Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wyldfenix wrote: »
    How do you unlock your equipment? Somehow mine got locked and I can't equip anything because of it.

are you a venomancer in fox form? un-fox if so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • autumnblack
    autumnblack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes i have downloaded the game, but it still seems not to be there unless i am blind.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes i have downloaded the game, but it still seems not to be there unless i am blind.

Open your program files and check there b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Open your program files and check there b:surrender

Or use the search option from the start bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jocker90
    jocker90 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Where do I find Inventory/Safe Extension stones and Cage?

where do i find the ingame items?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    jocker90 wrote: »
    Where do I find Inventory/Safe Extension stones and Cage?

where do i find the ingame items?

These are all cash-shop items. Hit 'o'
  • Azona - Dreamweaver
    Azona - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    um, i how can I contact someone about a technical problem? I can't log in. I mean, I can, but nothing happens after it accepts it...
  • evalius
    evalius Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how do you get to the world? like where you see your character?
  • waretiger
    waretiger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thank you for this information, it will be very useful while i find my feet
  • waretiger
    waretiger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    um, i how can I contact someone about a technical problem? I can't log in. I mean, I can, but nothing happens after it accepts it...

click on the button marked support at the top of the page
  • evilwolf13
    evilwolf13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I cant find out how to actually play the game. like what do you click to get into the game?
  • perfectruler
    perfectruler Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, that was helpful.

In regards to the classes, could someone maybe help me pick out a class based on my preferences?

I don't plan on leveling to 105, or any other high level. I might get bored of the game when it gets too repetitive or takes too long to level.

I would like to know which class is powerful in the early levels (maybe strongest class from level 1-50) and if possible, can also attack from a distance and isn't a healer/buffer/debuffer.

Thanks!
  • Xumarei - Raging Tide
    Xumarei - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can i buy something of the boutique without having paypal or any of those things??? i mean with in game money ??

cause i was told that at level 20 you can have a mount and i want one but i dont know where to get it ?
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can i buy something of the boutique without having paypal or any of those things??? i mean with in game money ??

cause i was told that at level 20 you can have a mount and i want one but i dont know where to get it ?
    Buying fashion, mounts, aerogear, and some other things is actually often cheaper if you use the Auction House instead of using the Boutique. Just talk to any Auctioneer to get access to the Auction House.

The Auctioneer also gives you access to Gold Trading, which allows you to trade coins for gold which can be used in the Boutique. The prices are set by the players, so the amount varies, and there is a small "tax" on trading gold for coins or vice versa, but it's a way to get gold without spending real money.

Hope that helps! b:pleased
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    In regards to the classes, could someone maybe help me pick out a class based on my preferences?

I would like to know which class is powerful in the early levels (maybe strongest class from level 1-50) and if possible, can also attack from a distance and isn't a healer/buffer/debuffer.
    Well, there is no one "strongest class", as they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, and that varies depending on level as well.

It sounds like you'd probably either like the psychic or archer classes. They're both ranged and fairly powerful. Psychic does magic damage and archer does physical damage. See the PWI wiki links I just gave you for more details on those classes.
  • Unforgivennn - Lost City
    Unforgivennn - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm not necessarily new..
    But I haven't learned how to open my unread mail x.x;
    How do I do that?
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    anyone knows how to buy gold? i know there was once a video about, but can't find it anymore anyone plz help me b:pleasedb:victoryb:surrenderb:thanks
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    I'm not necessarily new..
    But I haven't learned how to open my unread mail x.x;
    How do I do that?
    Just find a mailbox in game, next to bankers, auctioneers, and a few other NPCs, and then you can check your mail that way.
    solamnie wrote: »
    anyone knows how to buy gold? i know there was once a video about, but can't find it anymore anyone plz help me b:pleasedb:victoryb:surrenderb:thanks
    If you want to buy it with real money, just click "Billing -> Purchase Zen" on the menu at the top of this page. $1 USD = 100 Zen = 1 Gold = 100 Silver.

If you want to buy gold using in-game coins, talk to any Auctioneer and click the Gold Trading option. Then you can trade in in-game coins for gold (currently around 410,000 - 420,000 coins for 1 gold on my server).
  • KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear
    KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why is it that no one reads this? Everyday i see new threads about stuff that's in here.
  • Lunarcia - Raging Tide
    Lunarcia - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have bin invited to a new Faction and set as a Marshal but I'm not sure of what a Marshal is suppose to do?

And second question, where are screenshots after you take them cause I've looked through my computer files and don't see them anywhere?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have bin invited to a new Faction and set as a Marshal but I'm not sure of what a Marshal is suppose to do?
    Well, you may have additional duties depending on your faction, but essentially you can invite people into your faction and can promote people within your faction to Executor so that they too can invite people into the faction. Generally speaking, you're a recruiter with a bit more power than an Executor.
    And second question, where are screenshots after you take them cause I've looked through my computer files and don't see them anywhere?
    They'll be in your [???]\Perfect World International\element\screenshots directory, wherever it is that you installed PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • maldo1
    maldo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hey i need help how i start this game.
  • peaceangelxox
    peaceangelxox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    where can a person find the explanation for this...Why...How...What do I need this for?b:puzzledb:puzzled?
  • emstion
    emstion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Now, for the embarrassing question....
    Is constantly left-clicking on the terrain, or clicking on the mini-map the only way to move my character with a mouse-button?
    In other MMO's one can hold down both buttons to keep moving, was just wondering...

I am very glad I read this forum before going through the all the downloading and installing. Although I love everything I read about this game and would love to play, there is no getting around the left-click to move anywhere problem. I'll just keep looking, as I absolutely refuse to move around in that manner.

If there are plans to add key-movement as most others have that would be perfect for me, but if not then I wish you all the best.
  • lordrob71
    lordrob71 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i cannot figure out how to get up there i tried jumping from everywhere even the hillside areas
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lordrob71 wrote: »
    i cannot figure out how to get up there i tried jumping from everywhere even the hillside areas

Where you trying to jump to? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    emstion wrote: »
    I am very glad I read this forum before going through the all the downloading and installing. Although I love everything I read about this game and would love to play, there is no getting around the left-click to move anywhere problem. I'll just keep looking, as I absolutely refuse to move around in that manner.

well, you can move with the WASD keys too, that's getting around the mouse clicking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    RiiC - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I see a lot of posts with a signature comment and sometimes an add graphic but I can not figuer out how to do this, where do I go to add this to my comments?
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    emstion wrote: »

If there are plans to add key-movement as most others have that would be perfect for me, but if not then I wish you all the best.
    You might try buying a configerable video game controler for your computer, they even have wireless so you can walk around while you play. They have some that are expensive but designed especially for high end game play like shooter games with a lot of different buttons for different weapons ect. if that's the way you want o go. I bought one but the mouse is good fo me, I like to KISS :)
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    lordrob71 wrote: »
    Not sure what you jumping to get to but I had a simular problem with a quest for the drunkard in Everblade. I had to wait until I got my flying sword at a higher Lv. You could get someone to carry you but that seemed awkward to me so I waited. I have found that some you will get some quests that you can not do until later. I do not delete them but just wait them out until I'm in a better position to do them and survive if you know what I mean.