Weild thunder tepmest wonders

Options
TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
Ok so i has a question. Do you other clerics max and often use WT? I was talking to another cleric who told me i was noob for investing in wield thunder because tempest hits for so much more.

My thought process is:

Tempest has big damage yes but: Requires two spark, has a massive flashey channel time that basically says "HEY HEY, LOOKIE! IM GETTING READY TO CAST TEMPEST!!BETTER STOP ME!" lol

Where as WT has decent damage for no spark and a shorter casting time.

Im not bashing tempest as i ues it often and with great success most of the time. But I use WT more as its easier to pull off.

So give me your opinions on the two skills. I am really curious about the difference in their lvl 10 damages, so if anyone has them maxed, leme know :D
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Simple: max them both.

Tempest has bigger damage, but you can't use it all the time cause of the sparks it costs (personally I never use it except for pvp).

Wield thunder is a good spell for normal use, though it does cost more mana in comparison to the damage you get over cyclone but if you want to DD this is the skill you'll need.

As for the long casting time, against mobs this shouldn't be a problem. in PvP you have chromatic seal for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wield Thunder is an amazing opening skill against mobs compared to Tempest due to the spark cost. Although most people would say Cyclone + Plume Shot, using Wield Thunder at some point in your attacks would do more damage.

My macro is:

Repeat > Wield Thunder > Cyclone > Plume Shot > Cyclone

That's just me though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL What idiot told you to invest in tempest more then wield of thunder?
    The answer is simple, max wield of thunder, THEN tempest. Wield of thunder, you can use over and over again. Tempest, you can use every once and a while because of the cool down and spark use.

Wield of thunder will be way more useful to you for now.. but afterwards level your tempest..
  • mub
    mub Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wield Thunder is a must have skill xDD I use it very often , greater dmg than others attack skills, except Tempest of course.

For PvE, I use WT just like other skills such as Cyclone and Plume Shot.

For PvP, Use Tempest, deadly skill :DDDD We don't use Tempest that much because of that 2 sparks costs.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wield of thunder will be way more useful to you for now.. but afterwards level your tempest..

I would say that depends on whether or not the OP plans to aoe grind those delicious little orchid petalis, and in turn malicious cadevils. I think this should determine which one to level.

That being said, I think wield thunder is not a very good skill at all outside of pvp. I didn't use it very much until I got the demon version, and even then I just use it for the lulz. The mana efficiency is *appalling* compared to cyclone/plumeshot, which is of relevance to the OP because she cannot yet use herb yuanxiao.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Generally speaking, I don't use Tempest unless I'm sure I'll one shot most of the mobs I'm aoe grinding, or use it in a 2-shot aoe combo with Razor Feathers. Aggroing more than 2 mobs is not always a good idea for squishies like us, even with our healing capabilities (except posion DoT type mobs cause those are easy).

Also I use it on Dragon Temple to PvP, either random PK or to kill/disrupt any ppl who's diggin' a chest, so my squadmates can take him down easily and dig the chest for ourselves b:sin
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjhy
    kjhy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL What idiot told you to invest in tempest more then wield of thunder?
    The answer is simple, max wield of thunder, THEN tempest. Wield of thunder, you can use over and over again. Tempest, you can use every once and a while because of the cool down and spark use.

i need fily me plz man b:kiss
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wield Thunder. Strong DD, great for nuking purposes, absolutely destroys heavies in PvP (esp. double sparked). After that, maybe start thinking about Tempest. Much, much after. I'm 87 and I still haven't leveled it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lvl Weild first. tbh i didn;t start lving Tempest till 83[cause ima nub].

only times i use Tempest would be in a situation i need to deal alot of dmg to alot of targets at once. but then those it doesn;t kill notice you poked em and want to poke back
    8D

to take down a single target, put the sparks to better use. like adv. spark and using a cyclone>weild Thunder>cyclone combo. Deals more dmg just takes more hits[also more hits = beter chance to crit one of em]. not to mention it recovers some mp for you.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wield Thunder is an amazing opening skill against mobs compared to Tempest due to the spark cost. Although most people would say Cyclone + Plume Shot, using Wield Thunder at some point in your attacks would do more damage.

My macro is:

Repeat > Wield Thunder > Cyclone > Plume Shot > Cyclone

That's just me though.
    I use that same round of skills in PvE b:pleased

In PvP I'm guessing Chromatic Seal, then Tempest or Spark/Wield-Thunder as the opener. If you can one-shot them with Tempest that's the way to go but more damage on Cyclone/Plume-Shot if you Spark first. Then again I don't know anything about PvP really. b:surrender
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I ignored tempest till late 80s... WT was maxed to level much much earlier i think at 60s

WT is my opening skill when grinding, and part of my bossess macros :)

Sparked set pf WT cyclone plume cyclone plume hits for more than tempest alone, with good -chan gear you can squeeze in even more plumes / cyclones for the same 2 sparks cost

i use tempest when i have bm partner for aoe grind on poisons b:dirty alone i use razor and sirens because they are faster and cheaper...
    other uses of tempest: lvl '?' wraith attack, situations when i have too much chi and too little time to cast anything else, aoe clearing of instances when i want to take aggro off bbing cleric...
    i want sage WT b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've had WT maxed for a while. Great for DDing and great for taking a whole lot of HP from BMs and barbs. I left Tempest alone for a long time, and it's still only level 4. I had the crappy Glaives of Divinity, and Tempest usually ended up in the lower part of the huge magic attack range with damage comparable to WT.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah wield thunder comes first, then tempest, note that tempest needs about 800k Spirit and 1.050.000 coins to get it from lv. 9 -> 10, so yeah :P save up.

You will use tempest a lot more when you complete your 89 culti b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah wield thunder comes first, then tempest, note that tempest needs about 800k Spirit and 1.050.000 coins to get it from lv. 9 -> 10, so yeah :P save up.

You will use tempest a lot more when you complete your 89 culti b:victory

That's going to hurt so much... b:sad

1m for one level...