Chose 4 genie skills for PK.

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Blademaster
The other day I was listening to a Barb and 2 Sins trash talking in vent as they fought 2 other Sins they'd invited into the vent as they PKd each other. These were all "spoiled" overly equipped players who had popped genies and maxed skills, and they were arguing about using genies in the pk, because it was often the genie that was making the difference in their fights.

So, for pk alone, if you could have 4 genie skills what would they be? I'll post my inital choices in a bit. Thanks
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Since your a BM, your heavens flame would work great with Bramble Rage and True Emptiness. Another skills is Tangling Mire, its a pretty cheap OP skill for BM and Barb. Get your genie with enough stamina for bramble, and rest go in str.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    assuming god gear and such

TE,mire,EP,ocoult ice
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    TE, Absolute Domain, Tangling Mire

That's all I need :) (Besides maybe Bramble Rage >.>)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    occult, holy path, absolute domain or top, then whirlwind or te depends if you want offensive or defensive.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    TE kinda sucks at higher lvl.
    occult ice, absolute domain, tangling mire and holy path or/and tree of protection
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    TE kinda sucks at higher lvl.

A spammable magic shield every 20 second sucks? Rofl. Most PvP happens in air anyways, so TE takes a big chunk out of their HP if not one hit them, then gives you a shield for you to get close w/o taking much dmg. Yeah sucks.

Str genie with TE, Mire, Occult Ice and ___.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    salvati0n wrote: »
    A spammable magic shield every 20 second sucks? Rofl. Most PvP happens in air anyways, so TE takes a big chunk out of their HP if not one hit them
    onehit them? what are you, lv80?

you shouldn't care about TE once you get 2.86, lv11 marrow/aura, a charm and 8-9k hp

and for a pk genie I'd go with tangling mire, occult ice, whirlwind and tree of protection/domain. 5th skill would be windforce or holy path, since everyone that isn't an idiot has at least 5 skill slots.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmmm I have 3.33 attacks level 11 marrow 11k unbuffed hp and I still use true emptiness for that shield, blocking level 100 +12 nirvana archers triple sparked lightnings and taking 17 damage is much safer than taking 3k+ (non crit even with 11k mdef) keeps my charm from ticking and does the equivalent of another fist hit. The damage pretty much can be ignored compared to fist damage but the shield is definately worth it.

TE is one of the better skills as it prevents death in alot of circumstances especially with the +30 attack blessings on the mages and archers

If I had to choose just 4 skills I would probably go with TE, Mire, Tree, Occult ice all on a pure ST genie
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmmm I have 3.33 attacks level 11 marrow 11k unbuffed hp and I still use true emptiness for that shield, blocking level 100 +12 nirvana archers triple sparked lightnings and taking 17 damage is much safer than taking 3k+ (non crit even with 11k mdef) keeps my charm from ticking and does the equivalent of another fist hit. The damage pretty much can be ignored compared to fist damage but the shield is definately worth it.

TE is one of the better skills as it prevents death in alot of circumstances especially with the +30 attack blessings on the mages and archers

If I had to choose just 4 skills I would probably go with TE, Mire, Tree, Occult ice all on a pure ST genie
    Since this is PK though, archers shouldn't be able to triple spark you so easily... I'd rather just sprint away/drop down or use tree of protection, which would recover more hp than TE would absorb. Only case where it'd be worth it is if you really can't run, are low on genie energy, can't stun them due to anti stun pot or something and have no pk pots of your own. Or some gank situations of course, where almost every skill has a use.

I'm not going to deny it has uses, but in my opinion it's not that good...
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    On my str based genie i use.

Occult ice
    Tangling Mire
    Absolute Domain
    Holy Path
    TE

i love my genie but i admit i lack some much needed spike damage. b:sweat
  • Phomez - Lost City
    Phomez - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    TE is a must have skill for me, can pretty much 1-shot people, if not, cause lots of damage... Have a genie with 120 strengh just for it, max damage i gave was 16-19k on 90+-100 lvl well geared people, with amps ofc, zerk, crit, ouch, bang, damn and all other stuff lols

occult ice, tangling, absolute domain, bramble rage yes too
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    onehit them? what are you, lv80?

TE can onehit 10X if it zerk crits. Not saying it would happen often but the damage can't be ignored.
    Since this is PK though, archers shouldn't be able to triple spark you so easily... I'd rather just sprint away/drop down or use tree of protection, which would recover more hp than TE would absorb. Only case where it'd be worth it is if you really can't run, are low on genie energy, can't stun them due to anti stun pot or something and have no pk pots of your own. Or some gank situations of course, where almost every skill has a use.

I'm not going to deny it has uses, but in my opinion it's not that good...

Really? And how often can you spam ToP? It's one minute c/d at the least and if you have a pure STR genie, it would take even longer depends on what level of the skill you have. TE is instant shield for over 3k damage with a decent STR genie while ToP takes a few seconds to heal. You as a Mage knows that magic damage doesn't come as dps but spike. Even my BM has finished off a Barb with one Farstrike after he used ToP.

TE spam combined with stun and charm ticking makes a BM very hard to kill. I don't know about against end game 10X mages with +12 weapons, but at 9X, my BM was able to kill a lot of charmed 9X casters charmlessly. There will be hardly gaps where you'll be taking damage between the shield and stuns.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Earthflame is the best genie PK skill ingame, your all wrong /sarcasm

If you wimps want to waste your time on genies, especially for PKing, then thats just sad

Genies need to be nerfed, cause its not worth learning OP genie skills /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yulk please ****, Gtfo, and never show your face on the forums again b:bye
  • LordTalos - Dreamweaver
    LordTalos - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Dont listen to the TE hate. True Emptyness is a wonderfull skill when maxed out. I personally use it every weekend in TW. Its my favorite tool for dealing with those airborne clerics and venos. Generally i use smack to seal them and knock 1200-1500 off of them without ticking their charm, then i pop TE. When genie's energy is full, it generally hits for 6-8k. Add the 1.5k we already did, and uve delt with most of them. If u are lucky enough to be able to seal them them get close enough for a HF then TE, very few softies can hope to survive that. And besides, if the opponent does live, u got a nifty lil shield for dealing with them.

Take it from someone how uses TE... it is hands down one of the best genie skills for a bm.

As for the other skills...

personally i use BR, chi eruption, TE...the other slots change from time to time. Extreme poison is great, as well as occult ice, mire, holy path, just depends on ur style and what u need to compliment your style.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:thanks.... shoot, forgot the Yulk filter. b:thanks
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory