Server Merge

Comments

• Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The only servers that can be merged are Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur, since they share a name database (see the PWI wiki's Servers entry). None of the rest can be merged without renaming people, and that would cause them to lose a chunk of their playerbase, so merging the other servers would not be a good idea.

Also, how exactly are people coming up with how "full" a server is? The numbers of people/active people on each server isn't shown anywhere, so it's just a subjective "feeling", often by people who haven't even tried other servers. This makes speculation about server "fullness" kind of pointless, IMO.
    ^ LMAO PWI stocks going down, how much longer are you going to spout your "stop QQ and leave"? til there's no one left?
    Why do people talk about PWE's stocks going down, when they don't even know why that happened, and then attribute the drop as being due to whatever they personally don't like? The reason that the stock dropped is that, despite making the 3rd most of any MMO company in 2009 (source), they failed to meet their projected numbers. The company certainly isn't dying, and investors aren't QQing over token pack sales or whatever, they just overestimated how much they'd make. That's it. (Oh, and in 2008 they weren't even in the top 10 (source), so they're doing much better actually, moneywise.)
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Maybe because I chose a Wizard, after every single battle I have to sit for few minutes to heal, that is totally BS, they gave me in my first quest a sword for a wizard a freaking sword? what happened with staff or wand? I am not a melee I am a Wizard for goodnes sake. Every single mob has a pattack that takes between 75-95% of my HP if I manage to survive, ran out of pots in my first few fights, but anyways checking on the wizard class topics, they told me basically the same wizards 1-90 sucks. So that is my dilema do I play wizard which I love always to play o go with some other class similar maybe a venomancer, I think that is what I would do.

You have to be a troll...

Mage is by far the easiest class to level early on. With using nothing except the money made by that one character mage can reach 20 in a few hours. It does get more difficult from 20-60. 60-90 gets much better. 90+ is speed leveling. (Add frost into the equation and speed leveling starts earlier)
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That and in the end, there's not much left for a PvE server to offer when most of your community doesn't PvP.
    Pretty tired of this weak argument.

On PvE servers you have the option to go into PK or not. This means, by forcing those people into PK, they will not find it fun at all. While you get your fun at PK those are getting pissed and considering the number of blue names vs white names there is way worse to annoy and make "carebears" quit than PKers in terms of activity.

This is also the reason they don't open any more PvP servers, most ppl won't play there/quit fast because they don't want to be into forced PK mode all the time. Just look at current servers, Lost City is as big as Heaven's Tear, but Harshlands is between DW and RT, not even close to full, and that's the only 2 PvP servers that exist. Whereas for PvE there's HT, DW, Sanc, RT (this one kinda empty though), Archo (even more empty)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You have to be a troll...

Mage is by far the easiest class to level early on. With using nothing except the money made by that one character mage can reach 20 in a few hours. It does get more difficult from 20-60. 60-90 gets much better. 90+ is speed leveling. (Add frost into the equation and speed leveling starts earlier)

That is the pure stupidity. starting at lvl 11 or so, mage starts to be a pain in the **** to lvl.

On topic:
    Server merge is...interesting. Idk if I'm for it. Like BeingHope said, there are a lot of issues that go along with it.
    Obviously there should still be a difference between pvp and pve, but I'm thinking, 4 servers total?
    1 pvp east coast 1 pve east coast 1pvp west coast 1 pve west coast.

Which would mean that the pvp servers wouldn't experience a merge but =/

Whoever said merge it by lvl: BAAADD BADDDDD idea.
    1. people probably don't want their alts who are on the same server to be switched to a different one just because of their lv.
    2. it would split up friends, which is honestly, the only reason I'm still playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As long as your not merging with Lost City.

Your not wanted here. Be gone foul beast. b:angry

^^^^^^THAT^^^^^^

(You're not wanted, instead of your not wanted)

To the OP, you were such a ..... n intelligent person that you decided to power lvl and cs buy your gear. Oh well... Guess what?!?!?!? Sucks to be you. I'm taking it slow, enjoying my stay and it keeps my nerves at bay.

Your example with going from lvl 1 to 35 in 2 hours shows what your game priorities are, and how ... smart your ways are.

I luv chocolate cake. So Imma eat it all in 1 bite 'cause somebody left it unattended on the kitchen table with a note saying: "EAT IT". And then, Imma QQ that I ate it so fast and didn't leave it for later. Now I have no cake. QQ Lets go and hope the neighbors have some... maybe they'll share.

Server merge? As long as it ain't connected with LC, w/e! Too much hassle though. Merging people lvl70+ (like sb in this thread mentioned is a fail for pkers;p so NO).

Sanguilla, there are nice guides. Google PWI lvl 1-19 quests. All quests are explained in details. The forums are pretty helpful, too. Just look in the appropriate section. Also, READ what the game tells you, don't just click random buttons. If worse comes to worse, go to a blacksmith and buy a MAGIC SWORD. Also, you need to learn how to kite (hit mob, run away a bit, hit again, etc...)

Sangodoc ->+1

Hope, HAIb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Pretty tired of this weak argument.

It's not a weak argument. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true. Even TheDan as well as many other end-game classes are just bored on PvE servers. The only people that go into PK mode are the heavy cash shoppers, and most people stay blue name. Warsoul Assasin. Point = mine.

On PvE servers you have the option to go into PK or not. This means, by forcing those people into PK, they will not find it fun at all. While you get your fun at PK those are getting pissed and considering the number of blue names vs white names there is way worse to annoy and make "carebears" quit than PKers in terms of activity.

This is also the reason they don't open any more PvP servers, most ppl won't play there/quit fast because they don't want to be into forced PK mode all the time. Just look at current servers, Lost City is as big as Heaven's Tear, but Harshlands is between DW and RT, not even close to full, and that's the only 2 PvP servers that exist. Whereas for PvE there's HT, DW, Sanc, RT (this one kinda empty though), Archo (even more empty)

You're only 97. You haven't reached end-game. Unless you have a 10x main somewhere else, you haven't even really played the game all that much, so your opinion about options past lvl 100 are pretty insignificant, to say the least. Not to brag or rub my level in your face, but I'm 400m exp PAST lvl 100. I've earned enough EXP (without hyper frost or oracles) to get to your level 3 times already.

Listen to the QQ about Raging Tide and Archosaur being dead servers and people who quickly hit 100 are just quitting the game. They're done. Not much left to do.

You should really pay attention to what a fair number of end-game PvEers actually say. Sure, a great deal of them are happy with the PvE, but your options are limited. On a PvE server, you don't see the type of open-map PvP that you do on a PvP server. Ever. We've had TW sized multi-faction wars on the open map, sometimes with as many as 20-30 players on each side that have lasted an hour or more. This happens, often.

Anyway, hit 100, run Nirvana a couple hundred times, run 3-3 a couple hundred times... you'll start to understand.

You aren't even close to being there.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The only servers that can be merged are Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur, since they share a name database (see the PWI wiki's Servers entry). None of the rest can be merged without renaming people, and that would cause them to lose a chunk of their playerbase, so merging the other servers would not be a good idea.

That information right there is all you need to say why I don't want a server merge(s). b:surrender Its just not possible and would be a waste of money and time for the devs to try to figure out how to even merge them.

Think of all the graphic glitches if they do merge even b:shocked

b:cute and hey buttercup!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You're level 6..stop talking please...If you can't kill a level 5 mob you shouldn't even be allowed to play this game..

Server merge would be fun yes, inter server tw? even though LC would stomp on everyone lol. GMs won't ever do this though because they don't care about us. b:shutup

So much win contained in this post just had to point that out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You're only 97. You haven't reached end-game. Unless you have a 10x main somewhere else, you haven't even really played the game all that much, so your opinion about options past lvl 100 are pretty insignificant, to say the least. Not to brag or rub my level in your face, but I'm 400m exp PAST lvl 100. I've earned enough EXP (without hyper frost or oracles) to get to your level 3 times already.

Meh.. hypering nirvana gives 1% on the first boss per run. 102 isn't(or wasn't thx to hyper update) hard it's just not many people care to level after 100.
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I used to laugh when I saw these threads and argue against such a thing, but events as of late have made me rethink my decision.

I used to run a faction full of promising high level individuals. We had quite a bit of territory. We had a ton of 9x and 10x players.

But eventually people began to quit the game. We were hit the hardest, because we were home to some of the fastest levelers and a good portion of the high level scene on Raging Tides.

We had so many people quit that a lot of the few remaining high levels just left for other factions, which had players just then reaching those high levels who were still playing.

Even today, people are quitting this game at an alarming rate. Whether it be from one of PWI's many abuses to the recent trend of there not being anything to do at high level on our server, the 10x scene is quickly becoming a ghost town. High level instances are almost impossible to get together.

Many high levels from all different factions on my server agree that a server merge might be in our best interests. Or an option I would consider is paying to put my character on an older server.

I just don't know any more. The pedigree and selection of high levels on our server is just pathetic and it really is driving me nuts that I can't get anything done. Everyone is quitting because of it. PWI is losing money.

On other versions of the game, they did this, TW factions were compensated for land, and it didn't cost the company much to do. Please GMs, give us something. I shudder to think of what Archosaur server must be going through.

Your servers are dying PWI. Namely your two newest ones. This is your fault, and you probably won't win those other players back. Now it's time to prevent new ones from quitting.

Please help us.

QQ guess it sucks when you leave a well established server for one of mostly other server Rejects. Dreamweaver is still going strong, nirvana everyday, little pk, culti runs. That being said I would not be opposed to a server merge just to see where EQ would stack up currently with other end game factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok let me tell you a little bit about myself.

I started off in HT in 2008. I leveled a veno to 70 and was in Evolution.

DW came out, so I went there. I was in Calamity and leveled a cleric to 97. Leveling was easier, but not by much.

RT came out, I rolled this archer. I am now level 100.

I have 5.0 aps with claws. I have all of my endgame gear, armor to +5, helmet to +6, bow to +7.

There is no PK on this server. Further refines would be wasted.

I need a Delta to get my 100 fairy. I'm finding it impossible.

I have 4th map opened and I have the belt. Check there.

I would farm Nirvana, but not enough 100+ to farm it. Even so, Nirvana armor would be a waste.

What's left? Grind for a Warsoul?

Edit: I have seen 3 stages of gameplay. HT where leveling was quest or grind. DW where oracles were prevalent thanks to Jolly Jones. And now RT where PWI is like "OMG here have a level 100 kthnxbai."

It sucks.
    thing with new servers is, its filled with pple like you. Ones who cant be in the spotlight on an old server and reroll, or ones who just plain give up and keep on rerolling on another server. factions dont last long when the majority of players have that sort of mindset. Troubling thing is i dont think they even see this flaw. HT, LC, and Sanc server are fine and busy as it is without mergers TYVM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A good server merge would b perhaps between RT and Archo if we are talking about population, cuz as I see HL or DW dont need any kind of server merge. Pve servers get boring endgame mainly cuz this game doesnt offer much to do at those last lvls when we are talking about pve, thats y u will see more lvl100 players quitting on pve servers comparing to pvp ones. Anyways, if you think your server is so boring why not try one of the pvp ones? Its alot of work but wheres the fun in staying in a dead server, I know alot of ppl that rerolled here from pve servers and wont look back :P
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Listen to the QQ about Raging Tide and Archosaur being dead servers and people who quickly hit 100 are just quitting the game
    I agree because those that quit are those that rerolled most likely from another server, and this one being a new one it's underpopulated for them at the moment.

I understand they need to rush cuz lower level content is boring for them now after doing it once, but this is the reason of them quitting, they should have stayed on their old servers imo.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm the only one in this community that feels PWI is a dream MMO come true. I've been taking screenshots of all my good experiences in the game.

Of course, what I feel don't matter in this thread lol.

For cashshopping - it's about self control.

And well, new servers(in any game) always seem to have population problems. It's a thing of "it must already be established to be worth it" or whatever.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
    edited June 2010
    I agree because those that quit are those that rerolled most likely from another server, and this one being a new one it's underpopulated for them at the moment.

I understand they need to rush cuz lower level content is boring for them now after doing it once, but this is the reason of them quitting, they should have stayed on their old servers imo.

I'm pretty sure the reason why they rush is so they can do on the new server what they couldn't do on the older one.... be a leader of a land owning faction or being one of the highest levels on the server. Yet, when they get there on a new server, there's really not much left to do because you're waiting for everyone to catch up, or you haven't spent enough time making friends to actually get high level stuff done.

It's a lot like LC... there is a whole flood of high levels now, but many of them have **** gear, rushed their levels, don't know how to play properly, and not many people actually want to squad with them... it's like, you're 10x, who are you? I've never heard of you before... and after going to a fail instance or two with them, refuse to squad with them again.

A number of these people always world chat filled with arrogance how pro they are, yet end up defeated because everyone ends up rubbing it back in their face how fail they actually are, when if they would have just taken the time to make friends and level a bit slower wouldn't have the issues they do. BlademastaK and FateBlade on LC recently prove this very point.

The only real reason I haven't leveled an alt is because everything is so focused on speed leveling that it's no longer fun to level up. Sitting there grinding your quests, meeting new people.... seeing them day after day in the same locations, many times doing the same quests and squading with them over and over as the weeks go by and as you change mobs, scenes and locations is mostly gone from the game. That was actually a very fun part of the game that is mostly overlooked. The new generation just don't get it. It's not being high level that is fun, the fun was the journey.
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The new generation just don't get it. It's not being high level that is fun, the fun was the journey.

well yea theres that, then theres also *before speed lvling* existed, there wud be the odd QQ threads about exp being to low...exp was infact to low on this game, compare a level 50 mob to a level 80 mob in terms of exp, and how much exp needed to lvl from 50 to 51, and 80 to 81, obviously the exp will be higher, but usualy the mob exp is usualy quite alot higher,
    instead its lvl 50 flying mobs = 300, and to level u need about 500k

lvl 80 flying mobs give about 480, and u need about 2.2mill, so it basicly just kept getting stupider to the point of *spend 1-2 full days grinding to level up, with training esco on aswell, they realy shud of just fully edited the mobs exp and took out oracles/hypers, that wud bring the game back to life i think.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok, I give up, You're a troll.

And you need to spend some of your 26 hours a day that you spend power-leveling finding friends , building a faction and questing with *them*.

Jesus, how long has that server been open? 4, 4 1/2 months *tops*?

You've eaten thru every server in the system, and that's PWI's fault?

One of two things has happened here. You've either intentionally power-leveled to this point, or you spend 18 hours a day on the server.

After the 3 or 4th divorce, most people eventually manage to ponder "Maybe it's *me*!"

If you can't slow down, or lay off the caffeine, then

* level up a veno as heavy armor
    * level up a char with *no quests* except for required quests and cultis - grind only
    * start a char, and hold until your rep matches the level of rep gear

RedMenace

\or go out and see the sun or something
    \\this
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited June 2010
    well yea theres that, then theres also *before speed lvling* existed, there wud be the odd QQ threads about exp being to low...exp was infact to low on this game, compare a level 50 mob to a level 80 mob in terms of exp, and how much exp needed to lvl from 50 to 51, and 80 to 81, obviously the exp will be higher, but usualy the mob exp is usualy quite alot higher,
    instead its lvl 50 flying mobs = 300, and to level u need about 500k

lvl 80 flying mobs give about 480, and u need about 2.2mill, so it basicly just kept getting stupider to the point of *spend 1-2 full days grinding to level up, with training esco on aswell, they realy shud of just fully edited the mobs exp and took out oracles/hypers, that wud bring the game back to life i think.

That's not completely true. Back when there was no BH or Hyper, there weren't many complaints on leveling too slowly. There were a number of people complaining that they hated to grind and that exp didn't scale for mobs of various levels. I'm pretty sure most people were shocked when they found out how much exp BH gave though. Then again my memory may be a bit selective, but there's far more QQ now than there was a year ago, at least in my recollection.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Time for an intelligent voice.

PWI can see exactly what server volume they have at all times, they should use this knowledge to see which servers should be merged and where problems are. I have only played 3 servers, 2 a lot. Harshlands, Raging Tide, and Arch. I guess i have played PW MY as well XD.

Population HL > RT > PW MY (merged server) > Arch

My thoughts are RT is close to the server population of HL, but also we didn't need 1 more PvE server as well as 2 more in Raging tide and Arch. i don't exactly have the same problems as NR, as i have a populated friend list and people always online to do stuff with. I don't think a merge is necessary now, or the population is exactly that low. However if this was an option offered I suppose I'd take it.

The more the server population, the more it would drive competition, fire and passion.

There are better things to complain about, like why we didn't get a +30 defense blessing instead of an attack, or why its soo OP. A defensive blessing would have allowed for more TEAMWORK, cooperation, skill and strategy in accomplishing deaths, instead of more people being glass cannon one shots. I suppose they thought this was a good idea because more dmg = more charm = more deaths = more dolls.

Last thing to say is they changed DQ prices, so they can immediately change blessings to duration of 1 second, or -20 attack level, and say suck it too those who spammed facebook. I hope thats the last of the facebook promotions we get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanguilia - Raging Tide
    Sanguilia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks guys for all the advices, will put them to practice tonight when I get home, will rant or jump with happiness tomorrow
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yup, already seen people complaining that there aren't many 10x on Archosaur or Raging Tide to do stuff, after they rushed to that level [and yet, they are nothing for that].

Almost everyone who insisted for a new server just wanted to be something there. They had the chance and tryed. And almost all of them just proved to be fail.

Instead of actually playing the game, making friends on the process of leveling up, and so. And you don't necessary need a new server to do that. I mean, using cashop to get to 10x in a few time, it's like using cheats on your console. Where is the 'playing part' on that?

Maybe has it's 'good' parts on PvP, but you miss a lot. [unless you just plan to have an anonymous alt or something like that]

Also, on topic.

If they merge servers, it'll be done on Heavens Tears, Sancturay and Archosaur, the ones that share a name database. Merging servers without this would have problems with cloned names.
    [insert sig here]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Time for an intelligent voice.

Not intelligent enough, please try again later.
    b:avoid

They should merge LC with harshland. Then after we done conquering them, with archo, then RT, and onward.
    b:chuckle
    *me just joking here lols.*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's not completely true. Back when there was no BH or Hyper, there weren't many complaints on leveling too slowly. There were a number of people complaining that they hated to grind and that exp didn't scale for mobs of various levels. I'm pretty sure most people were shocked when they found out how much exp BH gave though. Then again my memory may be a bit selective, but there's far more QQ now than there was a year ago, at least in my recollection.

This is true but remember back then many people left the game after level 80, zhening past level 80 sucked and not many cube/gamma/delta runs either do to bugs. I think pwi realized the endless grinding drove many away.
    edited June 2010
    This is true but remember back then many people left the game after level 80, zhening past level 80 sucked and not many cube/gamma/delta runs either do to bugs. I think pwi realized the endless grinding drove many away.
    in other words the lazy peeps left.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Also, how exactly are people coming up with how "full" a server is? The numbers of people/active people on each server isn't shown anywhere, so it's just a subjective "feeling", often by people who haven't even tried other servers. This makes speculation about server "fullness" kind of pointless, IMO.

If you look, I've stated that I've played on many different servers. Players can tell how full a server is, perhaps better than a GM or someone could. A GM might be able to run some numbers and see how many people are online, but how many of them actively play can only be determined by the players.
    To the OP, you were such a ..... n intelligent person that you decided to power lvl and cs buy your gear. Oh well... Guess what?!?!?!? Sucks to be you. I'm taking it slow, enjoying my stay and it keeps my nerves at bay.

I didn't really power level or "cs buy my gear." I quested to 40, Tideborn quested to 46, used some of my DW assets to acquire oracles to hit 6X. I was then one of the only people to actually zen on that server, at Seaweed theives. Now 90% of the RT population probably doesn't know what zen is or have done it. I gamma'd through straight to 85, then I began Frostcovered, before Hypers were even implemented. Pepper in some Delta, BH, Cube, Marriage Quest, and the new Hyper FC, and I'm level 100.

I didn't buy all of my gear. I farmed it, the TT stuff anyway. Broke my neck in 3-2 and 3-3 to get all of my TT99 gear, and I'm proud I have it now.

This server has been open for close to 7 months now. That is more than enough time for anyone with a little devotion to reach endgame.[/QUOTE]

That information right there is all you need to say why I don't want a server merge(s). b:surrender Its just not possible and would be a waste of money and time for the devs to try to figure out how to even merge them.

Think of all the graphic glitches if they do merge even b:shocked

You're worried about the company's cashflow? This is not that expensive of an operation... Even so, people are regularly dumping mortgages into this game, I don't think PWI is hurting for money (yet.)

Graphical glitches? What does that have to do with anything?
    thing with new servers is, its filled with pple like you. Ones who cant be in the spotlight on an old server and reroll, or ones who just plain give up and keep on rerolling on another server. factions dont last long when the majority of players have that sort of mindset. Troubling thing is i dont think they even see this flaw. HT, LC, and Sanc server are fine and busy as it is without mergers TYVM.

I was one of the best if not the best PK clerics on my old server. I was Director of the largest land holding faction on the server (Calamity) and if you asked a random person if they knew who I was, chances are they could tell you.

I didn't feel like an underdog or a nonfactor or any of that. I just thought it would be cool to try a new server. And believe me, it has been very fun for me. However now I'm starting to miss that end game support that my old server had.
    And you need to spend some of your 26 hours a day that you spend power-leveling finding friends , building a faction and questing with *them*.

Jesus, how long has that server been open? 4, 4 1/2 months *tops*?

You've eaten thru every server in the system, and that's PWI's fault?

One of two things has happened here. You've either intentionally power-leveled to this point, or you spend 18 hours a day on the server.

After the 3 or 4th divorce, most people eventually manage to ponder "Maybe it's *me*!"

If you can't slow down, or lay off the caffeine, then

* level up a veno as heavy armor
    * level up a char with *no quests* except for required quests and cultis - grind only
    * start a char, and hold until your rep matches the level of rep gear

I have many friends, I have built a faction I was proud of, and I've done just about all quests left to me.

You sound so cool with your "Herp derp 4 months ToPsZ?" however the server has been open for close to 7 months, which is more than enough time for a college student to reach end game.

Your post is just summed up to this. "Hurr durr you leveled faster than I deem appropriate or possible so u need to git a lyfeeee."

--

Back on topic: Server merge is just one idea I had. I wouldn't mind hearing other ideas, and that's why I made this thread. As stated previously, I would pay to transfer my character to an older server, and that would leave me at the mercy of renaming my character.
    edited June 2010

Well, I ended up going back and looking... picked a few random post pages till I got a little more than a year ago. Skimmed the OP's topics from 4-17-09 pg 600 to 3-17-09 pg 642... 2 troll threads saying how it's too easy to level, with a couple people complaining that it's difficult and the majority saying it's just fine.

No posts on people ragequitting because it was too easy or too hard.

The too hard to level part was either derived from focus groups or just cause PW wanted people to level up and spend more money more quickly.

There wasn't really anything about leveling too slow... though there were a couple about leveling too fast and the level cap of 105 being too high.

Also, the QQ was pretty minimal. It was kinda shocking. My memory does serve me right.
    edited June 2010
    I was one of the best if not the best PK clerics on my old server. I was Director of the largest land holding faction on the server (Calamity) and if you asked a random person if they knew who I was, chances are they could tell you.

I didn't feel like an underdog or a nonfactor or any of that. I just thought it would be cool to try a new server. And believe me, it has been very fun for me. However now I'm starting to miss that end game support that my old server had.
    you mean that semi new server where most pple first rushed to 100 with the oracle fad? Id be amused if that was LC or something but um... sry not that.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you mean that semi new server where most pple first rushed to 100 with the oracle fad? Id be amused if that was LC or something but um... sry not that.

DW wasnt that Heavy Oracle. I didnt oracle, just quest, grind and lil bit zen and FB's i stayed in top 50 of DW lvl 72-99 on barb. after that i didnt care to lvl, so got pushed of list and never been since.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly Night, if you want to merge just make your own game and see how that works out b:surrender I doubt not many of us have actually made our own game like this and merged servers so thats out of question.

Meh I don't want to be on a character where I can't even see the ground because there are too many people on or whatever.

I'm still going with no merges. Has everybody somehow forgot the part of name pools? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly Night, if you want to merge just make your own game and see how that works out b:surrender I doubt not many of us have actually made our own game like this and merged servers so thats out of question.

Meh I don't want to be on a character where I can't even see the ground because there are too many people on or whatever.

I'm still going with no merges. Has everybody somehow forgot the part of name pools? b:question

You could merge RT with Arch and STILL have less people than one of the older servers.

Yes, name pools, name pools, you keep saying that. We get it. There are various solutions to that problem, that is no reason to totally throw the idea out the window.

Your estimation of server populations is seriously off. You could take either one of the newest servers and merge it with say, Dreamweaver and still have plenty of room for more.
This discussion has been closed.