Why do ppl hate sword bms so?

Deathfreeze - Harshlands
Deathfreeze - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Blademaster
i mean come on man whats so bad about swords?, I tired get comments of swords are fail go axe bla bla bla, im a sword bm and i ALSO use axes but not as my main weapon, what are are your thoughts towards swords an i mean good bad and ugly, range lvl 1 to 90 thanks for relpies
Post edited by Deathfreeze - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Fists do more damage and get chi faster, spears have range and debuff (at 99) or a zerk weap worth using (95 cv), swords have heaven's flame, AOEs and an extra stun.

Swords are garbage and there's absolutely no reason to use them for anything but Myriad, which is still a worthless skill in almost every situation.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Fists do more damage and get chi faster, spears have range and debuff (at 99) or a zerk weap worth using (95 cv), axes have heaven's flame, AOEs and an extra stun.

Swords are garbage and there's absolutely no reason to use them for anything but Myriad, which is still a worthless skill in almost every situation.

10 asd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathfreeze - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Fists do more damage and get chi faster, spears have range and debuff (at 99) or a zerk weap worth using (95 cv), swords have heaven's flame, AOEs and an extra stun.

u mean axes have heavens flame and i have seen very good sword bms at high lvls kick the **** outta axe bms and i do use fists
    edited June 2010
    10 asd

what u mean?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what u mean?

He was just agreeing with the poster he quoted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When people ask what are BM weapons good for, Axe/Fists/Pole get their traits quickly recognized. Most people have to actually think up something good about swords but have trouble doing so because it is basically jack of all trades and do not stand out as much.

Ofc, that's not saying that Swords are useless; some people are good at it and some people use it just because. They just have to be proven first, just like Fists were proven to be potent weapons.
    edited June 2010
    When people ask what are BM weapons good for, Axe/Fists/Pole get their traits quickly recognized. Most people have to actually think up something good about swords but have trouble doing so because it is basically jack of all trades and do not stand out as much.

Ofc, that's not saying that Swords are useless; some people are good at it and some people use it just because. They just have to be proven first, just like Fists were proven to be potent weapons.

i understand, i also took an interest in poleblades from a vid i saw on youttube. what are your thoughts about pole/fist combo
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    what u mean?

Nothing, I was just fixing the part in his post about heaven's flame. Regarding this topic though, although I won't go as far as calling swords "garbage", personally I don't find many great uses for it, save for Myriad Sword Stance. But even then, I've only had to use it around once or twice ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    ok then, im definetly going to try the fists but i was looking for something to complement it other than a axe and it was between sword and poles, guess i went sword cause no on spoke highly of them. what can u tell me about the pole pvp wise, do u know any good high lvl bms around your lvl that kicks **** with one? and yes i will keep and axe for HF ofcourse ^^
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Sage Farstrike is the hardest non chi skill a BM can have, Demon Meteor Rush gives extra mean of AoE stun, and Demon Glacial Spike can be a potent DD support with its 5 seconds of guaranteed crits. These are quite potent for both PvE and PvP and keep Archers at Bay. Honestly though you can go any path you'd like, but do realize that nobody will take you to higher level instances if you do not use axes.

As for Swords, I personally don't use it much, sometimes I combine it with HF for massive AoE zerk crit with my TT90 gold sword using Myriad, but there are better alternatives for most situations. I think there's a sword BM on this forum who's regarded as a great player but his name escapes me.
    edited June 2010
    yea i figured, so ill restat, but i read the axe fist build is like 3str/2dex i got like 50 vit, 87dex, and 163 str, what needs to be restated to wear lvl 60 fist and sword or what shud my stats look like dont mind my vit i can get charms
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To answer the question of the thread. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=536812&highlight=hate+swords

As I have matured as a BM, I can now appreciate spirit chaser atmos strike and MSS more than I used to. However the problem is, all your spirit and coin will be going towards other things. If you want to be an EFFECTIVE bm, you won't really be able to start touching sword skills until level 85+ Before you know it, it will be time to start learning your demon/sage skills, so sword once again goes on the back burner. Also there's a good chance you'll be dumping spirit into 1 or more genies as well.

Second, the closer and closer you get to endgame, the worse and worse swords get. Nirvana axes are AWESOME, Lunar pole is AWESOME, TT100 Fists are AWESOME, swords get what? Revenge? Yay... just what I always wanted..

Actually the lunar dual blades with darken look pretty sweet, I might get those one day...
    edited June 2010
    thanks for taking the time to respond chu really appreciate it, i am currently fixing my build now
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i mean come on man whats so bad about swords?, I tired get comments of swords are fail go axe bla bla bla, im a sword bm and i ALSO use axes but not as my main weapon, what are are your thoughts towards swords an i mean good bad and ugly, range lvl 1 to 90 thanks for relpies

Why people hate sword that much?

Because nowadays ppl like to CTRL-C CTRL-V what veterans say, without thinking or even trying thenselves before making conclusions.

I was playing with my sword BM at around lvl 30 or so, when a random guy appeared and said to me:

Guy: LOL, U use swords
    Me: Yeh, so what?
    Guy: Swords suck
    Me: Oh really? tell me why
    Guy: Because a lvl 90 bm in my faction said so
    Me: lol GTFO

Play the game like me, play the way you want, if you like swords, use them. if swords really sucked, they wouldn't have a lvl 139 sword in this game.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Trust me, before people said fist bms suck. Check Lyundara's guide about being biased about fists on a BM

But thanks to _WillFire_, fists got more appreciated thanks to him
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=133682&highlight=fists+suck

So I am not surprised with swords on a BM being hated till someone comes with proof why they are balanced as well.

I'm so glad my BM is a 3 weapon path :D with 2 sets of armors too and 2 sets of necklaces, inventory clogs... lol. Kristoph is a troll and Asperitas burrito or w/e is a fail BM.

fightinga6x.jpg

almostbeata6x.jpg
    I almost beat a 6x cleric in duel with a frost sword, but she done almost 800ish damage to me from whirlwind.

I do duels fine with a sword and mainly use swords atm. 3* Frost sword with VIT+5 and accuracy+58 which is nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Trust me, before people said fist bms suck. Check Lyundara's guide about being biased about fists on a BM

But thanks to _WillFire_, fists got more appreciated thanks to him
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=133682&highlight=fists+suck

So I am not surprised with swords on a BM being hated till someone comes with proof why they are balanced as well.

I'm so glad my BM is a 3 weapon path :D with 2 sets of armors too and 2 sets of necklaces, inventory clogs... lol. Kristoph is a troll and Asperitas burrito or w/e is a fail BM.

fightinga6x.jpg

almostbeata6x.jpg
    I almost beat a 6x cleric in duel with a frost sword, but she done almost 800ish damage to me from whirlwind.

I do duels fine with a sword and mainly use swords atm. 3* Frost sword with VIT+5 and accuracy+58 which is nice

Keyword: Duels.

Need I say more, Mr. iusedotonyouandkiteuntilyoudie?

I never said swords were garbage. I simply said I don't find much use for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    because there is only 1 thing good about it. tt90 zerk sword, Myriad Sword Stance Zerk crit + tangling mire + frenzy + poison. Shall be quit nice. Do all that except with the 100 skill flash when someone +10's their armor and vit stones their armor.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    because there is only 1 thing good about it. tt90 zerk sword, Myriad Sword Stance Zerk crit + tangling mire + frenzy + poison. Shall be quit nice. Do all that except with the 100 skill flash when someone +10's their armor and vit stones their armor.

honestly hell atamos and the pve control of MSS and demon spirit chaser + a 100% hit skill are its main virtue
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    them demons are OP.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
    edited June 2010
    the argumments in the thread u posted between will and lyndura are very nice but peersonally i dont care what lyndura says cause i have seen fist/claw users in my server and they dont suck, personally i think she hates fist, anyway i will keep going 3/2 and use the swords and see how it goes
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the argumments in the thread u posted between will and lyndura are very nice but peersonally i dont care what lyndura says cause i have seen fist/claw users in my server and they dont suck, personally i think she hates fist, anyway i will keep going 3/2 and use the swords and see how it goes

They say "respect your elders" I say "GTFO Lyndura fanboys". b:chuckle

She was basically a BM who didn't know better. Sadly she had a big effect to other players as well.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You people need to remember Lyndura wrote that guide (the old forum guide, not the updated wiki one) before event gear. Many of their points were their own and at the time had some degree of validity. Fist/Claw BMs had DPS and great 1v1 potential, but at a time when BM was primarily a support class, not tank nor DD. Even gear such as Deicide or Striking Dragons, or most of the current -interval gear just didn't exist in-game. TT99 2 piece set bonuses, or even lvl 100 fist/claw BMs just didn't really exist, and almost no 9x BM even had GX. Calamaties as well as HH90 green armor with beautiful shards and +3 or +4 refines were considered end-game. Flawless shards and +5 refines were considered godly.

Lyndura hasn't even posted on the forums for 9 months and disappeared shortly after annipacks came out. I'm fairly certain they've changed their mind on fist/claw bms.

That was a different era for BMs and Perfect World in general. It's kind of silly to see people still argue about the guide which has been deleted from the forum and replaced on the wiki. While it's true many of the anti-fist/claw sentiments remain in the thread, the wiki guide has had all bias removed. It's just informational.

Think everyone should give it a break, to be honest.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2010
    that is so tru lol
  • Lightaine - Raging Tide
    Lightaine - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah I miss the good old days when seeing someone with +4 gear and beutiful shards was considered the ultimate cash shopper XD
  • ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear
    ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i understand, i also took an interest in poleblades from a vid i saw on youttube. what are your thoughts about pole/fist combo

She will never let you touch her again........
    You people need to remember Lyndura wrote that guide (the old forum guide, not the updated wiki one) before event gear. Many of their points were their own and at the time had some degree of validity. Fist/Claw BMs had DPS and great 1v1 potential, but at a time when BM was primarily a support class, not tank nor DD. Even gear such as Deicide or Striking Dragons, or most of the current -interval gear just didn't exist in-game. TT99 2 piece set bonuses, or even lvl 100 fist/claw BMs just didn't really exist, and almost no 9x BM even had GX. Calamaties as well as HH90 green armor with beautiful shards and +3 or +4 refines were considered end-game. Flawless shards and +5 refines were considered godly.

Lyndura hasn't even posted on the forums for 9 months and disappeared shortly after annipacks came out. I'm fairly certain they've changed their mind on fist/claw bms.

That was a different era for BMs and Perfect World in general. It's kind of silly to see people still argue about the guide which has been deleted from the forum and replaced on the wiki. While it's true many of the anti-fist/claw sentiments remain in the thread, the wiki guide has had all bias removed. It's just informational.

Think everyone should give it a break, to be honest.

This +10

People hate swords because they come to bm forum and see people who say swords suck...then they bandwagon and ride the ride....

Truth is though swords are 1v1. And there is a better 1v1 weapon available to bms...fists...

But at the end of the day if your not using a pataka you fail....just the way things are...
  • nestorvie
    nestorvie Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hi guys, this is what I think. now we know all the pros and cons, but then what? why don't we just play the game as we like to play, use the weapon that is most suitable to our own image. I played this game on a local server 3 years ago, then stop, then replay it since April, and I use sword in both time, despite of all the negative comments.

Learning axe skills & having one in your pocket is a good idea since you will be a great help to your dungeon party, but let's try to figure out how to pvp & solo with a sword, of course if you love it.

Just bear this in mind, not all players are pro. In fact only a few of them are. So you won't need to be at the best build to kick them arses.

Besides, if you happen to be in an good faction who is usually involved in all kind of wars, you may have realised that BM is actual a stunning class, a support class in another word, so whatever weapon you choose will not do any matter then.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    nestorvie wrote: »
    Just bear this in mind, not all players are pro. In fact only a few of them are. So you won't need to be at the best build to kick them arses.

Too bad super gears can beat skills. =/
  • nestorvie
    nestorvie Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Too bad super gears can beat skills. =/

don't challenge super gears then. position yourself correctly.b:victory