Servers

Options
elvenshooter
elvenshooter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Which is the newest server? Which server has the least amount of people in it?
Also, which server has the best community? A more family orientated one.
Post edited by elvenshooter on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Me believe that Archosaur (PvE) be the newest one and apparently the least populated. But generally, you make your own "family".
    b:avoid
    All servers has a pretty good community...it's not like the developers can code a community and chose to make one server's one better than the others.
    >.<'

humans can't create intelligence yet, right?
    o.O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    humans can't create intelligence yet, right?
    o.O

people keep trying, but the experimental products (colloquially referred to as "offspring") are of very unpredictable quality so far, and generally it's a big disappointment, to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    o well.
    x.x'
    mayhaps later if me ebil plan works out.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'd say the more important things you might want to look at are ping time, server time, and PvP (Player versus Player) vs. PvE (Player versus Environment) when selecting a server.

Lower ping time means faster responsiveness / less lag, which can save your butt from dying. Look for a server with a low MS on the server selection window. The faster servers will generally be the ones located closer to you geographically.

The East Coast servers are on Eastern time, and the West Coast servers are on Pacific time, currently EDT (UTC -4) and PDT (UTC -7), respectively, until Daylight Savings Time ends, then they'll be EST (UTC -5) and PST (UTC -8). (UTC = GMT)

Also, you'll want to decide if you want a PvP or PvE server. On PvP servers, once you reach level 30, anyone can attack your character and you can attack anyone else. On PvE servers, players normally can only attack each other if they go into PK (Player Killing) mode, which lasts for 10 hours minimum. (There are still a few areas, such as some rooms in the Cube of Fate, in which PK is always enabled.)

The seven servers are as follows:
    Lost City - This is a West Coast PvP server.
    Heaven's Tear - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Sanctuary - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Archosaur - This is a West Coast PvE server.
    Harshlands - This is an East Coast PvP server.
    Dreamweaver - This is an East Coast PvE server.
    Raging Tide - This is an East Coast PvE server.

For more, see the PWI wiki entry "Servers".