + (42/100) = 2.63

477*2.63 = 1311.75

444 * 1311.75 = 582417 (582k)

Crits:

31 * (1311.75*2) = 81329 (81k)

Average
    724.5 + 56 = 780.5

Base damage
    780.5*2.63 = 2052.715

Damage over 5min:
    249*2052.715 = 511126 (511k)

Crits:

So now we have:

Big difference.

could you explain this better? your numbers make no sense or how you even got them to be that way. i'm trusting the calculator over PWpedia any day anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fists
    Using TT60 Courageous Fists, 343-379 <--The damage range of the weapon

To calculate raw average, we calculate minimum damage and maximum damage, add them and divide by 2. Also assuming character level is 60 (damage bonus is given for every level of the character) and has no other equipments or imbued any gem (if the character does have other sources of +attack, you would factor them into the addition).

Since calculation of average number is minimum + maximum / 2, we find potential minimum damage and potential maximum damage and substitute them into formula.

((343 + 60) + (379 + 60)) /2 = 421 (This number is the average for a weapon with 343 - 379 damage range on a lvl 60 character)

Add the +56 bonus physical attack (it's a bonus add-on that every TT60 BM weapons have) to that and we get 477 average raw weapon damage.

1 (100% weapon damage multiplier) + STR/150 (You get 100% attack bonus for every 150 str) + weapon mastery

1 + (182/150) (Since you have 182 STR, you get the bonus for 150 STR benchmark + 32 STR, which turns out to be about 1.2x attack bonus) + (42/100) (Lvl 7 weapon mastery gives 42% damage bonus, so in order to add it to the multiple we need to turn it into decimal form)= 2.63 (This number is the damage multiplier your character will give to the base weapon damage after all attack bonuses have been factored in)

477*2.63 = 1311.75 (This is the base damage after your character's attack multiple has been applied to the base weapon damage)

444 (This is your own calculation, fists hit 444 times over 300 seconds)* 1311.75 = 582417 (582k)

Crits:

31 (This is also your calculation, fists will make 31 crits based on 7% crit rate)* (1311.75*2) (crit = double the base damage for classes other than Sins) = 81329 (81k)

Average
    724.5 + 56 = 780.5

Base damage
    780.5*2.63 = 2052.715

Damage over 5min:
    249 (You used 0.8 attack speed to calculate this which turned out to be 240 but it should be 249 based on 0.83 attack speed)*2052.715 = 511126 (511k)

Crits:

So now we have:

Big difference.

(These used the same formula, used same attack multiple, just changed variables to fit each weapon path where necessary).

I've explained the best I could. It's fine if you'd rather stick to your calculation too. Just throwing it out there.
  • ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear
    ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    First Lyndura was a spear bm.

Second don't listen to yulik...just ignore him and those who would argue with him. >_>

Third best advice will most likely come from MD.

Fourth Use Pataka's cause they rulz!!
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Fourth Use Pataka's cause they rulz!!

Like this?
    Try a pataka then.
  • ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear
    ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Like this?

It has begun!!

Finish him
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It has begun!!

Finish him

Check post date. I r the true messager of patakas.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soooooo many numbers but from what i see basically they all do same damage from th numbers ya put up there but only difference is Axe is Aoe so that comes in handy ALOT unless in Pvp server then Fists best
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)