assist attack

LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
i must be stupid, or doing something really wrong, or my client's bugged or broken... because i can't get assist attack to do anything. b:surrender

never have been able to. in what order am i supposed to click what, and what's supposed to happen when i do? i usually try to target a squadmate then hit assist attack... but nothing happens. even if they're in a fight with something at the time. the only times i've been able to help somebody out, i've figured out which mob to target myself manually, the stupid way around; if assist attack could do that for me, it'd be great --- can it? how?

ps: is assist attack supposed to work for people you aren't squadded with as well, or only for squadmates, or only NON-squadmates, or what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
Post edited by LenieClarke - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Assist attack will make you assist the target of someone else; make another persons target your target. It works by selecting the person that you want to assist then hit "assist attack". This will switch your target from the player to whomever or whatever they currently have selected. If you are doing all this and get no target then the person you are assisting does not have a target or is out of range.

I find assist attack especially useful within squads to ensure I attack what the tank is fighting. I have not tried using assist attack on mobs so I'm not sure if it works that way as well, but I would assume it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, the simple way of making it work is like this:

1) Select a teammate that is attacking or being attacked by a mob or something. You can select a teammate either by clicking on them or simply clicking on their name in the squad list (they'll have to be in range, of course.)

2) Wait a brief moment until they appear as your "target" at the top-middle of the screen.

3) Then click the "Assist Attack" icon.

You will then be targeting whatever it was that they were targeting at that time.

I often use this to target whatever the barb is targeting so I'm less likely to get aggro.

It should work for any player, though it doesn't work for pets or mobs.

If you still have problems you might want to try running a "verify" on your client.