Minimum Event Scoring

Options
FireBirdy - Dreamweaver
FireBirdy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I've been trying the event now and then but have never hit the top 20 of my class.
Last night I managed to get 16th in the wizzie section (I guess the cash players were sleeping) but I still got no reward of any kind.

My question is this: Is there a minimum score you have to hit even if you rank in the top 20 to get a reward?
Post edited by FireBirdy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i think i read in that quest log that you dont get any price if you score under 1000
  • FireBirdy - Dreamweaver
    FireBirdy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmm, I'll check that out tonight. I took a screenshot just in case, will check what my score was.
    Thanks.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    it's either 1k or 2k points minimum for a reward, am uncertain as to which one.

Not all of the top people are cash players, at least in wizard section. However, it is hard to compete at your level against lvl 95+, which is what a lot of the top scoring wizards are. (There's some other reasons the usual top 5 are there, but eh x.x)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i got a reward twice when I wasnt in the top 20 (but it was just a pack with an eso)
    I also get a price when I was in the top 20 and didnt have >2k points
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    iM not a Cash-Shopper, my weapon is TT build myself and im lvl 87 And Im always in the first 10 places of my class, a couple of times in the first place. So your obviously either lazy or stupid to play.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »
    iM not a Cash-Shopper, my weapon is TT build myself and im lvl 87 And Im always in the first 10 places of my class, a couple of times in the first place. So your obviously either lazy or stupid to play.

just saying that unless you are a cleric in DW you shouldnt talk like this.
    at least in my server clerics have heavy competition last time i checked
    (
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    df13952b.gif yea you are too lazy to find 5 aps spouse and make them squad you for the event
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »
    There's a huge difference between servers. On older servers, there's a lot more higher levels, with better gear and better refines.

Also, due to the way contribution works in squads, there's massive issues with breaking the system. On Harshlands, there's 3-4 BMs and at least 2 assassins that regularly clear the 20k contribution mark. I believe the current record is in fact over 40k, from a BM. There's simply no way a wizard can compete if said BM decides that they would rather boost a wizard alt or friend to the top of the list, short of doing the same.

Personally, I almost always finish in the top 15, despite being non-cashshopped and being relatively low level. I can usually manage top 10 finishes with a bit of luck, and top 5s during days when the major guilds are TWing.