Help me With Marketing

practice22
practice22 Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
So im gona invest 100$ .. but i do wana make some profit . 100$ will be around 48 milin game . .. im in Archosaur server so its gona be kind hard to make some profit cuz server is death but still u have any suggestions?
Post edited by practice22 on

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No.

/end-thread

(Because no one wants to give away the secrets of the trade.)

(Not to be rude or anything though, just voicing out what probably many people will tell you. Or not tell you actually.)
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No.

/end-thread

(Because no one wants to give away the secrets of the trade.)

(Not to be rude or anything though, just voicing out what probably many people will tell you. Or not tell you actually.)

Bah, why reply then, if it is to be so negative? We are supposed to help. It's not like he would be in your server, have a monopoly on the market or scam you of your money.
    Seriously, it's not even a secret to do fast and easy money in game.
    practice22 wrote: »
    So im gona invest 100$ .. but i do wana make some profit . 100$ will be around 48 milin game . .. im in Archosaur server so its gona be kind hard to make some profit cuz server is death but still u have any suggestions?

The simple process of investing real money on boutique items to resell them after, you will get easy and fast profit (probably several millions, if you manage to find the right equilibrium between high enough price and good demand). Then after, you can merchant on some valuable materials, which you will see them by yourself, just buy low, sell high, but once again, not too low, or you will lose or not gain enough, or not too high or no one will buy and you will waste time on that.

But if you say the server is dead, why invest? Oh well, not my business.

Good luck!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Armsman - Archosaur
    Armsman - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I suggest you wait till one of the high level players rage quit because of boredom and say they're switching servers (seems Harshlands is most popular). Then they'll shout something like "WTT 52 million on Archosaur for 40 million on Harshlands", in which case you should then charge your money onto Harshlands server and then trade it for coin on Archosaur.

If that doesn't appeal to you, give me all your gold and I'll see if I can make a profit out of it. b:shutup
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I suggest you wait till one of the high level players rage quit because of boredom and say they're switching servers (seems Harshlands is most popular). Then they'll shout something like "WTT 52 million on Archosaur for 40 million on Harshlands", in which case you should then charge your money onto Harshlands server and then trade it for coin on Archosaur.

If that doesn't appeal to you, give me all your gold and I'll see if I can make a profit out of it. b:shutup

Eh? does your strategy work? I want a full contract with all legal mentions and stipulations made clear, including the small letters, because you seem to be the very honest guy.

/sarcasm full mode
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Eh? does your strategy work? I want a full contract with all legal mentions and stipulations made clear, including the small letters, because you seem to be the very honest guy.

/sarcasm full mode

It works, you just have to be extremely careful. I've switched servers twice, with hundreds of millions in goods flowing between servers. A simple guide for you.

Switching Servers

• Expect to lose money! You will not get what you had, coin for coin, and nobody is interested in a fair trade between servers.
    • Liquidize your assets! Nobody wants to try to calculate how much your Calamity Axes and your mount are worth. Sell it yourself and be left with raw coin.
    • Have considerable assets! Nobody is going to take you serious if you are moving around a few million here, a few gold there. You better have tens of millions ready to go, or it's just not worth it.
    • Advertise! It's going to take a few teleacoustics and a few days to let it be known that this is what you want.
    • Be known Nobody wants to take a chance with some level 30 not in a faction. You better have some decent gear and level on you.
    • Know who the cashshoppers are. People that charge zen regularly are the ones that are going to be making this transaction for you.
    • Expect items. Keep in mind you're not getting coin on that other server, you're getting items, so pick stuff that's going to be useful.

1. If gold prices are 500K, offer 600-650K for gold in a world chat. You are going to get a lot of PMs from people that have gold on this server, not the one you want.
    2. Once you have found someone who understands what you want, pick items and exchange names on the other server.
    3. Have them buy the items first on the other server!! This keeps scamming to a minimum. As long as they haven't seriously started a character on the other server, it keeps them committed to you.
    4. You are going to have to trade over your coin first. Start small, so you only lose a mil or so at most.
    5. After a few successful transactions with the same person, feel free to increase the amounts in the trade.

Of course this is all from the point of view of your customer, but you get the idea.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I remember back in the day when prices were so low $100 got you 10 mil. What's gold prices now?
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I remember back in the day when prices were so low $100 got you 10 mil. What's gold prices now?
    400k per gold026.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    044.gif
    try to get a herc, it costs more than 100 dollars, about 150dollars i think
    but once you get it, its like a money printing machine.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    044.gif
    try to get a herc, it costs more than 100 dollars, about 150dollars i think
    but once you get it, its like a money printing machine.
    How do you know? 023.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    154218d4.gif ask any veno you know
    edited June 2010
    154218d4.gif ask any veno you know
    Venos I know keep asking me for coins QQ 069.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    015.gif
    yea ive seen venos making more "husband" pets and ditching them once they are done with them

go find better veno friends.
    edited June 2010
    015.gif
    yea ive seen venos making more "husband" pets and ditching them once they are done with them

go find better veno friends.
    ok..189bbdde.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    071.gif go make one if you dont believe me, they get alot more coins than other classes even by doing normal grinding.
    edited June 2010
    071.gif go make one if you dont believe me, they get alot more coins than other classes even by doing normal grinding.
    I have a 63 veno does that count?044.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    8c460310.gif
    then you should know about it
    edited June 2010
    8c460310.gif
    then you should know about it
    I fail it veno
    I win at merchanting 044.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    i made enough for a cloudcharger thru merchanting too 069.gif

cant log in now so just trolling forums.
    edited June 2010
    Page 3?17f0f3b0.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    071.gif
    edited June 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    th_101_.gif better luck next time
    edited June 2010
    th_101_.gif better luck next time
    This ain't over QQ th_090_.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    th_109_.gif how do you reply so fast QQ
    edited June 2010
    th_109_.gif how do you reply so fast QQ
    And im farming mats while I do it485c3a61.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    3c68bb64.gif thats impossible
    edited June 2010
    3c68bb64.gif thats impossible
    Multitasking th_084_.gif
    You should see me tanking while spaming !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vote for Onions!
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010

1. Do the free zen surveys and get a stone to share inventory

2. Make Elf alts on this account (one for plants / one for ores-wood-mats / one for misc / one for armor etc...) (Elf because they have wings and can be flown to major cities)

3. Use these Elfs to vend these items when your not playing

4. Learn to craft
    > buy underpriced molders & use mats you farm to create an item to vend
    > craft items for levels 40-70 (do not add stones)
    > vend the good items > break down the other to fuel crystals (genie-fairy food)
    > save up the genie-fairy food (sell before big TW's)
    > save your plants and craft potions common to TW (save them - do not vend - you wait for a BIG TW then vend...).

5. PICK UP EVERYTHING

Here is what I do - I have a sin and a veno on same account. When I log, I put ALL COINS in the shared stash area of banker. Then I give the veno or sin $100,000. That is her $ for the day and ALL she will get.

> As I kill or quest I also dig for mats and plants.

> When I die or get pked, I take time to repair, and store mats in the shared area (keeping things organized as I go)

> I do my repairs, identify items and push the good stuff to the shared area

> When shared area gets full I log the others and move the items to their bank/inventory.

> Junk gets sold to NPC and I use for repairs

> I fly everywhere - period

> If I do not need it > I do not buy it

> Next morning I once again, dump the excess coins into the shared area. This is used for investing in charms

> ALL pots are picked up and stored / and used

6. PLAN

> This week I will.....

> BIG TW coming soon... pull out those TW pots you made and vend

> Make time to farm for specific items - the material to enter TT, potions, etc...

7. When you get board

> Check vendors for amazing deals or mistyped prices (buy, revend)

> keep ONE prize for emergencies to sell and trumpets (I have a Bad Panda I got for almost 1/2 his worth).

VENDING TRICKS

> Put your stall next to someone overpriced and sell a tiny bit lower (In another version I would get my 2 sisters to log, take some of my items and sell them a tiny bit higher - my stall always sold out).

> Auction House - multiple items that are the same > stagger the prices and the lower ones are sure to sell. No the higher ones won't but atleast you know the lower ones will. By setting higher prices - it makes people think the lower price is a steal.

> NEVER Vend hand to hand. Always set up a shop to sell and have the other set up a shop to sell to you.

MISC

> Look at NPCS that have quests asking for specific items.. think about vending that item right by the NPC (or mats by crafting npcs, genie/fairy food by that npc)

> Think about farming pet food for the Phoenix / Hercules and vending on a continual basis (in the same location)

- Think - Plan - Compare Prices -

BTW there IS no such thing as a useless item ... again PICK UP EVERYTHING.............

If your smart, you choose ONE item, vend it in same spot using same stall name and people will learn to recognize you, trust you and even look for your sales first.
    Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • practice22
    practice22 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thnx alot nianjade for ur help but once again.. im not really into the hole farming and crafting .:) my fan is to play and get some good gear .:) my point was if i could get something for around 10 mil and sell it for more or get some boutiques itmes and sell tham or something to get more profit . i do have 40 -60 mil to invest and i wana know in what ;) >.
    i now hypers areat sale now. should i buy like 100 of tham and sell tham more when the sale ends? something like this lol :) ty
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thnx alot nianjade for ur help but once again.. im not really into the hole farming and crafting .:) my fan is to play and get some good gear .:) my point was if i could get something for around 10 mil and sell it for more or get some boutiques itmes and sell tham or something to get more profit . i do have 40 -60 mil to invest and i wana know in what ;) >.
    i now hypers areat sale now. should i buy like 100 of tham and sell tham more when the sale ends? something like this lol :) ty

Well, buying hypers now is not a bad idea. The thing is, everyone and their mother is doing that too. Competition will be fierce, but if you manage to sell your hypers, you will make plenty of money.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.