Looking for some tips.

Options
teknec
teknec Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi PW community,

I am a new player to this game but have MMO background, I come from Cabal, Silkroad, and WOW. I am pretty familiar with gameplay and all these shortkeys but confused with a few things. I read one guide about my points distribution since I am a psychic I need 9 magic and 1 strength. The guide also provided what skills I should get up but not when. In WoW there was things like questhelper which basically helped you with your quests saying exactly where you need to look, is there anything like this for here? Is there a program like questhelper like in WOW? Is there a guide somewhere saying exactly when to increase a certain type of skill and by how much. I did a little re-search and could not find much about this so please. I play on dreamveawer and my ign is mielniczek so please feel free to help me out and not talk trash.

Thanks.
Post edited by teknec on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well, as psychic is a new class you need to check out the guides posted in the psychic sub-forum in Classes forum.

Also, ecatomb.net is a great site that helps out with all quests :) (along with many others things :D)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    teknec wrote: »
    I am a new player to this game but have MMO background, I come from [snip]
    You should probably read the "PWI Community Forums: Rules of Conduct v1.0 - read meh!" thread. Specifically:

19. No discussion about competing MMORPG's (including other versions of PW) and other similar games on these boards.

This rule is usually interpreted as saying you shouldn't even name them here (the forum's wordfilter blocks some other MMO game names, for example.)
    I read one guide about my points distribution since I am a psychic I need 9 magic and 1 strength. The guide also provided what skills I should get up but not when. [...] Is there a guide somewhere saying exactly when to increase a certain type of skill and by how much.
    Well, pretty much you should at least get level 1 of them as soon as they become available to you. Most skills are prerequisites you'll need before you can get the next skill in the tree.

Generally, I'd say you don't need to level any of the Soul of X skills, since leveling them doesn't change much. But for specifics you should check the Psychic forum section and look at the suggestions in the guides there. You might also want to check out the PWI wiki entries for Psychics and the Ecatomb's Fansite page for class skills.
    In {some MMO} there was things [...] which basically helped you with your quests saying exactly where you need to look, is there anything like this for here?
    PWI has a built-in quest window, and you can click on green names in that window to auto-path to most things. For anything else you could look up the quest in the PWI wiki or in the Perfect World Database (make sure "/pwi/" is in the URL path, and click the USA flag if it isn't) for anything the quest window doesn't help you find easily.

Hope that helps!